Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

I have no idea who said this one, but it's a really good one nonetheless.

"Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter."

Mine has to be the most erroneously referred-to quote ever in the history of the world:

6981450_700b.jpg

Yes, it's not "Luke, I am your father" but "No, I am your father" :P

• Brohoof 1

“If the world gives you the blues, if you wake up in the middle of the night with waves of fear and senseless panic washing over you, I am your friend. If you’re overcome by a desperation that makes your mouth open for a scream that never comes out but just freezes your face in mute despair, then you and I have something in common. If you can’t understand them for the life of you, even though you’ve tried so hard, when that dislocation makes you feel like you’re the only one of your species on the planet, I know I can confide in you. If this endless ghetto of lies and heartbreak, this life-long run of fences and flickering neon signs, night sweats and suicidal urges makes you feel like stopping, just stopping, like stopping breathing, wait. Wait. You don’t have to tell me your name. You don’t have to prove yourself to me. I accept you. If you’re finding life to be the one thing that’s trying to kill you, I want you to stay alive to rise with the sun and fight back.”

- Henry Rollins, Solipsist

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

- Joseph Stalin

• Brohoof 1

"Fortune favors the brave, dude!" - Newt Geiszler, Pacific Rim

"Thanks for nothing, you useless reptile." - Hiccup, How To Train Your Dragon

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - Bilbo Baggins; J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf; J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

(edited)

@@cuteycindyhoney,

I FREAKIN LOVE YOUR SIG!!!

Hasta la vista baby!! and You are Terminated!!-The Terminator

Mah sister's speakin in fancy!!-Applejack; The Cutie Pox

Try us Dipcord!!-Rainbow Dash; Keep Calm and Flutter On

Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.- Rhett Butler; Gone With The Wind

Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 1

"Space is cold, dark, unforgiving... and beautiful."

"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed."

"Some days, you're the hammer beating the nail. Other days, you're the nail being beaten by the hammer. And some days, you keep missing the nail and hitting your thumb."

@Pink Mist

"And that's cutting me own throat."

-CMOT Dibbler

“I thought unicorns were more . . . Fluffy.”
- Mustrum Ridcully, Archchancellor of Unseen University
- Sir Terry Pratchett's "Lords and Ladies"

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

- Sir Terry Pratchett's "Lords and Ladies"

@@cuteycindyhoney,

I FREAKIN LOVE YOUR SIG!!!

The original baseline was the still image Kim Possible banner that a friend of mine made for me. I wanted a new signature to reflect my love of MLP, but didn't want to give up on my Kimmie Cub. It took me quite a long time, but I added the Parasprites and figured out how to animate it myself. I also hunted up the appropriate Pinkie Pie images to add to it. I'm glad you like the results!

Thanks you!

• Brohoof 1

@@cuteycindyhoney,

Yeah I seriously wish I could have an animated sig like that. SO AWESOME!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Yeah Kim Possible is pretty cool. I miss the days when she was on Disney Channel. Now it's just boring teenage high school drama Mary Sue type of crap! 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@cuteycindyhoney,

Yeah I seriously wish I could have an animated sig like that. SO AWESOME!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Yeah Kim Possible is pretty cool. I miss the days when she was on Disney Channel. Now it's just boring teenage high school drama Mary Sue type of crap! 

I keep hoping that someday Disney will release the entire Kim Possible collection on DVD. I have the few "Best of" DVDs they released, and the "Sitch in Time" movie. One day I was messing around, and totally accidentally, somehow every episode ended up on my hard drive as TV rip AVI files.

B)

I have since burned them to DVDs, which play on my stand alone DVD player. I fully plan to buy the entire collection if Disney every gets off their butts and releases it!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

"I have no hostility to nature, but a child's love to it. I expand and live in the warm day like corn and melons." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"Today's smartest advertising style is tomorrow's corn." - William Bernback

My personal favorite: "The closer you are to death; the more alive you feel" 

and: "I may not be the fastest, and I may not be the strongest, but I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest"

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world." 

- Bill Wilson

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

- Robert Frost

"The human soul, the human psyche, needs love in order to survive, just as specifically as the body needs oxygen in order to survive. And for people who haven’t been starved for love, that may not be the first thing they would think of. I mean, we kind of take it for granted that we get love from a lot of people. But if you have lived in an environment where you were starved for that, you’re talking about a whole different range of experience. Just like with somebody who’s starved for oxygen, I mean, most of the time we don’t even think about the air we breathe, it’s just the air we breathe. But when somebody’s oxygen supply is cut off, you realize it’s life threatening in a very short time. Well, it’s the same with the prisoners. They were like people whose oxygen supply had been cut off, but it was their love supply. And I realized that without love, the soul cannot survive; it dies. And that’s what these men were telling me, that their souls had died. That’s why they were capable of killing other people." - psychiatrist James Gilligan

I'm still trying to get this to sink in.

• Brohoof 1

Happiness isn't a fixed point that you can simply run toward... it's a constantly moving force that we will lose sight of from time to time. In those long stretches between sightings we are forced to practice patience. When we aren't practicing it's because we're already in it. I'm not practicing today.

--Shane Koyczan

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating.”
-Simon Pegg

• Brohoof 3

"For Pony!"
--Richard, Lord of the Thirteen Hells

After the last of 16 mounting screws have been removed from the access cover, it will be discovered that the wrong access cover has been removed.
--De La Lastra's Law

"shut up, hitlar!"
- Rory, Doctor Who.

"Because your so thick! You're Mr. Thick, Thick Thickity-Thickface from Thick Town, Thickainia. And so's your dad!"

-Doctor, Doctor Who.

"I AM ERROR!"
-Error, Legend of Zelda.

my senior quote of course: "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage, Mythbusters. I forget which season, but i found it in one of the intros.