Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

"I can't help it, I'm a born lever puller." - Ringo Starr

"It's all in the mind." - George Harrison

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

My favorite Yugioh abridged Tristan quotes:

"Say what again! Say what again! I dare you! I double dare you Muthaf***er! Say what one more time!"

"My voice gives me super strength! Holy s*** it really does!"

"Yeah, I can break necks with my mind."

"I can't wait until I get y own episode... It's never going to happen, is it?"

"If my dream was true, then everything we know, everything we think we know is a lie. It means the world's about as solid and as reliable as a layer of scum on the top of a well of black water which goes down forever, and there are things in the depths that I don't even want to think about. It means that we're just dolls. We don't have a clue what's really going down, we just kid ourselves that we're in control of our lives while a paper's thickness away things that would drive us mad if we thought about them for too long play with us, and move us around from room to room, and put us away at night when they're tired, or bored." 

- from The Sandman, Neil Gaiman - 

Anything written by Neil Gaiman seems like Shakespeare to me :)

• Brohoof 2

Oooh! A quote-related thread! Me next, me next!

" I f my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."  - Dr. Brown from Back To The Future series

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." - Dr. Brown from Back to the Future series

Well that was fun...  Have to admit, the movie is able to surprise me with its great storyline.

Edited by Hyperactive Herianto

first one (check out underneath the siggy)

Second one: Homo homini lupus est (in latin) it means--->L'homme est un loup pour l'homme(which translates to

-->The human is the worst enemy of his own race (more precisely) Man is the worst enemy of his fellow man, or of his own species

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, oh! I have one! <3

Dr. Walter Bishop: Either a green unicorn just raced across the lab, or I accidentally took some LSD.

and

Dr. Walter Bishop: Unless you have an IQ higher than mine, I'm not interested in what you think!

Edited by Silverstar
  • Brohoof 1

I have a huge collection of favorite quotes. So many beautiful words and sayings that I have really held close to my heart over the years. Some of these quotes have really inspired me and gave me motivation. Some of them have allowed me to look at life on deeper perspective. These been many quotes that have really just helped and encouraged me over the recent years.

I'll list the all my top favorites by category. ;)

Change:

He who rejects change is the architect of decay.  The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.  ~Harold Wilson

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.  ~Victor Frankl

If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change.  If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change.  ~John A. Simone, Sr.

Man's yesterday may ne'er be like his morrow;

Nought may endure but Mutability.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "Mutability"

Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights.  ~Pauline R. Kezer

If you would attain to what you are not yet, you must always be displeased by what you are.  For where you are pleased with yourself there you have remained.  Keep adding, keep walking, keep advancing.  ~Saint Augustine

Every single thing changes and is changing always in this world.  Yet with the same light the moon goes on shining.  ~Saigyo

Hope:

Where hope would otherwise become hopelessness, it becomes faith.  ~Robert Brault

Once you choose hope, anything's possible.  ~Christopher Reeve

The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination.  ~Marian Zimmer Bradley

Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.  ~Don Quixote

Love:

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.  ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Love is a symbol of eternity.  It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.  ~Author Unknown

Love one another and you will be happy.  It's as simple and as difficult as that.  ~Michael Leunig

Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.  ~Robert Heinlein

Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.  ~Rose Franken

When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks.  ~Natalie Clifford Barney

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.  ~Dr. Seuss

We picture love as heart-shaped because we do not know the shape of the soul.  ~Robert Brault

Love is like a friendship caught on fire.  In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering.  As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.  ~Bruce Lee

^Been a hopeless romantic all my life, and I'm proud of it. Don't judge me. :P

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...favorite quotes...

“Books can also provoke emotions. And emotions sometimes are even more troublesome than ideas. Emotions have led people to do all sorts of things they later regret-like, oh, throwing a book at someone else.” 
― Pseudonymous Bosch

“Very little in this world makes sense.” 

― Pseudonymous Bosch

“Q: Why do you like chocolate so much?

A: The answer, clearly, is because I've tasted chocolate.” 
― Pseudonymous Bosch

“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” 

― Albert Einstein

“I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.” 

― Albert Einstein

“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” 

― Stephen King

Those are my favorite quotes...did I put to many?

• Brohoof 1

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

"Twilight Sparkle: Pinkie Pie! You're a genius! Pinkie Pie: No I'm not, I'm a chicken. [squawk]"

"Welcome. Welcome to City 17. You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers. I thought so much of City 17 that I elected to establish my administration here, in the Citadel so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors. I have been proud to call City 17 my home. And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through on your way to parts unknown - welcome to City 17. It's safer here. " -Wallace Breen  

"Bryan: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Marko: [after a long pause] Good luck."

Edited by DJ Hydrolicious

Well, here are some of my favorite quotes:

"Common sense is not so common."

-Voltaire

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them."
-W. Clement Stone 

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."

-Benjamin Franklin 

"One person's craziness is another person's reality."

-Tim Burton

"A friend to all is a friend to none."

-Aristotle 

"An intelligent person is never afraid or ashamed to find errors in his understanding of things." 
-Bryant H. McGill 

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." 
-Stephen King

"The devil's voice is sweet to hear. "
-Stephen King

"We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness."
-Albert Schweitzer 

"Solitude is painful when one is young, but delightful when one is more mature."
-Albert Einstein

• Brohoof 1

My favourite in the MLP:FIM series:

Applejack: Alright, y'all, here's the deal. Spike needs to save my life.

Pinkie Pie: And you want us to shoot you out of a cannon towards a hornet's nest and give Spike a butterfly net so he can catch you mere seconds before you hit the nest and are stung by a thousand angry hornets! I'll wear this mustache.

Applejack: ...No. I am gonna be attacked by a timberwolf!

Rest of main 6: [gasping] Pinkie Pie: Can I still wear the mustache?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie Pie: Just one question. Applejack: Yes? [Pinkie has the mustache again] No.

Pinkie Pie: Ehh, suit yourself. [knocks away the party cannon full of supplies]   Pinkie's quotes are awesome. smile.png

Edited by ~Glimmer Lily~

• 2 weeks later...

"But yeah!" -chuggaconroy in practically every single gameplay video (at least the Okamiden videos I've watched so far)

Speaking of Okamiden, I've been playing Okami lately, and writing down all the quotes I could catch. I'll just list a few for now, there's too many!

"Too often, it is easy to forget that which we cannot see." -Bakugami

"Huh? Oh, I wasn't thinking about home or anything... No, really!" -Issun after they see Kaguya off

"I only half hope they don't take advantage of me!" -Issun about the Dragonian women

"I am blockhead! I guard this place so that all shall pass! Er, wait... make that, none shall pass!" -Blockheads

"You actually care about that half-baked prophet? That IS terrible!" -Issun to the Tao trooper in Waka's floating fortress

"Yeah, look at that foolish mug. You've got to be the dumbest-looking wolf I've ever seen! - And to stray into a place like this... You're not too bright, are ya, champ?" -Imps guarding the Moon Cave entrance

"What the...? It's none of your business how we smell! It's just that we don't like taking baths, that's all!" -reaction to a Canine Warrior who casually comments on Amaterasu's smell

"You needn't have come all this way for me to kill you. I would have found you and done so all the same." -Ninetails, pretty daring speech considering Amaterasu has achieved until then, but she also is the only other character who can use brush techniques (unless you count Shiranui, but he's Amaterasu 100 years ago, so)

"You must be very strong if you can cope with Issun." -Kai encouraging/complimenting Amaterasu (in front of Issun)

Issun is usually just hilariously perverted and foulmouthed, but he can be pretty inspiring too.

"Now cut that out! There's nothing I hate more than a crybaby. You were the one who left that dog in those dangerous ruins. So you gotta do whatever it takes to get the key and go help him!" -first encounter with Kokari

"The lack of a crucial element spells disaster for any masterpiece." -about Gekigami's statue missing an arrow in the bow

Waka is similarly wise, no matter what that Poncle says!

"You may have defeated Orochi 100 years ago, but one does not dwell on past glories." -disappointed in Amaterasu after the first battle against him

"Even the most solid defense has a tiny gap like the eye of a needle." -prophecy about the Emperor's Palace

Edited by Feather Spiral

"And for my next trick, I'm going to pull out his ribs." - Gavin Free

"Should we live amongst these villagers, or brutally murder them?" - Geoff Ramsey

"I threw all my roses, and he didn't transform." - Ray Narvaez Jr.

I'm pretty sure that's how you spell "Narvaez".

Edited by MartyToast

"I'd rather be dead than cool."

"I would rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I am not."

"It's better to burn out than fade away."

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are."

"Nobody dies a virgin. Life fucks us all."

"Birds scream at the top of their lungs in hellish rage at daybreak to warn us of the truth, but sadly we don't speak bird."

- Kurt Cobain.

• Brohoof 2

"If you think you understand quantum theory, you don't understand quantum theory"
-Richard Dawkins (Originally by Richard Feynman)

"What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause, to use their own knowledge against them."
-Bastila Shan.

"Post a comment on this webzone, if you want me to send you a pizzaroll."
-Harry S. Plinkett.

"I'm not that great of a guitarist, but people like it when I play."
-Jimmy Page

"Brevity is the soul of wit"
-William Shakesman... or was it William Shatner?

Maybe Shakespeare... no, that doesn't sound right at all. It was Shakesman.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not a quote maniac, but here's one I like.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

-Albert Einstein

Well, this is something the society/government doesn't seem to understand.

Edited by GhostPony750
  • Brohoof 2

"Hasn't anybody told those self-satisfied, fluffed-up critters that observation is the mother of hypothesis?" -Prof. Woodpecker in Observations of the Owl, Lab Times

A more recent edition of this magazine had an editorial of sorts where scientists complained that they spent more time trying to get grants than doing actual research. Worst thing that could've happened to the world of scientific research, and now it's reality.

'Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.'

'In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.'

Albus (Wulfric Percival Brian) Dumbledore has had some of my favorite quotes of all time, but the one here is my favorite. Also, Terry Pratchett is amazing. He has a space sword. 'Nuff said.

(Is Terry Pratchett an older version of Sokka?)