Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

"You must never give in to despair.  Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts.  In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself.  That is the meaning of inner strength." - Uncle Iroh

It's in my signature, but it is my favorite.

• Brohoof 3

"I'm sure we can put our differences behind us, for science, you monster." -GLaDOS, Portal 2

"ERR I HATE YOU!!" -GLaDOS, Portal

"Yaeraaaahhhhh" - Fast Zombie, HALF LIFE 2

"20% Cooler" - Rainbow Dash, MLP: FiM

"Hello....Imbocile" - GLaDOS, Portal

"Yay" Fluttershy, MLP: FiM

"Go sharp, go sharp" Combine Soldier, HALF LIFE 2

I love quotes lets see my favorite is probably "Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." i also like allot of Gandhi quotes "Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." is one of my favorites by him. I think the best quote by a president is from JFK when he said "don't prey for easy lives, prey to be stronger men." i first heard that one in Zombies back in black ops 1 days :)

"Understanding women is like trying to smell the color 9" -Will Ferro

I just like this one cuz it funny.

"I'll wear this mustache" -Pinkie Pie

Me fav quote from the show, hence me avatar.

"A friend is someone who knows everything about you, but loves you anyways." -(forgot name, but he's an author)

It's so true.

That's all I got for now

• Brohoof 2

Okami really has amazingly inspiring lines.

"Life is all about resolve. Outcome is secondary. It is resolve that determines the value of your life." -Waka's advice to Issun who'd turned his back on his Celestial Envoy destiny until then

"When one tries to master something, it ends in either success or failure. But it is in the attempt itself where you find the true value. Believe in your own power and walk your own path." -Oki looking at Issun's art of Ammy (part of the most heartbreakingly beautiful cutscene in my gaming experience)

• Brohoof 1

Probably this awesome quote by a fellow member on these forums...

"Worse quote ever." ~@Retarded Wizard

Cracks me up. :P

I also like this quote, which is by Steve Jobs...

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - although I don't agree with it, simplicity just makes stuff less sophisticated, and easier to use.

although I don't agree with it, simplicity just makes stuff less sophisticated, and easier to use.

By "sophisticated", he actually probably means "classy" and not "complicated". I can understand the confusion because, in French, "sophistiqué" is synonymous with "compliqué". It originally may have been the same with the English equivalent, but considering how the word is used today, that's no longer the case. Edited by Feather Spiral

"Sane is boring." - Jarlaxle Baenre (I don't quite know which book it's from, but it's by RA Salvatore).  I don't always follow it, but I believe that this quote holds a lot of truth.

And one from one of my professors, who was imitating a college student during finals week:

"Oh yeah, I slept like a baby last night: I woke up every two hours and cried."

• Brohoof 2

These are from Grand Theft Auto V. Three from Michael.

"You forget a thousand things everyday, how 'bout you make sure this is one of them?" -Michael Townley, Prologue

"Look, you wake up one day and your legs, they just give, and you just can't run anymore." -Michael de Santa, Fresh Meat

"Surviving is winning, Franklin! Everything else is bullsh*t. Fairytales spun by people afraid to look life in the eye! Whatever it takes, kid! Survive!" -Michael de Santa, Something Sensible

"Nothing increases funding for fighting terrorism more, than successful acts of terrorism." -Steve Haines, Monkey Business

• Brohoof 1

"What am I looking at? Ashes, dead man." Can't quite remember which one, but it's a Magic the Gathering card. I could not stop laughing the first time I read this for some reason.

"It's only fun if they run." Warwick, League of Legends. I don't know why but it just sounds so awesome to me.

Oh, and one more cause why not?
"Demacia!" Garen, League of Legends

Random but funny.

I have more quotes I like:

"But what if we don't find answers?" -Marlton

"Then we'll just have to ask more questions" -Russman

-Russman, Call of Duty Black ops 2 "Buried"

"After you walk into a village and you see 50 children, all sitting neatly in a row, against a church wall, each with their throats cut and their hands chopped off, you realize that the creature that could do this doesn't have a soul." -Niko Bellic

"War is when the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other." -Niko Bellic

• Brohoof 1

Personally, this is probably my favorite quote when I think about my past and the way I had to grow up. Let's just say I didn't really have much of a childhood. So my favorite comes from President Theodore Roosevelt:

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

"They have us surrounded.  The poor bastards!" ~ 101st Airborne Trooper

"The soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.”  ~ General Douglas MacArthur

And one of my own. My driver "Are you retarded?" "How do you think I ended up here Dam it?" Me during a live fire training op after leaving my truck to assist in a med evac

• Brohoof 2

Does it count if you quote yourself? o_0

"I can see a beautiful world rising up against the abyss, full of beautiful lives woven together with the harmony of friendship. I can see the spark of life, glorious and brilliant, shining in the night from every soul united against the darkness. A new dawn will rise, a dawn whose light shall pierce every nook and every cranny of every dream upon this wounded earth, healing it with unbreakable permanence.

Now I go to my grave not with despair but with confidence, confidence that the life within myself and within all who dare to live will be passed down, from now into eternity."

(from the MLP:FiM fanfiction "Wisp")

EDIT: Here's a quote I really like by John F. Kennedy: "Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression of others."

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 1

"Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

-Sheik

"Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin...one cannot exist without the other."

-Sheik

"It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time... The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you know which way to go..."

-Sheik

The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days...

-Sheik

"My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here. I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted! Already, the crest of wisdom is mine... All that remains..."

-Ganondorf

All My quotes are from The Legend of Zelda, that game seems a lot more deep than it would come across as.

• Brohoof 2

" The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant." 

-The Eleventh Doctor

" And that's it, I'm afraid. There's no more from you on the transcript, that's the last I've got. I don't know what stopped you talking but I can guess: they're coming. The angels are coming for you, but listen, your life could depend on this: don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and *don't blink*! Good luck."

-The Tenth Doctor

"Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."

-The Third Doctor

"Pop! Pop!"

-Magnitude

"I needed answers like a fish needs a bicycle-a lot."

-Ben Chang

"What a lovely, but absolutely ridiculous sentiment."

-Queen Chrysalis

"Don't call me things I don't know the meaning of!"

-Scootaloo

• Brohoof 2

Some of my favorite George Carlin quotes: 

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done."

"Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money."

"You know the good part about all those executions in Texas? Fewer Texans"

"Soft rock music isn’t rock, and it ain’t music. It’s just soft."

"Once you leave the womb, conservatives don’t care about you until you reach military age. Then you’re just what they’re looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers."

“When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?” This title offends all three major religions, and even vegetarians!"

"Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself."

"Have you ever noticed that the lawyer always smiles more than the client?"

"Saying “No comment” is a comment."

"I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it."

• Brohoof 1

The Tenth Doctor:
"Think of how bad things could possibly be, and add another suitcase full of bad."

Mickey Smith:
"Me? I’m their man in Havana. I’m their technical support. I’m…Oh my god. I’m the tin dog!"

The Eleventh Doctor:
"I've walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a madman."

From the "Red Nose Day 2011 Special: Time"

Amy is duplicated due to a time anomaly cased by Rory shorting out the couplings when he looked up through the TARDIS control room's glass floor, while Amy was wearing a skirt.

The Doctor:
"Oh, this is how it all ends, Pond flirting with herself. True love at last. Oh. Sorry, Rory."

Rory:
"Absolutely no problem at all."

The Doctor:
"Ok, we're back in normal flight. The TARDIS is no longer inside itself, the localised time field is no longer about to implode and rip a hole in all causality, but just in case... Pond, put some trousers on."

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

"You will know my name as the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

Samuel L. Jackson, Pulp Fiction (1994)

"About that beer I owed ya"

Barney Calhoun, Half-Life 2 (2004)

"You wanna know... how I got these scars?"

The Joker, The Dark Knight (2008)

"Did you know that you donate one or more of your vital organs to the Aperture Science Self-Esteem fund for girls? It's true!"

GLaDOS, Portal (2007)

"Smile, ya son of a bitch!"

Chief Brody, Jaws (1976)

"I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her..... Marooned in the centre of a dead planet..... buried alive..... buried alive"

Khan, Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

Edited by UberAntics

'The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.' Gandhi.

'What's in a name? A rose by any other name is just as sweet.' Shakespeare.

'As you grow older, you will discover you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.' Audrey Hepburn.

'Success is like reaching an important birthday, and finding you're exactly the same' Audrey Hepburn.

'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring' Marilyn Monroe.

'Don't tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass.' Anton Chekov.

'For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?' Romans, 8:24.

'Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every moment with love, grace and gratitude.' Denis Waitley.

'If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change.' Taylor Swift.

'It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.' Lou Holtz

• Brohoof 1

"Just one more thing."

- Lt. Columbo.

"You tried to contrive a perfect alibi, sir, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang you."

- Lt. Columbo

"All the ponies in this town are crazy!"

- Twilight Sparkle

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my...AHH!!" (accidentally poked self in eye with hoof)

- Twilight Sparkle

6. "Goddammit! Bob's gone! He stole his car!" - Dignan, from the movie Bottle Rocket

5. "Fine, I'm guilty! I wear false eyelashes! Oh, and I took a bite of the cake, too." - Rarity

4. "What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity." - George Carlin

2. "I have just as much authority as the pope; I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin

1. "Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority of them will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin (Huge fan, if you couldn't tell e9FkmL5.png )

Yeahh, I actually have a list of these in a document on my computer. biggrin.png  I usually put them at the top of an important chapter of my fanfics. I have like, 200 or something. These are my top 6 on that list.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

1. "Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority of them will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin

It's almost scary how true that is...

Oh, and one more quote that I can add: "Unpleasant? I'll show you unpleasant!" Ryze - League of Legends.

• Brohoof 1