Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

Shame I don't have my typed list of quest from Walter Slovotsky from the Guardians of the Flame novel series. Loved those quotes.

I do have a couple from my own characters I came up with years ago, that I've had a few people tell me they thought were really good.

"Good triumphing over evil is a well known fact. However, all good things must eventually come to an end. If evil loses, so must good, and I am patiently waiting for that day to come." ~ Evil Fighterwizard

"Some people believe power and control makes you great. No, that's not true. If you want to really strike terror into the hearts of the lives of others, you have to leave a mark. Something behind, that even when you're gone, there's still an impact. Great beings of evil are the ones that leave a lasting impression, the power to destory a galaxy doesn't leave a lasting mark when there's no one to suffer from it." ~ Tomar Gilani

And a favorite from Scott Pilgrim...

"If your life had a face, I'd punch it." ~ Kim Pine

• Brohoof 1

King of the Hill has some of the greatest quotes ever

Cotton:*see's Peggy in a full-body cast* Hank, what did you do to your wife? I didn't teach you that!

Hank: Bill, it was a different time. It was back when we didn't know the Russians were incompetent.

Bobby: That's my purse! I don't know you!

Hank: Bobby, grab my checkbook. I'm gonna kick this guy's ass over the phone.

Hank: Truckers are the last cowboys.

Hank: If you ask me, there might be a silver lining to him not being a dancing cowboy.

Hank: Ah, the flea market. It's like America's garage.

Bobby: Hey, what are those? 

Man: Those are tarot cards. People use them to tell the future. 
Bobby: They're like baseball cards for Hobbits!

Bill: If everyone fried their food there would be no war

Bill: *as Lenore* Why do you keep calling me *as Bill*Bill?

JUNIOR MONK: There is a Buddhist saying: "As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart, the wind cannot overturn a mountain." 
HANK: You're talking like a song from The Lion King. Stop it. It makes no sense. 
JUNIOR MONK: Or does it make perfect sense? 
HANK: What the --? See, that's the type of -- I'm gonna kick your ass. 
JUNIOR MONK: If my ass is going to be kicked, then it will be kicked.

+many more

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are merely the smallest element of language capable containing meaning in isolation and as such could never directly produce the 4,000 newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones" - Michael Stevens of Vsauce

Common quotes: now with more science

• Brohoof 1

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are merely the smallest element of language capable containing meaning in isolation and as such could never directly produce the 4,000 newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones" - Michael Stevens of Vsauce

Common quotes: now with more science

This actually reminded me of something

that%2Bwill%2Bnever%2Bheal.jpg

• Brohoof 2

post-7636-0-01045800-1392253078.jpg MTG cards sometimes have flavor text on them this was one of my favorites.

"We'll scale these cliffs, traverse Brittle Bridge, and then fight our way down the volcanic slopes on the other side."
"Isn't the shortest route through the canyon?"
"Yes."
"So shouldn't we—"
"No."

• 2 weeks later...

A heart of a fool is in his mouth, but a mouth of a wiseman is in his heart

-Benjamin Franklin

all national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit

-Thomas Paine

....But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

-Thomas Jefferson

"Hello everyone. I am very excited to join you on your new adventure. I hope you're not to bothered by my constant mouth breathing. My heart attacks. My incontinents. My old war stories. My constant memory loss. My occasional heart attack. Helping me take my medicine. Going to the bathroom. Cleanin' up ma poops. And all the other tasks that come with living with an almost dead person."

Yugioh Abridged: Cr@psule monsters.

(edited)

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Vladimir Lenin 

"All that is complex is not useful, and all that is useful is simple." - Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov

"There is no such thing as a former KGB man."-Vladimir Putin (Hue Hue)

Edited by Sergei
  • Brohoof 1

I've been watching some of the original Mission Impossible series. I picked up this quote which I thought quite good...

Season four episode "Fools Gold"

"I am very serious when it comes to risking my life. I don't know what I would do without it."

- The Great Paris

(Played by Leonard Nimoy)

Out on the highway

Up in the air

Everyone else is

Goin' somewhere

They're goin' nowhere

And I'll be there too

I might as well go

Under with you

"Sink to the Bottom", The Fountains of Wayne

(edited)

"Aim high kid..... But don't aim for the impossible"

Rainbow Dash

"We shall fight on the beaches, and on the landing ground, we shall never surrender" Winston Churchill

"When the whole world is against you, beat the whole world"

American WW2 bazooka instructions: 'point at enemy, fire!'

There are many great, funny, inspiring and downright silly quotes out there, aren't there?

Edited by joecal97

(edited)

"It's a sad day indeed when your rant about a forum isn't something memorable, but mere background noise in the sea of contempt for that site." - ePONYmous

We were talking about a different pony forums. It's almost mind-boggling how badly a community can fail.

EDIT: But come to think about it... It's also a reminder that I should be more appreciative of this place... 

Edited by SunBurn