Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

I'll spam Pratchett in here :D

1. It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a halfbrick in the path of the bicycle of history.
  2. Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.
  3. Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
  4. Time is like a drug. Too much of it kills you.
  5. Bishops move diagonally. That's why they often turn up where the kings don't expect them to be.
  6. The shortest unit of 'time' in the multiverse is the New York second, defined as the period of time between the traffic lights turning green and the cab behind you honking.
  7. It is always useful to have an enemy who is prepared to die for his country, this means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind.
  8. People's whole lives do pass in front of their eyes before they die. The process is called 'living'.
  9. There is no exception to the rule that everyone thinks that there is an exception to the rule.
  10. Ninety per cent of most magic merely consists of knowing one extra fact.
  11. With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince. With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D and you still have the frog you started with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"He belived. thats enough for me."-Nathan drake "You may lose your faith in us, but never in your selves."-Optimos prime "give them nothing, but take from then everything"-i forgot

"if your going though hell keep going."- mark twian

(edited)

"I am not afraid of a army of Lions led by a sheep.. I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a Lion"

-Alexander the Great A.K.A The Prince of Macedonia 

Edited by T for Timesetta

"Endings are hard. Any chapped-ass monkey with a keyboard can poop out a beginning, but endings are impossible. You try to tie up every loose end, but you never can. The fans are always gonna bitch. There's always gonna be holes. And since it's the ending, it's all supposed to add up to something. I'm telling you, they're a raging pain in the ass."

-Chuck, from Supernatural.

"It is shocking that the virtues that are commonly considered 'human' are so rarely demonstrated by humans." -Unknown

"Wealth is as swift as a winking eye, of friends the falsest it is."-Hovamol

"Even a fool can repeat the words of the wise." -Unknown

I do not fear becoming old; it is a natural part of life. I do fear, however, becoming an old person. -Me

"Damn! My Honda Civic looks like a racecar today"

"Grace... space... pace"

"Good girls go to Heaven, bad girls go everywhere"

"Veni Vidi... VTEC" also "Veni Vidi Vici"

(edited)

"Ether you Die a hero, or you see your self live long enough to become a villain."

~Harvey Dent (The Dark Knight Rises)

Edited by Berrycicle
  • Brohoof 2

"The flag may be different but the methods are the same." - Viktor Reznov, Black Ops

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Viktor_Reznov/Quotes

"We're all stories in the end." - Eleventh Doctor 

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2013/06/20-great-doctor-who-quotes.html

"Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust." - Lawrence Krauss

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/1410.Lawrence_M_Krauss 

"If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal." - Carl Sagan

http://www.haveabit.com/sagan/24

• 2 weeks later...

I am one ANGEL that will not stop shining - Lucifer

For all you light workers out there, never give up. It may be hard now, but in the end, you will be rewarded. Keep Love in your hearts, even if you are hated. - Lucifera Morningstar

I may have posted this earlier in the thread, but I just came across it again today. There is such a simple beauty to this quote.

"Humans need fantasy to *be* human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
- Death
"Hogfather" 2006 TV movie, based on the novel of the same name by Terry Pratchett.

"Last words are for fools who haven't said enough." - Karl Marx

Fellow Terrans, I come to you in the wake of recent events to issue a call to reason. Let no human deny the perils of our time. While we battle one another, divided be the petty strife of our common history, the tide of greater conflict is turning against us, threatening to destroy all that we have accomplished. It is time for us as nations and as individuals to set aside our long-standing feuds and unite. The tides of an unwinnable war are upon us and we must seek refuge on higher ground lest we be swept away by the flood. The Confederacy is no more. Whatever semblance of unity and protection it once provided is a phantom — a memory. With our enemies left unchecked, who will you turn to for protection?

The devastation wrought by the alien invaders is self-evident. We have seen our homes and communities destroyed by the calculated blows of the Protoss. We have seen first hand our friends and loved ones consumed by the nightmarish Zerg. Unprecedented and unimaginable though they may be, these are the signs of our time. The time has come my fellow Terrans to rally to a new banner. In unity lies strength; already many of the dissident factions have joined us. Out of the many we shall forge an indivisible whole capitulating only to a single throne. And from that throne, I shall watch over you.

From this day forward let no human make war upon any other human. Let no Terran agency conspire against this new beginning, and let no man consort with alien powers, and to all the enemies of humanity: seek not to bar our way. For we shall win through, no matter the cost!

~ Arcturus Mengsk

This is the speech given by Arcturus Mengsk in the first Starcraft game at his inauguration following the Confederacy's demise. While Arcturus may be a terrible man, he is a powerful orator. Even knowing what atrocities he committed to found the Dominion and establish his place as an autocrat, his speech was stirring and was almost enough to inspire in me some measure of loyalty to his cause.