Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

War. War never changes.

-Ron the Narrator, Fallout.

I always thought that was a quote from something else. I didn't know it came directly from Fallout.

OT: I can think of a couple quotes that I like. These are some that I can think of off the bat. I have a lot of favorite quotes.

"Antiva is a terrible place. All full of assassins... and Antivans!" - Duncan (Dragon Age)

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too." ~ Mitch Hedberg

"True friends stab you in the front." ~ Oscar Wilde

"We were camping for two nights and six mornings in a wa-hoo, downing Bacardi; and where I'm from, momma gets a 'what-what!' You know I represent!" ~ Michelle Bachman, a Bad Lip Reading

"My problem with the internet is that it's full of people quoting me on things that I've never even said!" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Gosh, I have too many and I've thought about posting in a long time, but I just have quite a lot. But here they are: 

John Green

- '' I don’t know a perfect person. I only know flawed people who are still worth loving. '' 

- '' When adults say, "Teenagers think they are invincible" with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don't know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail. '' 

- '' If only we could see the endless string of consequences that result from our smallest actions. But we can’t know better until knowing better is useless. ''

- '' Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'. I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful. '' 

Sarah Kay

-  '' She’s gonna learn that this life will hit you, hard, in the face, wait for you to get back up so it can kick you in the stomach. But getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air '' 

- '' And yes, on a scale from one to over-trusting I am pretty damn naive but I want her to know that this world is made out of sugar. It can crumble so easily but don’t be afraid to stick your tongue out and taste it. '' 

- '' Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away. ''

Stephen Chbosky

- '' We accept the love we think we deserve. '' 

- '' I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm going to be who I really am. And I'm going to figure out what that is. '' 

"Man, I see in the fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. Were the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great war. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very, pissed off."

~ Tyler Durden

I have a bunch I could put, but this one is probably one of my favorites as of the moment...:

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

• Brohoof 1

Here are some others I didn't put in my last post.

"You see them out there. You know that when we die--we become them. You think we hide behind these walls to protect us from the walking dead? Don't you get it? We are the walking dead!" ~ Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead Volume 4)

"Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much." ~ Oscar Wilde

"Youth is waisted on the young." ~ George Bernard Shaw

Edited by Scrambled_Egghead

"Many who live with violence day in and day out assume that it is an intrinsic part of the human condition.
But this is not so. Violence can be prevented. Violent cultures can be turned around. In my own country and
around the world, we have shining examples of how violence has been countered. Governments,
communities and individuals can make a difference." -- Nelson Mandela

Edited by SunBurn

• 2 weeks later...

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!" --Walter White

Just the delivery itself was so badass.

'Part of me wants to give them a choice...would they even refuse?' -Halsey, Halo.

“Years ago, I told my father it was 'just dirt.' But it's not just dirt. It's where we live. It's our dirt, dammit. And more importantly, it's about who's standing on that dirt. Those children. Your family. Your friends. And those freaks are going to pay for every piece of dirt they've taken from us.” -Gage, Halo Evolutions

'Thats one small step for [a] man...one giant leap for mankind...' -Neil Armstrong

'Let's go!' -Yuri Gagarin

(edited)

"Happiness is like standing at the edge of a cliff; You can gaze at the beauty of the world and feel the cool breeze in your hair, and when you take a step forward to enter this world of bliss, you fall off of a f**king cliff" Unknown.

Not exactly an optimistic one, but humourous and far too true  :lol:

Edited by Frith is Magick

"Down to lay me
 down to sleep
 besides my bed a glock i keep
 if i should awake to find you inside
 a cornor's van will be your last ride"

This!!! ^^^^ :lol:

(edited)

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely" - John Dalberg-Acton

Martin Luther King's Wisdom, Justice and Love speech

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength." - George Orwell

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." - George Orwell

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Yoda

"You take the blue pill: the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill: you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." - Morpheus

Edited by RainboomCrash

"Tirek tricked me into thinking he could offer me something much more then friendship...But there is nothing worth more.." - Discord, voice acted by John DeLancie

"Together! I think we have to do this, Together!" - Twilight Sparkle

Off the top of my head

'Tis now the very (be)witching time of night,

where churchyards yawn - and hell itself breathes out: contagion to this world.

Something shakespearian, obviously.. I don't know where exactly it came from.

And an all time favourite, because it serves as a potent reminder that autochthonous principles are often so very foreign to the ones that actually work to remove our problems:

In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.

• 2 weeks later...

"No, by CAUSING the death of innocent people" - Lex Luthor, Superman: The Movie

"Say hello to my little friend!" - Tony Montana, Scarface

"He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way!" - Jimmy Malone, The Untouchables

"I command you all.... to FIGHT!" - King Arthur, First Knight

"That's no moon..... It's a space-station" - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars

"............................................" - Gordon Freeman, the Half-Life game series

Generally when my girlfriend speaks French, (she knows I hate not being able to understand her) my response is a direct quote from Red vs Blue:

"Didn't I tell you to stop making up animals?!" ~ Sarge 

Then of course there's the motto I live by: 

"We make our own luck." ~ John 117/Dr. Catherine Halsey/Cortana

And then just for good measure because it's a deep-ass wisdom: 

"Quando il gioco è finito, il re e pedone vanno nella stessa scatola." ~ Cortana

• Brohoof 1

'Tis now the very (be)witching time of night, where churchyards yawn - and hell itself breathes out: contagion to this world.
Hamlet.

"Is this a dagger I see before me, with it's handle pointing towards my hand?" MacBeth. I would be lying if I said Macbeth wasn't my favorite Shakespearean play just for the Scottish accent...

(edited)

Turles: "Kakarot, you raised this Saiyan too much like an earthling!"

Goku: "I raised him to know the difference between good and evil, unlike some people!"

Turles: "I know the difference, I just don't care!"

- Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might

Shadow: "Goodbye Doctor! *Karate chops Eggman's head*"

Eggman: "NNNOOOooo *dies*

- Shadow the Hedgehog

The list goes on and on.

Edited by Shenron00