Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

History is a set of lies agreed upon - Napoleon Bonaparte.

i don't suffer from insanity i enjoy every minute of it - Unknown.

You're... GOING TO LOVE ME!!! - Fluttershy.

Edited by MKT_707Z

A quotation from C.S. Lewis:

“When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

p.s. the title should say "Your favorite quotation". Since "quote" is a verb.

• Brohoof 5

i really like "Imagination is more important than knowledge...knowledge is limited and Imagination is forever" ~Albert Einstein

I know we do need some education, but imagination is what makes us be creative. Ponies wouldn't have existed without imagination, or art and other stuff we use FOR education. I believe Imagination is what started off in the first place. Then it's education, but we dont have education forever. We one day pass away and that is it. And when we are born, we know nothing :)

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed".

Can anyone guess what timeless classic this quote came from?

"Anyone can have experience, but whether that experience is the right kind is a different matter."

"I believe there will come a time when people can truly understand one another."

These quotes mean a lot to me. Hopefully the last one can be a reality. (Of course, good luck with that.)

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

V for Vendetta is by far my favorite movie of all time. This is probably my favorite quote from it.

From Suikoden 1

"Windy, I loved you, but that was a mistake. It was my only mistake, but it cannot be forgiven.

As a result of that mistake, I lost my empire. Tir! What kind of country will you make in it's stead?"

Also, from the final episode of Cowboy Bebop, right after the final showdown, "You're gonna carry that weight"

Edited by Jason Caternolo

"Legends don't burn down villages." - Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak, The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Yes, I did a video game quote. Does anybody have a problem with that?

Michelangelo: that guy! he had a BRAIN!

Leonardo: We all have brains, Mikey.

Donatello: Not all of us.

The Doctor: Oh brilliant! it's you! you're my favorite you are! you know why? because you're thick! your mr. Thick Thickface from Thicktown Thickania. And so's your dad.

Heavy: Are you sure this will work?

Medic: I have no idea!

GlaDOS: Oh hi, how are you doing? because I'M A POTATO.

Peeta: I just wish I could think of a way to show them that they don't own me, If I'm gonna Die, I want to still be me.

Edited by Page Turner

"Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence."

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."

"A good friend who points out mistakes and imperfections and rebukes evil is to be respected as if he reveals a secret of hidden treasure."

"In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves."

- Siddhartha Gautama, Founder of Buddhism.

a classic quote by fluttershy " your going TO LOVE MEEEE" and "forreevveerr"by pinkie pie. out side of mlp Bangkok has him now" from the hangover part 2

Edited by lightning strike
  • Brohoof 1

Man, I love Trudy and what she says in the Dirty job episode "Goose Down Plucker":

"Well, I don't like them fuzzy when they come to the gutter."

"That membrane is hard to get past by."

"Rub him good... polish the bird~"

"I cheat a little bit - I push from this side too~"

"If you cant pull it - cut it"

"They are hard to control when they are slippery"

And many, many more funny (at least for a lot of people) things she says. The quotes that I've posted above may not seem funny, I fully understand, but you will definitely find them funny if you see the full episode. :D

About 1/4 of all Star Trek conversations is pretty much full of either wit or wisdom. Just a couple examples from the book Devil World:

"You'll kill yourself with that stuff, Jim. [...] You'll call back that waiter and plead temporary insanity." - McCoy when Kirk orders a 'spacerigger's delight'

"Space is a funny thing. It eats away at some men and leaves the rest of us untouched." - Commodore Schang (starbase commander) about Jacob Kell

"Yes, evil. I know it's a difficult word to use. We live in a time when too much is known and supposedly understood. We have psychology and psychiatry and sociology and anthropology and a dozen other sciences to tell us why people act the way they do. Things like good and evil have been relegated to an ignorant, superstitious past. But sometimes I wonder. I don't like these Danons. I don't like their mental force. And either they or it -or both- has infected your father far more than he's willing to acknowledge." - Kirk to Gilla Dupree, about the "mental force full of hate" sensed by Spock

There are also the NCIS and Fringe series. Two NCIS quotes from memory, I forgot the episodes:

"Pretend that you're talking to someone who actually has sex with other humans." Tony when McGee gets too technical (the ep where there's a baby missing, whose surrogate mother is in Autopsy and biological parents are evading the agents)

"I see why you keep it with the paint strippers!" Fornell (FBI) about Gibbs' bottle of bourbon

Oh, and YouTubers.

I've watched a Deadly Creatures gameplay by ScottishDuck, and at the end of the second chapter, he comments about the Gila monster: "It's a dinosaur!" Also, playing as the spider, when another tarantula walks in as he's eating a grub: "Omnomnom-AAAH!"

Edited by Feather Spiral

More NCIS:

"I don't believe in coincidences." - Gibbs

"My fingers are finging." Tony DiNozzo, high on painkillers after attack from a mentally unstable officer

(may not be accurate) "Okay probie, let me handle this. *turns to Gibbs* Boss, *points at Cassidy* SHE did it." - Tony again, taking "responsibility" for a mistake I forgot about

And YouTube:

"He's so happy, he peed all over the place!" - female owner of a dog greeting his soldier dad back home

"BARRELS!!!" - PewDiePie in... pretty much every single Amnesia video he's ever made

Edited by Feather Spiral

I have two:

"If you wish to make and apple pie from scratch, you must first, invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

"I'm just glad I haven't been replaced by a bucket of turnips" - Rainbow Dash

"Size matters not." -Yoda

"Do, or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Only the best is good enough."- Ole Kirk Christiansen (founder of LEGO)

"Everything has its time, and everything dies..."-9th Doctor

"Exterminate! Exterminate!"-Daleks

"One does not simply walk into Mordor." - Boromir

"Yippie-kay-yay-motherfucker!" -Bruce Willis in 'Die Hard' series

and of course:

"Love and tolerate." MLP

"This is the WORST, POSSIBLE, THING!" Rarity

"Pinkie promise?" Pinkie Pie

"Thats future Spike's problem." Spike

"Can you think inside a chimney?" Chancellor Puddinghead

• Brohoof 2

Okami:

"By the way, it only LOOKS like I'm staring at your melons!" - Issun to priestess Rao

"Now we got you cornered, you... you... mallet! No treasure's ever escaped from the great Issun! I'm gonna sell ya to some greedy merchant, and-" - Issun to the Lucky Mallet which just took them to the Emperor's palace

"It takes two to tango!" - Waka's last prophecy, where he dances with Amaterasu

"I'm gonna pull out all the stops and inspire people's faith in you! You're gonna have more believers than you know what to do with!" - Issun to Amaterasu who's leaving

Deadly Creatures:

"Well, the deadliest creature in this whole goddamn desert is that bastard, George Struggs." - Wade about Struggs (intro)

"I'll turn you into a smear!" - Struggs to the scorpion (final boss battle)

Sonic and the Secret Rings:

"Okay, so about the fire genie, then. Why not just try splashing some water on him?" - Knuckles (as Sinbad) sharing his worldly wisdom with Sonic

Spore Hero:

"Give it a try! Bite me!" - Espee teaching the player the rudiments of battle

EDIT: Couldn't skip this.

"Pirates tend to find treasure with tons of booby traps in them." Sugar Plum (formerly Chiaki) about the virus on Viscra's computer

Edited by Feather Spiral

"Ah, the internet, where everyone worse than you is a noob and everyone better than you has no life."

"Even lies are lies! But that doesn't make them the truth! Nor does it make them lies!"

"Madness will and shall begin. For you cannot choose when or how the madness originates or how it takes place." - Unknown.

Plus the ones in my signature.

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! GET MAD!! I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE!? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons, do you know who I am?!? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustable lemon THAT BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!! *cough cough*"

- Cave Johnson (Portal 2)

...No, but seriously now :P

My favorite quotes of all time:

"We think too much and feel too little."

- Charles Chaplin

"I have heard that there are troubles of more than one kind

Some come from ahead, some come from behind

But I've bought a big bat and I'm all ready, you see

Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"

- Dr. Seuss