Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

"Why choose reality when you can have a world of your own making? That's clearly the choice, y'know...I mean come on, we all prefer the easier life. Hehehehe.... You see, all reality ever gives you is boredom and bickering. And no one truly wants to live in a world like that. It's only because they think they have to accept it that they choose to buck up and deal. There's only one thing that's going to set you apart and let you succeed in life: it's the magic ticket they call 'talent'. And if you don't have it, then you're left to rot in despair. Game over. So wouldn't we better off without this reality crap? Someday, you'll all understand what I'm saying. No matter what you try and do, reality sucks. And I, for one, am sick of it."- Tohru Adachi

"Mighty Galactus knows what must be done." -- Galactus

"Does mighty Galactus also know that our chances of outrunning this disturbance are minimal?" -- Thanos

"Does annoying Thanos have an alternative course of action to suggest?" -- Galactus

"No." -- Thanos

"Then let silence reign." -- Galactus

• 4 weeks later...

The problem with telling someone that you have a right to express yourself as angrily as you want to without them raising an objection is that you’re also inherently telling them that they don’t have a right to be angry about the way you’re addressing them.

— Rebecca Vipond Brink

"You may be a doctor. But I'm the Doctor. The definite article, you might say."

"There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire."\

"I shall beat it into submission... with my charm."

"Listen! Question: Why do we talk out loud when we know we're alone? Conjecture: because we know we are not. Evolution perfects survival skills. There are perfect hunters. There is perfect defense. Question: Why is there no such thing as perfect hiding? Answer: How would you know? Logically, if evolution were to perfect a creature whose primary skill were to hide from view, how could you know it existed? It could be with us every second and we would never know. How would you detect it? Even sense it? Except in those moments when, for no clear reason, you choose to speak aloud. What would such a creature want? What would it do?"

"I tried to talk. I want you to remember that. I tried to reach out. I tried to understand you, but I think that you understand us perfectly. And I think that you just don't care! And I don't know whether you're here to invade, infiltrate or just replace us. I don't suppose it really matters now. You are monsters! That is the role you seem determined to play, so it seems that I must play mine: the man that stops the monsters."

"I can do whatever the hell I like. You read the stories. You know who I am! And in all that time, did you ever hear anything about anyone who stopped me? The Doctor is no longer here! You are stuck with me! And I will end you and everything you love. You'll find that it's a very small universe when I'm angry with you."

"He's the Doctor. He's very brave and he's very silly, and I think, for a time, he's going to be very sad. But I promise, in the end, he'll be all right."

etc, etc

“The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, but I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see I will never find the light unless, like a candle, I am my own fuel.”

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

Maxim 37: There is no "overkill." There is only "open fire" and "time to reload."

Losing a friend's trust is the fastest way to losing a friend forever!

—Pinkie Pie

"'Ohana" means "family." "Family" means "no one gets left behind." But if you want to leave, you can. I'll remember you though. I remember everyone that leaves.

—Lilo

Jumba: WHAT? After all you put me through, you expect me to help you just like that? JUST LIKE THAT?

Stitch: [alien language] Ih.

Jumba: Fine!

Pleakley: "Fine"? You're doing what he says?

Jumba: He's very persuasive!

Mangalore Aknot: We are warriors, not merchants.
Zorg: But you can still count. Look it's easy. Look at my fingers, four stones, four crates, zero stones, zero crates! Pack everything up we're outta here.
Mangalore Aknot: [Mangalores hoist their guns with a roar] We risked our lives! I think a little compensation is in order.
Zorg: Oh, so you are merchants after all. Leave them one crate for the cause.

• Brohoof 1

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

"I'm a Wario! I'm a gonna win!" ~Wario - Mario Kart 64~

Life changing words right there. ;):lol:
  • Brohoof 2

Life changing words right there. ;):lol:

There are plenty more Wario related quotes where that came from, such as this one.

"Goo-waaah!! Help! I'm on fire! Somebody! Help! In the time it's taken me to say this, my whole body's been covered in flames! Don't you think this is just too much?! I blame the game programmers! I'll remember this! GRRR!!" ~Wario - Wario Land 4~

• Brohoof 1

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, on the Trinity nuclear test.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

-Arthur C. Clarke

"The only thing you have to do to get your name remembered is come up with a good quote."

-Unknown

• Brohoof 1

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

Maxim 37: There is no "overkill." There is only "open fire" and "time to reload."

> gives all of the broohoofs for the Schlock reference

Here is a new quote I like... I love repeating this to my friends at work... especially the cooks.

"I'll take a double triple bossy deluxe on a raft 4x4 animal style extra shingles with a shimmy and a squeeze light axle grease make it cry burn it and let it swim." 

-Bubble Bass

• 2 weeks later...

"If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing it is stupid."

-Einstein

(Not sure if these are the exact words, but if you know where this is from, you get 20 free coolness points)

"Bring the banana!"

"Why?!"

"It's an excellent source of potassium!"

"Yogurt is just cheese that isn't trying hard enough"

- Sam Vimes

Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels

(I forgot which one, but loved that line!)

"Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you"
- Terry Pratchett

"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

- Mark Twain