Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

"It needs to be about 20 percent cooler"

-Rainbow Dash

“We have spilt an ocean of blood for the brotherhood and unity of our peoples and we shall not allow anyone to touch or destroy it from within.”

- Josip Broz Tito

If Tito lived to witness the Yugoslav civil war, he'd hang the punkass bitches that started it (extremist Bosnian Muslims and Ustaše)

"Without absolute laws of morality, and a God who makes them possible, what one 'bag of matter' does to another 'bag of matter' is totally irrelevant."

- I believe that would be John Sprott

I live in a country where atheism is illegal but 90% of the population believe that forcing children to marry is ok while around 20-30% are terrorists who lynch religious minorities/atheists and attack american embassies so I fail to see the morality in "god" when the majority here uses him to justify horrific crimes.

"science drives men to space while religion drives men into buildings" - caption with plane hitting WTC towers on google image

Thomas Mann has a couple of good ones:

"It is a strange fact that freedom and equality, the two basic ideas of democracy, are to some extent contradictory."

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil."

• Brohoof 1

I live in a country where atheism is illegal but 90% of the population believe that forcing children to marry is ok while around 20-30% are terrorists who lynch religious minorities/atheists and attack american embassies so I fail to see the morality in "god" when the majority here uses him to justify horrific crimes.

"science drives men to space while religion drives men into buildings" - caption with plane hitting WTC towers on google image

Can you link the picture? Or do I have permission to create a image?

It needs to be about 20% cooler. - rainbowdash one of the most memorable quotes ever

Can you link the picture? Or do I have permission to create a image?

It needs to be about 20% cooler. - rainbowdash one of the most memorable quotes ever

I can't seem to find the image on google or the quote anywhere now so I guess you probably should.The "religion of peace" would probably be really angry at bronies if you do.

The boy rages for a while - Rucks (Bastion)

Oh youth, guided by the servant of the goddess, unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.

Oh youth, show the two whirling sails the way to the Light Tower...and before you a path shall open, and a heavenly song you shall hear. - Zelda (Skyward Sword)

In a society that has abolished every kind of adventure, the only adventure that remains is to abolish the society.

A single non-revolutionary weekend is infinitely more bloody than a month of total revolution.

• Brohoof 2

Oops, I posted something here instead of in my other tab. I guess I'll just replace it with more quotes:

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead."

-Oscar Wilde

"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

-Oscar Wilde

"Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop."

-H.L. Mencken

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

-H.L. Mencken

"You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you."

-Robert Anton Wilson

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 1

" A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul. "

- George Bernard Shaw

" Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."

John Adams

" Logistics is the ball and chain of armored warfare. "

- Heinz Guderian

" All rational action is economic. All economic activity is rational action. All rational action is in the first place individual action. Only the individual thinks. Only the individual reasons. Only the individual acts. "

- Ludwig Von Mises

" I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. "

- Barry Goldwater

" I've been accused of every death except the casualty list of the World War. "

- Al Capone

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C. S. Lewis

I love this quote because it really explains my feelings as a brony. Being afraid of liking MLP is more childish than MLP in itself. One shouldn't be afraid of liking something because of it's maturity level.

"Science can tell us how to do many things, but it can not tell us what ought to be done."

-Unknown

"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."

-G.K. Chesterton

Chesterton I one of my favorites. The book "Orthodoxy" to be exact. I like the quote you chose. Another good one about war (from memory) is "A man must drink life like water, yet sip of death like wine."

• Brohoof 1

The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents...

H.P. Lovecraft.

Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.

Unknown

• Brohoof 2

This is just one of the best Applejack quotes ever it is short but good. I like this one so mush because it is really funny. "ah Chocolate milk"

and

"If practice makes perfect... and nothing is perfect why practice?"

Edited by *derpy*

"Can a nation be free if it oppresses other nations? It cannot."-Vladimir Lenin

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."- Karl Marx

"Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains."-Karl Marx

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."-Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom is the recognition of necessity."-Friedrich Engels

" Yay "- Fluttershy

"Dimitri holds him over the pit of hell, like one would a spider to a fire, and abhors him. His wrath towards him burns violently, he looks at him as worthy of nothing else but to be cast into hades. He has offended Dimitri more than when Satan betrayed God, he is eighty thousand times worse than the most hated of creatures. There is no mercy or pleading for he has provoked the pure eyes of Dimitri with his sinful manners. The only path for him is one full of death and suffering."-Dimitri Hammer, for Big Mac.

"The thin line of trust has been cleaved in twain. Thou art a foul deceiver, with thine forked tongue. The trust I have placed in thou is now lost forever. It is too late to recover what has been destroyed."-Dimitri Hammer

"Pain is nothing. Hurt me if you must, but I will only enjoy what you inflict."-Unknown

I have much more :P

Edited by Comrade-Dimitri-Hammer

“We are all dying, every moment that passes of every day. That is the inescapable truth of this existence. It is a truth that can paralyze us with fear, or one that can energize us with impatience, with the desire to explore and experience, with the hope - nay, the iron-will! - to find a memory in every action. To be alive, under sunshine, or starlight, in weather fair or stormy. To dance with every step, be they through gardens of flowers or through deep snows.”

-Drizzt Do'Urden

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -Thomas Paine

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

"Success: To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.” -Arthur Schopenhauer

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped." -Hubert Humphrey

"In the real world things are very different. You just need to look around you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly and there is no notion of good or bad. It leaves, not a dramatic feeling but great emptiness. When you lose someone you loved very much you feel this big empty space and think, 'If I had known this was coming I would have done things differently.'" -Yoshinori Kitase on Aerith's death

"People really need help but may attack if you help them. Help people anyway." -Unknown

"...you get these women who are struggling to have the female sex taken seriously for what they are as people, and then you've got these other women who are spreading their legs to make money. So you've got one person who's like, 'Listen to me, I'm a person, and I'm trying to get a life and do something,' and another woman who's like, 'Hello, anyone like a piece of ass?' " -Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries

"Basically ... out of all the ridiculous religion stories which are greatly, wonderfully ridiculous — the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah ... there's this big giant universe and it's expanding, it's all gonna collapse on itself and we're all just here just 'cause ... just 'cause'. That, to me, is the most ridiculous explanation ever." -Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

"God: You have all my powers. Use them any way you like. There are just two things you can't do: You can't tell anyone you're God. Believe me, you don't want that kind of attention.

Bruce: And the other?

God: You can't mess with free will.

Bruce: Can I ask why?

God: Yes you can! That's the beauty of it!" -Bruce Almighty

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." -George W. Bush.

"Too many MMOs are satisfied with basing their game content solely on 'This is your sword. This is its pointy end. Now go stick it in things until your numbers don’t go up anymore.'” -John Stumme

• Brohoof 1

"Suffer not the Xenos to live"

"If a job worth doing it's worth dying for!"

"If a man dies that another should live, that man's spirit shall eat at the Emperor's table"

source: some weird books named Codex

"I worship the ground that awaits your grave" - A Lyra fanboy

Edited by Star Weaver
  • Brohoof 1

"To be honest, I expected much worse." - lab teacher about our Western Blot results today, guess she's used to students messing up a lot of things during experiments :P

"If practice makes perfect... and nothing is perfect why practice?"

"Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. If your practice is perfect, then you'll be permanently perfect."

- signature of YoshiAgent; global mod of the infamous (now dead) YAF, one of the few people there who had SOME sense of perspective

More Okami quotes, one being from Ninetails.

Issun quotes:

"I only half hope they don't take advantage of me!" - about the Dragonian women (the majority of Dragonians they met)

"Go get some orb from the dragon's stomach? Are you nuts?" - to queen Otohime asking them to retrieve the Dragon Orb

"I'm too young to be digested!" - inside the dragon, as his stomach acid level rises

"It must lead to that busty babe or I'm a monkey's uncle!" - upon finding a well behind a secret passage, following a sort of ghost of Rao

"Now shape up or ship out!" - about to enter Oni Island

And now, Ninetails speaking right before the battle:

"You needn't come all this way just for me to kill you. I would have found you and done so just the same."

Considering Amaterasu defeated more than her fair share of enemies, including an 8-headed dragon (Orochi), it's pretty daring.