Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

"The only real power comes out the end of a long rifle" - Stalin

"Eventual annihilation is unavoidable." - Disturbed

"Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger, can I take your order, Huuah!" - Good Burger dude...

"The all consuming heat overwhelms, It's no surprise my Icy skills failed to harm you..." (ICE) Elite 4, Emerald.

And the Chaos quotes, 'cos they are awesome!

"Sense? What fun is there in making sense?" - Discord

"So, we've got the Chaos spirit, born from raw Negative Chaos energy, the lord of Chaos himself- Discord, and that annoying bastard from Final Fantasy.....That's a whole lotta' chaos.." - Dude that realized the many forms of Chaos.

(EDIT: Butterfly post! Yay!)

Edited by Shardikku

Well my favorite quote ever would have to be

"Ladies and Gentleman take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice." In the tv show M*A*S*H, not sure how many of you have seen that here :).

But my favorite pony quote is "Eeeyup" lol Big Mac, you kill me :D

Might offend some people

• Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. - Richard Dawkins
  • Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it. - Christopher Hitchens

"moo" - cow

Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.

- Douglas Adams

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

- Mark Twain

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain, again.

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin

“When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.”~Thomas Jefferson

"How can I run for office and say I want to be a weak president? We need a strong president, strong enough to resist the temptation of taking power the President shouldn’t have."~Ron Paul

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies"~Ron Paul

"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. when man devoured the fruit of knowledge he sealed his fate. enthrusting his fate to the cards man clings to a dim hope"

nyx avatar, persona 3

"Who's to say that love needs to be soft and gentle" - From the movie Secretary

"Even this burning house is good to live in" - unknown

"I know your making accidents and stars for everyone, your amazing, half of them won't know until your gone"

- Built to Spill

"You must never feel badly about making mistakes, explained Reason quietly, as long as you take the trouble to learn from them. For you often learn more by being wrong for the right reasons than you do by being right for the wrong reasons."

- The Phantom Tollbooth

"Where I was born and where and how I have lived is unimportant. It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest."

- Georgia O'Keeffe

"Peace is not God's gift to his creatures, It is our gift to each other" Elie Wiesel

"In three words I can sum up everything I learned in life: it goes on" Robert Frost

I want to crawl inside your soul

Nestle in your brain

Stand you on your head

Crouch you on all fours

Oh, I will walk among your dreams

When you think you are asleep

The invitation of your mind

Beckons me to your sin

- Possession by Danzig

YET ANOTHER ISSUN QUOTE

"Quick, Ammy, before your former self steals all the glory!"

~ at the end of the battle against Nechku, fought in present day with Shiranui from 100 years ago

"Who's to say that love needs to be soft and gentle" - From the movie Secretary

I love you and the author of that quote. :3

"You must never feel badly about making mistakes, explained Reason quietly, as long as you take the trouble to learn from them. For you often learn more by being wrong for the right reasons than you do by being right for the wrong reasons."

- The Phantom Tollbooth

"People always worry about making the wrong choices, when what they should really worry about is not making any." ~Hetty to Nate, in NCIS: Los Angeles

Little girls, this seems to say,

Never stop upon your way.

Never trust a stranger-friend;

No one knows how it will end.

As you’re pretty, so be wise;

Wolves may lurk in every guise.

Handsome they may be, and kind,

Gay, or charming never mind!

Now, as then, ‘tis simple truth—

Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth!

-The Grimm Brothers, Little Red Riding Hood

Needs more Star Trek, so here are quotes from 3 books (owned in English version, so you can be sure of the lines' accuracy).

The Fearful Summons (Denny Martin Flinn):

"Little fish that want to survive hunt only littler fish, not sharks." ~Maldari, a Beta-Promethean pirate captain, about taking over the Excelsior with his "ancient bucket"

You're very sweet, but I'm afraid I've taken a vow. I can't have a relationship with anything I might have had for dinner. ~Kirk's thought to a Phylosian (plantlike telepaths), apparently a hooker or something

"I'm a civilian now. - I am aware of that, Captain. - So you can call me Jim. - Thank you, Captain." ~Spock while being unofficially "recruited" by Kirk

"And this old pile of bones is Bones. Dr McCoy. Don't get too close to him, he's still lethal." ~Kirk introducing his crew to cadet Barbara O'Marla

"Loosen up, before you become an old fart like me." ~McCoy telling Kirk not to worry too much about Barbara

Mutiny on the Enterprise (Robert E. Vardeman):

"Damn thing rips apart all my atoms, juggles them like some performer at a circus, then tosses them back together to who knows where. A miracle my enzymes are still functioning." ~McCoy ranting about the transporter as usual

"You worry too much, Spock. I'm used to handling farm animals. They never knew what hit 'em when I worked on them. - That certainly explains your bedside manner with the crew." ~McCoy and Spock, as the former is about to tranquilize their living 'prison'

"Please tend to your patients. I can only hope that your medical skills surpass your piloting abilities." ~Spock when McCoy warns him that their shuttle is getting too close to the Enterprise

"Diplomacy seems to be ninety-nine percent hot air and one percent insanity." ~Kirk to Uhura, during the 'diplomatic debate' between the representatives of Ammdon and Jurnamoria

The IDIC Epidemic (Jean Lorrah):

"You make me ill without any virus, Borth. [...] if I do become ill, I won't die. Someone has to be around who knows you for what you really are!" ~Korsal, a Klingon scientist, to the Orion representative suggesting the use of the plague as a bioweapon

"Nature is more dangerous than an acknowledged enemy, for it so often appears one's friend that one never expects the moment it turns and casually kills." ~Klingon Survival lesson, as remembered by Korsal's son Kevin while a snowstorm is moving in and trapping them

"Doctor, I trust that one of your noxious potions will quickly destroy that virus. - You better believe it, Spock. But if it doesn't, maybe I'll try beads and rattles. - However you do it, please protect yourself. [...] - Oh, I certainly wouldn't want to inflict your anatomy on some other physician" ~Spock and McCoy, as the doctor is leaving the bridge to beam down to the planet surface

"The children who scream are not always the ones requiring attention." ~T'Pina

Edited by Feather Spiral

'What are you doing?!'

*sprawled on the floor*

'Nothing!................I'll go put some cloths on'

Rebecca and Daniel, My GCSE Drama class in a improvisation play.

-"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes : If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." General James Mattis.

-"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

-"Attacking is the only secret. Dare and the world always yields; or if it beats you sometimes, dare it again and it will succumb." William Thackeray

-"Live for nothing or die for something, your call."John Rambo

-"All warfare is based on deception" Sun-tzu

• Brohoof 1

Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. - Richard Dawkins

"It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it." ~Fun Boy Three and Bananarama song (title and chorus), not exactly in this context but can be generalized to things like belief and science

You can have faith in someone because you've interacted with them and your judgment tells you they can do things... or you can have faith because your parents/teachers/mentors/superiors beat you (verbally and sometimes physically) into it.

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin

"It's not enough to raise the ceiling, you must also prevent the floor from collapsing." ~Bernard Werber and many of his characters, on progress and people's reaction to it (original quote in French, translated by yours truly)

A lot of people complain about lack of freedom, but when they get it, they misuse it... which calls for drastic measures, or letting the wrong people take control.

-"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

"Pushing the limits makes great scientists. Or mathematicians." ~T'Pina, in Star Trek book The IDIC Epidemic Edited by Feather Spiral

Whoever says 'anyone should not force beliefs on others' does not realize the belief they are forcing on others."

This part I disagree with. Saying "don't force your beliefs on others" is not forcing someone to leave others alone, it's advising them to respect other people's beliefs.

I know it's a quote from someone else, but the fact you included this part suggests you agree with it, at least to a degree.

"War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

-Bertrand Russell.

"Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice."

- Eleanor Lamb.

"Humans are cowards in the face of happiness."

- Momoko, in the film Kamikaze Girls

"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

- Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the siren sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child that dreamt one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and North of Shangri-La. They can keep their Heaven. When I die, I'd sooner go to Middle Earth."

- George R.R. Martin. (From a longer quote, but I chose my favorite part to save space)

Edited by Osaka Bomb

"Your telling me that aliens can't get through. A. Pan-try...DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR"

nostalgia critic signs-aliens can't get through a pantry door

best line ever,

"It might be easier if you took a deep breath, lift from the knees, and SHOVE IT UP YO BUTT!" - Stanley Hudson.

"I'M WET!!! I'M WET!!! I'M HYSTERICAL AND I'M WET!!! *slap* I'M IN PAIN!!! And I'm wet... AND I'M STILL HYSTERICAL!!!" - Leo Bloom (aka Gene Wilder from The Producers.)

"QUIET, WRETCH!" - Me, every time my phone rings, every time the alarm for the fries goes off at McDonald's, basically every time something makes a noise.

Edited by HylianMadness

"Hey! That's not a bunny!" - Disappointed birthday girl

"What do you mean you missed?" - Confused Jewish dad at his newborn's circumcision

"Where the hell did that come from?" - Magician

"Haha! they said I could never teach a llama to drive!" - the clown from asdfmovie2

And my signature.

• Brohoof 1