Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

"A few months ago, a dollar was worth 1,337€, and now it's 1,3615. Am I the only geek who realizes we've lost 20 years in a few weeks?" ~anonymous

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all. In which case, you have failed by default." ~J.K. Rowling

"A minute's success pays the failure of years." ~Robert Browning (I don't really agree about the comparison, but I must concur that success feels good more strongly than the frustration of failures, at least for me since I constantly expect failure)

"What do you mean you missed?" - Confused Jewish dad at his newborn's circumcision

DX

From Jaws:

Hooper: "Tiger Shark"

Bum: "A wha?"

Priceless and hilarious, even though its not really supposed to be that way when it came out. XD

Martin Niemöller's famous "First They Came" - I can never remember it all, so I'll copy and paste it

When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.

• Brohoof 2

i keep all my favorites tucked away safe on my facebook quotes section, so heres a selection of some of my personal favorites. enjoy!

"A purist is one who desires that an item remain true to its essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences."

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right and forget the ones that dont. Believe everything happens for a reason and if you get a chance: take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it"

"Sipping good brandy has been described as being like a tiny cat in velvet slippers scampering down your throat. Sipping bad brandy is like the same cat, barefoot, being pulled out by the tail."

"Paranoia and common sense come together as the world goes insane."

“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”

"An amateur practices until he can get it right. a professional practices until he cant get it wrong."

"There was a time in rally where all that mattered was going faster and faster, a sea of people crowded around a dirt road moving in and out like the tide, and the chirp of blow-off valves tingled your spine."

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

"like people, every car possesses a unique character, with its own DNA, talents, and idiosyncrasies. push it too hard and it'll turn on you, as a person would. if its worth anything, it gets more interesting the more you get to know it"

"luck is earned through hard work and determination, not to mention the willingness to take risks and to see bad luck and setbacks as opportunities for growth and a new direction."

"Work like you dont need the money, love like its never going to hurt, dance like nobodys watching"

"Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy."

"Most things evolve. They change slowly, gradually maturing sometimes in a manner that makes it hard to pinpoint when the old went out and the new came in. That is usually true with art, music and cars. It is not true with the era of the supercar however. There is a well defined moment when everything changed, and that moment was the arrival of the Lamborghini Miura."

"Money and greed dilutes what is truly pure"

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning how to dance in the rain"

"The mindfulness of the Warrior is two-fold. First, he is always alert and awake, ever vigilant. He has keen situational awareness. He never lets complacency lull him to sleep; instead, he is always watching, observing, studying, and planning. Secondly, the Warrior is mindful of the finiteness of life and the inevitably of death, and he purposefully contemplates that death. His courage is rooted in the fact that he is not afraid to die. Life’s shortness brings clarity to his mind. He knows that any minute could be his last so he makes every day and decision count. Carpe diem! becomes his battle cry."

"I can live with failure, but not with uncertainty"

"i am too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated"

"you cant start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one"

"free your heart from hatred, free your mind from worries, live simply, give more, expect less"

"I have no fear of losing you, for you aren’t an object of my property, or anyone else’s. I love you as you are, without attachment, without fears, without conditions, without egoism, trying not to absorb you. I love you freely because I love your freedom, as well as mine."

"I'm sorry im both your umbrella and the rain"

"

its a strange moment when you realize the sound of nature is the sound of millions of animals, insects, and birds, all trying desperately trying to get laid."

"

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "if i only had my gun"; and Lord, if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass."

• Brohoof 1

*Grandia 2 spoilers*

Any lines between party members and Zera/Valmar, especially the ones about the human heart. Also, Tio's lines from after Roan says he can die in peace. (something like "No! I can't stand it anymore! There will be no more death!") Also, all of Melfice's lines from the fight against him.

Edited by Yuber

"Only after the last tree has been cut down, the last river poisoned, and only after the last fish has been caught, will you realise you can not eat money." -Cree prophecy

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it!" -Erwin Rommel as a commander

• Brohoof 2

"Well, Lewis Wolpert and I agree on one thing, which is that we think the nature of science is based on evidence. He thinks there’s no persuasive evidence for telepathy. Of course, that depends on how easily it is to persuade somebody. There are many creationists who think there’s no persuasive evidence for evolution. If you have a closed mind and if you’re convinced you’re right, then no amount of evidence will make the slightest difference."

"Many branches of science are based on experience. It’s the starting point for science. It’s not something we can reject, and there have been many collections of case histories and if you collect hundreds of anecdotes, lots of people have had similar experiences … anecdotes turn into a kind of natural history."

"Well, I noticed that when the parrot film was showing, Lewis wasn’t looking at it! That film was shown on television … and in early stage of our investigations, he did the same then. They asked a sceptic to commentate. Lewis appeared on the screen and he said, 'Telepathy is just junk … there is no evidence whatsoever for any personal, animal or thing being telepathic.' The filmmakers were surprised that he hadn’t actually asked to see the evidence before he commented on it, and I think, this is rather like the Cardinal Bellarmine, and people not wanting to look through Galileo’s Telescope. I think we have a level here of just not wanting to know, which is not real science …"

It’s very strange in science that some new ideas are perfectly acceptable. For example, David Deutsch who is a Physicist in Oxford has written a book on Time Travel. He’s also written a book on Multiple Universes, the idea that every time a physical observation is made, the universe splits, and there’s billions, trillions, quadrillions of parallel universes, completely unobserved. He holds down a respectful position in Physics in Oxford. There’s no evidence at all for this postulate, and yet, this is quite tolerable within Physics. However, when it comes to the subject of telepathy, David Deutsch says very much the same as Lewis Wolpert. 'It’s total rubbish, not a shred of evidence.' I know he hasn’t studied the evidence, but somehow the same person can have totally wild theories about paranormal universes and yet, this complete taboo against telepathy, co-existing in the same person.

~Rupert Sheldrake, biologist and researcher

“Scientists cannot bear the thought of a natural phenomenon that cannot be explained. There’s a kind of religion in science that every event in the universe can be explained in a rational way.”

~Robert Jastro, astronomer and founder of Goddard Institute of Space Studies

Edited by Feather Spiral

"Don't dream it, be it" - The Rocky Horror Picture Show

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

"You're either on the bus, or off the bus" ~ The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

"Without music, life would be a mistake." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

"The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage.” ~ Thucydides

"A man can't be too careful in the choice of his enemies." ~ Oscar Wilde

"A man who does not think for himself does not think at all." ~ Oscar Wilde

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." ~ Oscar Wilde

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." ~ Oscar Wilde

"Only the shallow know themselves" ~ Oscar Wilde

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" ~ Oscar Wilde

"We are all in the gutter, but some of are looking at the stars" ~ Oscar Wilide

"Think to yourself that every day is your last. The hour to which you do not look forward will come as a welcome surprise. As for me, when you want a good laugh, you will find me in fine state... fat and sleek, a true hog of Epicurus' herd." ~ Horace

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." ~ Epicurus

Thats not even a quarter of them haha

I have tons from musicals too lol

"Shall bestow the gift of insanity upon all!" -Cthulhu

"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right." -Henry Ford

"I like offending people, because I think the people who get offended should be offended." -Linus Torvalds

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Edited by Urdnot Shepard
  • Brohoof 1

"Get through the unknown like your life depended on it."

- translated lyrics from the song "Ginga Densetsu Weed" by Dohatsuten

"I don't want to go."

- The 10th Doctor from Doctor Who

Edited by Koori

"Hit any key...? Well which key is the any key?"

Terran Marine, Starcraft

"You're stuck to her like a rainbow on an oil slick"

Not quite sure where I heard this.

"When you are many, appear few. When you are few, appear many."

I was told Sunzoo said that.

Anything from this guy vvv

"Die, die, die... oh, I died."

"Wutcha gonna do? Wutcha gonna do when I come for you? Wutcha gonna do... oh."

~NerdCubed kicking ass then dying in his Omegalodon gameplay video

"Lose the gal, pal."

"Grab your gear!"

~Gibbs in NCIS

"Common sense is not so common."

Or it's common but doesn't make sense. A lot of people I've discussed with, use a "reasoning" strategy that is basically an extension of "I'm rejecting your ideas because of my hostile feelings towards you but that doesn't make me any less right". Edited by Feather Spiral

"Nobody sees you when you're on cloud nine."

“There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.”

“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?”

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

“Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.”

-John Lennon

"It seems to me, Govinda, that love is the most important thing in the world. It may be important to great thinkers to examine the world, to explain and despise it. But I think it is only important to love the world, not to despise it, not for us to hate each other, but to be able to regard the world and ourselves and all beings with love, admiration and respect."

-Siddhartha, Siddhartha by Herman Hesse

"When you look back on your life what will you see? 

Did you spend your time mending fences or planting mines?

There's no shortage of potential enemies, 

so don't waste so much time pushing away your kind."

-"When You're Dead" by Aurelio Voltaire Hernandez

"...if wealth is measured by the ease,

you do just what you please,

then I'm the richest man in here."

-"Stubborn as a Mule" by Aurelio Voltaire Hernandez

“Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be.”

-Holden Caulfield, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.”

Mr. Antolini, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

im bored and slowly going Crazy...So to keep my sanity Im gonna Read an ungodly about of books or maybe Wikipedia......Wait... what was I do again O Yeah what is you quote  And Why Here is mine Its from a book I read earlier

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” 
- Sun Tzu  (The Art of War)

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”

-Sun Tzu (The Art of War)

These are my favorite......

'' In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you.'' - Green Goblin

This quote proves that everybody has a hero inside of them, or at least when you do good things for people usually they turn on you.

• Brohoof 2

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
- Broken Space Core, Portal 2

Truly inspirational. I am filled with ambition and determination whenever I hear it. Stride forth!

• Brohoof 2

one of my favorite quotes is from the book The Black Gryphon it from a man who is a therapist of sorts " who helps the one who helps everyone" it tells me that even if someone helps others all the time just remember that sometimes they too need help.

• Brohoof 1