Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Steam Game?

biggrog7

I can't even handle games on my computer, but I do have some games on Xbox that are also on Steam, and some would be: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.. And that's pretty much all I play on Xbox.

Brother, don't get me started. Team Fortress 2, Half Life (1,2+episodes), The Binding of Issac, Gmod(TTT ftw), FTL, Civilization, Skyrim, Dungeons of Dredmor, Plants vs Zombies, Deus Ex(+Human revolution), Portal 2, Star wars: Knights of the old republic, Psychonauts.

I know some people have issues with steam, but for me, Valve is one of my favorite companies of all time, like PIxar.

• Brohoof 2

It's a competition between Portal 2 and Team Fortress 2. In the end it's probably Portal, since I can't play TF2 anymore. It will probably change to Skyrim when I get it though.

Hmm. Tough one since I usually don't pick favorites but I can try.

• SPAZ (Space Pirates and Zombies)
  • TF2 was a helluva good time waster and incredibly fun
  • Bastion
  • Black Mesa Source
Just to name a few, but I have never played a "bad" Steam game. I think they are all good :3

Pretty much anything Half-Life related, but my favorite is Episode 2.

TF2

Garry's Mod

Binding of Isaac

LIMBO

And for games I had for awhile before they came out on steam (so not really steam games, but still on steam):

Civilization (all of them)

Knights of the Old Republic (all of them)

Psychonauts

Defcon

Well, I've had a Steam account for a few years now, and I'm nearing three hundred games at the moment, but my favorite is still Doom 2, which is also my favorite game of all time.

• Brohoof 2

I have plenty of good games in my list but i'm gonna tell the ones i most liked.

- Team Fortress 2, no need to explain why.

- Psychonauts, AMAZING game... one of my favourites and one of the best games i have ever played in my life, awesome gameplay and storyline.

- Half-Life, no matter how many times i play it, i enjoy every second of it.

- Garry's Mod, i enjoy this game a lot, i don't play it too much these days, i have to pick it up and learn Wire.

- Bioshock, great game and unique gameplay, i really enjoy this game but i didn't finish it yet (there's no sound in the game for some reason).

- Bastion, i couldn't believe this was an indie game, it's marvelous and the soundtrack is a diamond, i enjoyed this game a lot.

Currently, I've only purchased Simcity 4, which I adore, but I'm hoping to get TF2, the portal series, and basically all the valve games.

My favorites would include:

*TF2 - No need to explain this

*Portal 2 - Wheatley makes this game complete 'nuff said

*Dark Souls PTDE - Challenging game even if it was a horrible port from the PS3 version

*Garry's Mod - I love sandbox style games

*Binding of Isaac - Probably the most screwed up game I know of

*GTA IV - No need to explain

Edited by BeauDozer

Steam games? My library is huge and I've only played about half of them...

Let's go with Legend of Grimrock. Anybody who has played the old Eye of the Beholder games from the early 90s will nostalgia hard over this one. It's essentially Eye of the Beholder with modern graphics. This is a style of gameplay I haven't seen in nearly 19 years. That being the case, it not only induces nostalgia but it feels brand new to me. Anybody who knows what I'm talking about should check it out for the nostalgic factor alone; anybody who hasn't played EotB should look to Legend of Grimrock for a totally fresh experience.

Well, I've had a Steam account for a few years now, and I'm nearing three hundred games at the moment, but my favorite is still Doom 2, which is also my favorite game of all time.

It certainly is... chaotic.

This is probably a terrible thing, but I started playing the first one when it came out at the tender age of 5. I loved it.

• Brohoof 1

Why specifically games on the Steam platform? Anyways...

TF2. Been playing it for years. I mean, no matter how many crappy updates and crappy crutch weapons *cougcoughlibertylaunchercoughcough* it gets, it will still be TF2.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. More people need to know about this game. The single most unique shooter I have ever played. It got an HD update recently. Seriously, if unique shooters are your thing, go get it. Not gonna describe it more because, honestly, it's better to just see it yourself. :P

Trine 1-2. Great platformers with physics-based puzzles, as well as gorgeous graphics and beautiful music.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Kickass game in a kickass series. Best way to describe it would be a hybrid of the Zelda series and the Mana series. Spent a lot of time in this game, probably gonna spend more and beat it on the highest difficulty some day.

Bastion. One of those game's that's just amazing to look at, listen to, and play. I honestly don't get how it gets away with calling itself indie when it was published by Warner Bros., but it's still an amazing game with replay value.

The Binding of Isaac. I love this game, but it's not for everypony. It's, uh, controversial nature, along with its difficulty, makes it one of those games you either love or hate. Tons of replay value here. I have no shame in admitting I've logged nearly 70 hours in this beast.

Shank. This game is one of those ones that I feel doesn't get enough attention. It's a side-scrolling beat-'em-up, like the old-kind. Its comic-book artstyle, actual existence of a story, and good voice acting pile on top of its great gameplay to make it a game people -like me- who enjoy the genre should play. It has a sequel, but I don't have it. :(

That's just my personal list of my favorite Steam games. I might be forgetting to list one or two, but meh, if I keep going on about games on the Steam platform that I love, I might start sounding like an advertisement and be boring to read. :P

Steam games? My library is huge and I've only played about half of them...

More or less the same boat that I'm in.

My most played Steam games:

• TF2 - needs no introduction. I'm pretty much completely burned out on it and have no immediate desire to play it at all, though.

• Terraria - Building and digging stuff. Time waster.

• Crysis Wars - My favorite online FPS, hands-down.

• Civilization V - Turn based strategy time wester.

• Tribes Ascend - My other favorite online FPS, hands-down. Also free.

• Racedriver: GRID - My favorite PC racing game.

Honorable mentions:

Ys: The Oath in Felghana & Ys: Origin - The only reason these aren't on the above list is due to the fact that I played the hell out of fan translated import copies years ago. ;)

• Brohoof 1

TF2 - needs no introduction. I'm pretty much completely burned out on it and have no immediate desire to play it at all, though.

That's sad. Many, many years after it's release and several after I bought it, I'm only now getting ready to play it. I'll probably hang out on EqD or reddit servers.

Crysis Wars is something I'm strongly considering. I played the first Crysis and didn't care much for it, then I played Warhead and enjoyed it. Eventually got rid of both (I had hard copies) and never got into Crysis Wars because back then I had dial-up. I sent you a friend request on Steam. If I get this sometime soon maybe we could play together. Or I could get all RO2 on you and ice you from a window, if there are any windows. Your call.

edit: I kid, of course. You dropped me about six times after that.

Edited by Artemis

I have over 80 games on Steam, mostly thanks to the Humble Bundles and Valve's ridiculous semi-annual sales. But the one I've played over twice as much as any other didn't cost me a penny. And that game is...

Team Fortress 2, of course.

I don't really know of any other free-to-play games on Steam worth playing.

Just for the record, though, my favorite paid game is Half-Life 2.

And Batman: Arkham Asylum.

And Skyrim.

And Frozen Synapse

And [game]

And [other game]

And [it keeps happening]

Edited by Pony Joe

I know it's probably over-hyped and over done but, Amnesia: The Dark Descent was my first real introduction to horror gaming and will always have a special place in my heart from now on.

Edited by Dysphoria

My favourite game on steam used to be Team Fortress two, mainly because it was just such a fun game to play with friends.

But since Knights of The Old Republic came onto steam, it is my favourite, seeing as the KOTOR series is my favourite game series ever. Though I don't count the MMO version to be part of that series.

To be honest though, I like all of the games on my steam, and I love to play every single one of them. So in a way, I guess Steam is my favourite game ^^

Oh boy...well, I am one of those Steam users that operates from a mac, so I don't have much to work with. I would have to say Left 4 Dead 2 is my favorite, though. I just love that one for the more radiant gameplay and there are some very entertaining mods for that one. I love checking out people's custom campaigns.