Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

I was just curious how open other bronies are about their brony-ness. Do you walk around proudly displaying it or is it on a strictly need-to-know basis?

Personally I'm completely open about it. I'm wearing a Princess Luna shirt from WeLoveFine right now (it was a gift from my little sister. She's so sweet. Posted Image ). I don't randomly bring it up or try to shove the show down other people's throats or anything, but I'm not afraid to say I like it if it comes up or someone asks. How about you all?

• Brohoof 27

Im 50% open... I tell my friends MLP quotes (Even though they have no idea what I am talking about it.

I only watch MLP when I am on my couch, with my eyes open a crack (To act like I am sleeping)

Every time I see ponies in public I make the "so awesome" Rainbow dash face: :wub: and yell PONIEEEES!!!

I always put my hood up in walmart or target when I am looking at MLP toys. y'know, so no one will reconize me???

Me and my cousins watch it on and off (Not like me, watching every day) and my cousin always groans when a pony *escapes* Death (Talking about pinkie sense with the air bubble...)

Edited by Spike616
  • Brohoof 3

I don't hide it, really, and I'll tell anyone who asks, but I don't go announcing it to everypony, because there are a few people who would be very cruel about it if they knew just how into ponies I am :/

But I do have a few brony friends who I can be very open with, and I have a tumblr that I can be honest about it on.

• Brohoof 3

I own a pony shirt and wear it all the time, so there's that. I used to be very secretive, but once I realized that me telling people about it eventually led them to joining the herd, I've since been much more open. There's nothing like watching one of my friends or co-workers going from Troll to Brony in a matter of weeks XD

• Brohoof 1

I have no fear in letting people know I like a TV show. I wear pony shirts everywhere I go and carry a Pinkie Pie keychain. I don't try to hide anything from anypony, I haven't a care in the world for other people's trivial opinions.

• Brohoof 8

I'm pretty open about my love for the show...

but then again I'm a girl so it's easier for me.

I'm a girl, too, and I still get the "You watch a show for little kids? What are you, five?" treatment :/

• Brohoof 1

I usually don't tell anyone about anything I do, but I do draw ponies in public, especially at school, when I'm bored. If anyone asks, I'll immediately admit to liking the show, though. I don't force it on anyone, but I'll stick to my own opinion.

I don't have any friends who've actually seen the show, but my usually stoic and play-it-cool-type best friend actually think it's cute that I like them, so there's support in that. And I watch it with my mother and aunt, when they feel like it. XD

• Brohoof 1

In the beginning I was very secretive about it. I would watch it at night while wearing headphones, constantly making sure no one came in the room but as time went on I became more and more open about it. I started watching it whenever I felt like with the volume turned up.

The first person to find out was my cousin. He noticed some of my pony drawings and so I finally just told him about the brony phenomenon and how I'm one of them. I showed him the first two episodes (which he wasn't particularly interested in) and started watching pmv's and such when he was around.

Some time after that, I bought a blind bag Rarity on eBay. My grandmother wanted to see what it was when it came in so I showed her and just told her it was a figure from one of the shows I watch. I don't think she knows what it is because she didn't say anything else. Later on my aunt saw it and said she likes it so that gave me the confidence to buy more. Now I have all but Fluttershy.

Anyway, now I've got pony toys on my desk and I watch the show whenever I like so I'd say I'm pretty open about it.

• Brohoof 6

I'm open to people who actually know what Friendship is Magic is... But other than that not really, simply because they wouldn't understand, although since I'm getting a Luna shirt I guess I will be questioned

We should start a club.

We shall be known as the Honys.

Saw them called Pega-sis on youtube. Thought it was quite cute.

FOR CONTENT: Meh I guess I am not really open about it. Dont own any swag, and NO one I know watches the show.