Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

• 1 month later...

Not sure how I'm open about it but do wear Brony/pony t-shirt and had pony keyrings on my backpack & Manbag and stickers on my tablet & laptop. And had pony posters on my wall. Even had picture of me next to my oc pony of myself on picture profile on tumblr.

• Brohoof 1

I only tell close friends about it, but when I first became a brony (may 2017) For some reason I tried to tell all my minor friends from school about it, To be honest whenever I think about it I cringe lol

Edited by Jakeduhcreeper

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2011 at 1:26 PM, EmbodimentOfCringe said:

I always put my hood up in walmart or target when I am looking at MLP toys. y'know, so no one will reconize me???

I would hold out a flyer or my phone and pretend I'm just shopping for a little cousin XD

Only a small few of my friends know about me being a brony. I try to show how much I like the show, but unfortunately most people around me are not very open to the idea of anyone above the age of 5 years old watching the show. I love the show and wish I could discuss why I think it has so much more merit than just some girly show to sell toys.

• 8 months later...

My family know since a couple of years ago. Anyone who thoroughly searched my room could find several pony books, but no-one who comes in does. I wouldn't show anyone the pony stuff I do online, but that's cause a lot of it is not the kind of thing I'd want to show anyone in rl.

I am not really hiding it, but not really advertising it either. If you come to my room you will see plastic ponies, the wallpapers on my PCs (including portable ones) have ponies on them. If you ask me whether I watch the show, I will say yes.

However, if you just meet me on the street, you would not know that I like MLP, well, unless I happen to be wearing my T-shirt with the cutie marks of Twilight and Starlight (a fan of the show would recognize them, but to everyone else they would just look like random designs) or you see my keychain with Twilight on it. Both the T-shirt and the keychain are recent purchases, simply because I could not find a T-shirt with long sleeves or keychain style that I wanted.

I do not really see a reason to get in people's faces with the shows that I like. Though I am not completely opposed to a T-shirt with a picture of Twilight on it...

On 1/22/2019 at 8:18 AM, Egg-3 said:

I would hold out a flyer or my phone and pretend I'm just shopping for a little cousin XD

When I was buying blind bags in a local shop, I just bought them normally. Everyone who knows me personally could just ask and I would say that I am buying them for myself, but to the cashier and others who do not know me I may look like I am buying them for my (non-existent) kids. Or, more likely, nobody cares.

Someone recognized me as a Brony because of the Starlight Glimmer wallet I was carrying. I don't do anything to hide it, and if anyone had a problem with it, I would laugh in their faces about it. I went to Bronycon, also, which is where I got the wallet.

• 3 months later...

I don't have any brony friends, but they're all accepting of me; sometimes they'll even text me saying they've found a Twilight doll I don't have and tell me where it is ^_^

I've always been SUPER open about everything I like, even if it annoys people; it's more of a detriment than a positive, but my friends are as bad as me for singing their fandoms' praises!!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

Not very open at all :adorkable:

Open up your window, and shout at the top of your lungs, let the entire West London hear you: "I AM A PONY!"

It will make you very open ;)

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Splashee said:

Open up your window, and shout at the top of your lungs, let the entire West London hear you: "I AM A PONY!"

It will make you very open ;)

They'll also think I'm crazy 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

They'll also think I'm crazy 

But that's the point :mlp_icwudt:

I think being open about ponies and being crazy go hand in hand (that's why I am a Closet Brony) (and I am crazy anyways, doesn't make sense)

• Brohoof 1

Probably a little too much and it probably gets me into trouble. :worry:

In my school, it isn't cool to like anything other than anime or what's trending right now. To them, a brony is bottom of the barrel. But to be completely honest, I don't care. I wouldn't be here without this show. End of story. 

2 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Probably a little too much and it probably gets me into trouble. :worry:

In my school, it isn't cool to like anything other than anime or what's trending right now. To them, a brony is bottom of the barrel. But to be completely honest, I don't care. I wouldn't be here without this show. End of story. 

You are brave.

I would only flag that I am a Brony if it was needed in order to mess with people. Otherwise I try to stay away from conflicts.

My mother knows about it. She’s been with me when I’ve bought pony figures in stores sometimes and she’s seen me watching the show on Netflix before. I usually keep it more hush with friends and on my personal social media’s though. :kindness:

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't make "any" experiences in real life yet. My mother and friends are open-minded anyway and they are happy for me. And online people outside of our fandom don't care so far. I'm open with it and everyone would recognize it immediately. But that's about it. I don't annoy others with it, I don't even talk about it. It's the same as always.

I HONESTLY AM HALF AND HALF.. I TEND TO KEEP MY "BRONIENESS" TO MYSELF. BUT I ONLY LET THE PEOPLE I FULLY TRUST KNOW ABOUT MY SECRET FANDOM. TO THIS DAY THEY HAVE NOT BETRAYED ME AND HAVE ACCEPTED ME FOR WHO I AM. IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE PERSON YOU ARE JUST BY THE CONTENT YOU DECIDE TO WATCH AND BE FANS OF. MY TRUE FRIENDS UNDERSTAND THAT. WHICH IS WHY I CAN TRUST THEM WITH ANYTHING I SAY TO THEM!