Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Pony Mystery Theater: Exit Trixie, Stage Right. (OOC)

Key Gear

RP Thread

The RP is currently closed and frozen, no new posts please. We are moving to Part 2. Posted Image

post-1882-0-80281200-1350859103.png

(source)

The Setup

The Los Pegasus Express is the first of its kind. It isn't just another passenger train; it was built to carry passengers in comfort, luxury, and speed. It is currently scheduled to leave Canterlot within just a few hours. This will be its first journey and it will be carrying a handful of lucky passengers to Los Pegasus for The Applewood Magic Festival. If the train stays on schedule, then it will reach its destination with plenty of time to go before the event.

The Applewood Magic Festival was created by the residents of Los Pegasus as a solution to the stuffiness of the Grand Galloping Gala. Unlike Canterlot's special event, the festival was open for all to attend and it was centered on grand displays of incredible magic. This year, the opening act would be The Great and Powerful Trixie. While some had initially been skeptical, rumors of her preparations for a new and astonishing act had created a certain buzz throughout the community.

Now, today is the day. Trixie herself is among the passengers on the train. The train station is packed with onlookers hoping to catch a glimpse of the magician and gawking at the sleek lines of the Express. The train's crew is hurriedly bustling about making sure that everything is ready for the journey. The conductor is looking forward to a fairly uneventful journey.

Unfortunately, something already seems to be wrong. Trixie is acting strangely. Rather than waiting for the morning, she insisted that she be allowed to board the train before other passengers. At first, the conductor was certain that she was simply trying to not be disturbed before the performance. However, a strange flickering light from her room had disturbed several members of the train crew in the early morning hours, and her behavior had been rather paranoid.

The conductor pushed all of these thoughts from his mind. He had to focus on the task at hand - welcoming the rest of the passengers. Of course, he had no idea that a startling sequence of events was about to unfold, and their conclusion would shock and horrify all of Equestria. The unfortunate demise of one of the most infamous stage magicians in all of Equestria - Trixie.

So, who did it? Was it you? Was it me? Maybe it was one of the other guests? Or… Maybe… It was something else entirely? Don't you want to find out?

About This RP

Here I go again! Yes, this is my second attempt at this, but the first one doesn't count!

Invitations are now open for the first RP Game of the Pony Mystery Theater. In this RP, you will be playing as a pony that has purchased a ticket to the first journey of the Los Pegasus Express. Needless to say, this will be a train ride to die for. (Yes, that was a bad pun and I do feel bad.)

The train will begin in Canterlot then make one stop in Ponyville before carrying on towards Los Pegasus. Feel free to have your character board the train in Canterlot or in Ponyville (whichever is convenient). Just make sure you let me know which one so I remember to wait for your post before having the train scoot on its way to the next stop.

It's probably obvious from the name of the RP that Trixie is going to suffer an unusual accident on the train ride. The exact nature of this accident will depend on what happens during the RP. For all I know, it could be one of your characters that ends up bumping her off and borrowing… Actually, I'd better not say anything about that for now.

This mystery will be in the classical style of Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot. There will be no Wild West shootouts, excessive messiness (gore, disembowelment, etc), or anything else like that. Without giving too much away, the method of the murder will be somewhat unconventional. There'll be no pony cupcakes in this RP.

All members of the original mystery RP get priority admission into this one. Just keep in mind that this RP will be just a little bit darker than the old one was going to be. It will also move significantly quicker. If you are okay with that, then consider yourself automatically admitted!

@@Electrobolt,

@,

@,

@,

@@Aureity,

@@Clarity,

@@Magicon,

So, Let's Go!

As you can tell, this RP will be just a bit different from most of the other ones on the site. This is an advanced RP and more will be expected from the players. Don't worry though, if you are a decent RP player, then you should be fine. Feel free to apply! Just be aware that you may not be accepted if your character's backstory is too short or otherwise doesn't fit in well with the RP.

I am really dedicated towards moving this RP at a decent speed from the beginning of the party to the end of the investigation. I've actually always wanted to do something like this, so my primary goal is to keep this thing alive and interesting/fun for all players. So, without further ado, here are the ground rules:

Essential Rules of RP Playing (Thanks Arylett!)

[*]No godmodding, Mary-Sues, etc. See The General Guide to Roleplaying for the big no-nos in more detail.

[*]Proper spelling and grammar is expected at all times. I will not chew you out for minor typos, but if it is consistent, I will have to put my foot down.

[*]It is highly encouraged though that you write detailed and quality posts, and make them as long as you wish.

[*]This RP is expected to go at a more moderate pace than most. So no repetitive quick posting. In fact, to enforce this, you must wait until at least two people post before you before you post again.

[*]If, however, it has been at least 20 hours and only one person has posted before you, you may post again.

[*]Note that the above may be changed depending on roleplay activity. I will announce this.

[*]To keep activity up, there will be an activity check every two weeks. If you have not posted in two weeks, your character will meet a terrible fate be ejected from the RP and your spot will be re-opened for new roleplayers to join.

[*]I will be carefully overlooking and approving every character form that is posted. Just because you post it, does not mean you are automatically accepted. If you are accepted, I will quote your post and say Accepted. Until then, you are NOT accepted into the RP and cannot post until I say so. If you are not accepted, I will quote your post and explain what you need to change to become accepted.

[*]Alicorns are strictly prohibited. You may only play as an earth pony, a pegasus, a flower (legit), or a unicorn.

Player List

Active

[*]Key Gear/F/Earth Pony - Scootacool - (Passenger - Room 9)

[*]Daylight/M/Unicorn - Dave247 - (Detective - Room 12)

[*]Electrobolt/M/Earth Pony - Electrobolt - (Passenger - Room 10)

[*]Flow/F/Pegasus - Naru - (Passenger - Room 5)

[*]Lapis Lazuli/M/Earth Pony - Berry Pie - (Passenger - Room 1)

[*]Water Opal/M/Unicorn - Colgate Revolution - (Passenger - Room 11)

[*]Alex Night/M/Pegasus - Alex_Night - (Passenger - Room 14)

[*]Magicon/M/Unicorn - Magicon - (Passenger - Room 16, room is locked in the beginning)

[*]Berry Nut/M/Unicorn - Something Interesting - (Vim's Friend - Room unknown)

[*]Arcanel/M/Pegasus - Arcanel - (Mailpony - Room unknown)

Inactive (Dropped out or more than 2 Weeks since last post)

[*]Clarity/F/Unicorn - Clarity - (Passenger - Room 2)

[*]Lock Heart/M/Earth Pony - Legendary Emerald - (Passenger - Room 3)

[*]Timeshift/F/Unicorn - Magic Tricks - (Passenger - Room 13)

[*]Steel Forest/M/Pegasus - Steel Forest - (Passenger - Room 7)

[*]De Aequitate/M/Unicorn - Aureity - (Passenger - Room 6)

[*]Indices/F/Earth Pony - iDylan - (Passenger - Room 4)

Train Layout

Here is a handy layout map for the train, so that you will know where your room is. (Thanks Dave247!!)

Posted Image

Here are just a few details for reference:

[*]Room 8 is where Trixie is.

[*]Rooms 4 and 16 are locked.

[*]Room 15 belongs to the chef.

[*]The conductor and assistant conductor have rooms in the caboose (rooms 17 and 18).

[*]The engineer is, of course, working in the engine area.

[*]A dining car looks something like this on the inside, and contains a kitchen at the back of the car.

[*]A parlor car is rather like your living room and looks something like this or this. It is a great place to socialize with fellow passengers.

Edited by Key Gear
  • Brohoof 10

Hallo~

I'd like to enter Steel Forest as a passenger?

It seems like a fun roleplay! :lol: I'm looking for a bunch to be in so I'm never bored ._.

Boop. Please consider me! http://mlpforums.com...el-forest-r1669

Accepted!

I just read through your entire backstory and I am in awe of your creativity. Here's your ticket! The train will depart shortly. You'll be in room 7. Right across the hall from The Great and Powerful Trixie. :3

Hey, so I heard you recreated the RP, eh? :P Well, hopefully you didn't forget about little old me xD Anyways, you know my profile link is in my sig, but if you're on mobile, lemme know :P

• Brohoof 1

Accepted!

I just read through your entire backstory and I am in awe of your creativity. Here's your ticket! The train will depart shortly. You'll be in room 7. Right across the hall from The Great and Powerful Trixie. :3

Steel nodded as he was handed his ticket. "Danka." He sat next to his ba-

Oh wait. The roleplay hasn't started ._.

• Brohoof 1

I'm obligated to join this, aren't I? :P

Problem is, the OC I have is a bit too mild for this...so could you reserve a spot for me while I get started on making another? :3

• Brohoof 2

I want to be a part of this, but I'd need to create a new OC first. Can't overwork poor Serah... I'll see if I can come up with something before I got to sleep tonight.

Edit: Dude, I'm totally going to RP as Lockheart, from my 30 Minute Pony stories! I just need to write a profile now. Hold a spot for me, plz.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Brohoof 1

I've been looking forward to this. I didn't get a chance to partake in the last one as the story didn't reach the point where my character entered. This RP is a lot more simple though so I can start right off the bat with everypony else.

• Brohoof 1

Hey, so I heard you recreated the RP, eh? :P Well, hopefully you didn't forget about little old me xD Anyways, you know my profile link is in my sig, but if you're on mobile, lemme know :P

Accepted!

Here's your ticket! It looks like you get to have room 10! Right across the hall from my OC. (I did that on purpose because I never seem to be able to run into your character in the last couple of RP games that we were both in. Now I've rigged the system.)

I'm obligated to join this, aren't I? :P

Problem is, the OC I have is a bit too mild for this...so could you reserve a spot for me while I get started on making another? :3

Spot reserved!

I want to be a part of this, but I'd need to create a new OC first. Can't overwork poor Serah... I'll see if I can come up with something before I got to sleep tonight.

Spot reserved!

I want to join! Loved your last RP, I want to join this one as well, with Clarity as well. :) I love advanced roleplays like this.

Accepted!

Here's your ticket! Your character gets room 2, right at the front of the train! (A very safe place to be in this RP…)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I never tryed a OC roleplay before, can i join?

by the way, my OC's name is Firecracker and he's a Unicorn.

If you have never played an RP game before, then you probably don't want to start out with an advanced one right in the beginning. Because this will be an advanced RP, it will be in the advanced RP section - the character minimum there is 800.

I think that you should probably read the following guides and then go look for a normal RP game:

After you've read those guides, it seems that here is another mystery RP game that is currently in the planning phase. You may be able to join it (but please make sure that you include a link to your OC character in the thread).

I'd like to reserve a spot please Scoots, I'd would like to play in this RP because it has a great plot to it.

Reserved!

Edited by Scootacool
Speech to text fail......

Character sheet for Lock Heart! Knocked this out in half an hour, and had a lot of fun coming up with it.

http://mlpforums.com...ock-heart-r1706

Accepted!

Here's your ticket! You get room three! (

… So there is an unfortunately high possibility of your character running into a deranged Trixie. Don't be afraid..... :3 )
  • Brohoof 1

I notice I'm on that list in the spoiler. So I might as well take this opportunity to sign up. Hopefully I won't chicken out this time.... My OC is down there in my signature.

• Brohoof 1

Alrighty then, here's my OC for the RP: Flow I hope the backstory is a bit alright, I figured that I need to write more.

Accepted!

This RP is mostly going to be based on the events that happened after the RP begins, so your back story is perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, it is more than 900 characters so it is definitely fine!

Anyways, here's your ticket! You get room 5! Right across the hall from Trixie. (FUN times!)

I notice I'm on that list in the spoiler. So I might as well take this opportunity to sign up. Hopefully I won't chicken out this time.... My OC is down there in my signature.

Accepted!

Actually, this RP is perfect for your OC. His inquisitive nature and sensitivity to the emotions of others should play out quite nicely.

Here is your ticket! You get room 1! (A remarkably nice place to be…)

• Brohoof 2

We need ONE MORE MEMBER Dx

Someone random, please join, I'd (and most certainly others as well) would ever so certainly appreciate it.

• Brohoof 1

We need ONE MORE MEMBER Dx

Someone random, please join, I'd (and most certainly others as well) would ever so certainly appreciate it.

Well, they have until tomorrow, because I need to get some sleep at the moment. No worries though, I've already started writing the first post of the RP. I hope that no one here minds walls of text, because it will definitely be one. In this particular RP, I am in my element… Writing the weird, amusing, and mysterious. :3

It kind of helps that I rather enjoy writing for Trixie… Quite a bit actually…

• Brohoof 2

Well, they have until tomorrow, because I need to get some sleep at the moment. No worries though, I've already started writing the first post of the RP. I hope that no one here minds walls of text, because it will definitely be one. In this particular RP, I am in my element… Writing the weird, amusing, and mysterious. :3

It kind of helps that I rather enjoy writing for Trixie… Quite a bit actually…

Ah yes, glorious, coveted slumber. Something that seems to escape my grasp always, you luck pony you.

• Brohoof 1

http://mlpforums.com...ater-opal-r1409

Oh boy, I've been reserved! Thanks Scootacool, I was hoping I could be part of this as soon as it was reopened, I can't wait to (re)start! :wub:

Accepted!

Welcome back into the RP! Here's your ticket! You get room 11… Right across from the detective! I hope you don't mind if he searches your character's stuff every once in a while! :P

• Brohoof 2

Accepted!

Welcome back into the RP! Here's your ticket! You get room 11… Right across from the detective! I hope you don't mind if he searches your character's stuff every once in a while! :P

Oh joy, I get the least privacy, aye? Oh well, I guess all he'll find is a few clothing and some other stuff related to water...unless I'm the murderer :ph34r:
  • Brohoof 1

:o Holy Celestia, I didn't realize it would be this soon! Hang on, I'll fix up my character sheet a bit and I'll be more than happy to join! Don't leave without me! :(
  • Brohoof 2