Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Pony Mystery Theater: Exit Trixie, Stage Right. (OOC)

Key Gear

Here's an awesome drawing of Flow by CrystalRose

img-1110375-1-Flow_zps819e996a.jpg

As for the RP, I'm looking forward to moving along to the next situation with everybody in one room.

Edited by Narutardedscum
  • Brohoof 5

*Suddenly dances in.*

Behold! The bard has arrived, and he has important information regarding several interesting factors involving the roleplay. 

Number one being, music. What did you expect, I am a bard. Thusly as a bard I come baring music!

Okay maybe no music yet, but it's on its way eventually. 

Number two I think may intrigue each of you a little more. After talking with Key Gear I am officially joining the roleplay. I will be playing as my OC Marcato.

Surprise.

I spent most of the morning skimming reading the roleplay, and have a good general understanding of everything happening. Let me just say, you guys seriously need lives have to write a novel. No really, here I thought Feld0's walls of text were insane. 

I think I'll fit in just fine.

I hope you'll all welcome me after such a sudden appearance... after all I have sort of come flying in out of nowhere. 

• Brohoof 5

I hope you'll all welcome me after such a sudden appearance... after all I have sort of come flying in out of nowhere. 

Welcome Silver! It's good to have you onboard, and your Lawful nature is forgiven, given the circumstances.

Feel free to write your intro post right now. You can either board the train directly or have your character stumble into Dusky outside of the train station (he's heading back right now). Dusky loves music, actually... So, if your character is playing an instrument nearby, he's sure to happen by. You could then strike up a conversation and toss some "relevant facts" in... Dusky'll bite. You could even get on the train for free. Dusky's in a giving mood lately. :D

Welcome, again! :3

• Brohoof 2

The post has been made, and so it begins! Now if you will excuse me I have some gaming to do. I've spent the entire day so far writing and reading, I need a change of activity. x)

• Brohoof 4

So I'm not the only one in the RP that likes classical music?

OY! YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW I LIKE CLASSICAL A LOT!  :angry: (Both me and Arcy :lol: ).

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegardless, wilkommen to the this wonderful RP SIlver! :D I've already read your post, (speaking of posts, guys, super sorry for not posting yet. I've been... distracted by several things. Both serious and silly), and I have two things to say.

1. Marcato better make a damn good impression with Vim. The guy just saw a strange behavior of his trusty engineer, the whole train situation so far, AND had his assistant conductor almost die to to lack of oxygen... this is also Vim we're talking about. Marcato, good luck with that. :P

2. If the song he's talking about is Canon in D by Pachabel, then I seriously love him. :wub:

• Brohoof 4

1. Marcato better make a damn good impression with Vim. The guy just saw a strange behavior of his trusty engineer, the whole train situation so far, AND had his assistant conductor almost die to to lack of oxygen... this is also Vim we're talking about. Marcato, good luck with that.

Yeah, this is a good point, but there isn't just Vim to contend with. For Marcato, in order of greatest to least problem getting on the train, here they are.

Vim - To put it mildly, Vim doesn't give a buck about music, any kind of music, especially not classical. In fact, he finds most music to be annoying. Extremely annoying. He doesn't care about culture, he cares about work, and, as far as he is concerned, music is not work. He has the same thoughts towards artists and other creative types. He's rather dismissive, unfortunately.

Springer - Simply doesn't understand music. He's never been moved by a song. He's never really considered it to be of any real value to him. His thoughts are rather like those of a computer when trying to understand beauty. Does. Not. Compute. However, unlike Vim, Springer actually thinks that music and the arts are a valuable contribution to society.

Ambrosia - Loves music and she greatly loves the arts - all of them. Unfortunately  classical isn't really quite her style. She prefers ponystep, so, given your characters history, this might emerge as a point of contention. (I didn't think that this character trait would come out until the next RP, but it seems that it will emerge early.)

Dusky - Is a moderate fan of every single type of music except for classical, which he loves. For the record, he especially hates ponystep. Believe it or not, Dusky can be moved to something resembling tears by his favorite classical pieces, and he has many, many favorite classical pieces. Fortunately for you, even before you wrote that... Canon in D is one of Dusky's favorites. It carries a strange hopefulness in its notes that he finds attractive. Also, fortunately for you, Dusky loves the violin as an instrument. To him, the sound that it produces is a form of redemption for the soul. (You wanna get a real reaction out of him? Play Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D Major. Then again, maybe don't. Getting a reaction out of Dusky may carry unintended side effects.)

Given all of the above. Your pony's best bet is to play the violin like a boss, which is being done. Things should naturally progress from there. Don't worry, Dusky will deftly deal with the other ponies on the train crew, and Marcato will not only be on the train, but he will join Asteria in the enviable position of being able to talk to Dusky and get relatively straightforward replies. (Talk about music, classical music, and a dislike of ponystep, and Dusky will be your friend.)
  • Brohoof 4

OY! YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW I LIKE CLASSICAL A LOT! :angry: (Both me and Arcy :lol: ).

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegardless, wilkommen to the this wonderful RP SIlver! :D I've already read your post, (speaking of posts, guys, super sorry for not posting yet. I've been... distracted by several things. Both serious and silly), and I have two things to say.

1. Marcato better make a damn good impression with Vim. The guy just saw a strange behavior of his trusty engineer, the whole train situation so far, AND had his assistant conductor almost die to to lack of oxygen... this is also Vim we're talking about. Marcato, good luck with that. :P

2. If the song he's talking about is Canon in D by Pachabel, then I seriously love him. :wub:

Why yes, yes is was Pachabel's Canon. :3 I legitimately played that at a christmas concert by popular demand. Was fun.

Anyways, I'll naturally start out slow and/or unsure of things as I get more familiar. Just a heads up to those that actually know what they're doing... :P

• Brohoof 2

he will join Asteria in the enviable position of being able to talk to Dusky and get relatively straightforward replies.

Which should happen naturally if I get lucky. Oh, but what to ask? Ah well, I'm sure it will become apparent when it becomes necessary. 
  • Brohoof 2

Hey, Dave, if at all possible, then you should probably try to squeeze a post in. See, there's a slight problem. Tomorrow, you will be one day away from not having posted in two weeks. I know that you've been busy and there have been some mitigating factors involved, but there is a lot going on right now and the RP kinda needs your attention. 

In addition to this though, there is a slight problem. With the current structure, the RP is rather dependent on Daylight in order for things to move forward. However, Daylight is actually becoming less active within the RP as time goes along. You nailed in a rapid-fire sequence of three posts in the middle of December on page 9 in the RP (on Dec 14th, 16th, and 18th). Unfortunately, since then, you have only been able to post at an average rate of once every 10 days.

For another character, this would be a vaguely acceptable rate of posting. However, for a character that is supposed to be central to the story, this is not a good rate of posting at all, because it effectively forces everyone that is more active to drag things out while waiting for the central character to post. One of the prerequisites to being a central character is activity, but the activity actually needs to be consistent in order for things to work well.

I have every interest in getting this RP rolling and for us to reach the conclusion and move on to the next RP. Unfortunately, we can't move forward productively if Daylight is not able to become more consistently active. I understand that you have things to do, but... Well... We all do. However, by agreeing to be a central character, you accepted the responsibility to work with me to keep things moving along. I don't feel as though we've been able to do this, lately.

For the sake of the other players in this RP, would it be possible for us to get together at some point over Skype and hammer out exactly how we can work together to find a way for this story to keep rolling? I would really like to be into the next RP during summertime, but at the current rate... I doubt it.

We need to find a solution to this that does not involve stalling out. :)

• Brohoof 6

Wondering what would Flow look like as a human? Here's the picture by me (Sorry, I had to use a book to straighten out the paper):

post-820-0-62857800-1359876186_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

Well, it turns out that I'm actually still alive. Not only that, but I'm currently working on a post that should be finished within the next few hours, even if I'm interrupted. My apologies for the extreme delay between my responses. Unfortunately, I rather burned out, and I literally had nothing left to give for a few days. I would end each day by coming back from work and just falling straight to sleep. I think that this is what happens when you push yourself just a little bit too hard.

Anyway, I don't think that's going to happen again because I intend to pace myself much better this time. The lesson to be learned here is that pushing yourself to do three weeks of work in two weeks and then collapsing for a week is not really a great strategy. Though, to be fair, I had external forces and obligations that simply had to be dealt with no matter what, so my mini-flameout wasn't entirely due to any one thing.

Important Stuff

So, I currently need posts from a few individuals in order to progress cleanly.

@, @@Arcanel, @ - if y'all can go ahead and post, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm going to complete the post that I'm working on and send it in, but I would like to be able to include you all in the next round. :)

As a side note, Water Opal is no longer an active player within the RP. Please do not be concerned about maintaining consistency with his previous post. I'm going to be writing his character out in my next post (the one the comes after the post that I'm currently working on).

• Brohoof 5

if y'all can go ahead and post, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you can wait for me Key. Unless another bout of bad news happen and ruin my mood, I'll be working on a post today, soon. :D  

• Brohoof 1

I'd greatly appreciate it if you can wait for me Key. Unless another bout of bad news happen and ruin my mood, I'll be working on a post today, soon. :D

Arcy... I've got 10k characters, and I'm hard pressed for time right now. I really can't wait for you before this particular post goes out... You'll have to try to help me out here. For what it's worth, you should easily be able to write your way around this post. I made it in consideration of preserving your ability to respond. :)

Glad to see everypony's still alive! That's always a good thing. ^_^

@@Key Gear

Thanks to you I have found my new favorite word: Doppelgänger!

@,

I love Bach's double concerto. I've played it myself some years ago. It's not easy because of all the crazy fingerings, but enjoyable once you get them. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

@@Electrobolt,

@@Bari

@@Magicon

@@Arcanel,

Ponies, I believe that we have a potential impasse. Due to the nature of Springer's lengthy ramble, the order of responses is a bit hard to figure out. It's quite conceivable that everyone may get stuck waiting for everyone else. To prevent that from occurring, I would like to suggest that participants in the discussion at Springer's table follow a loose posting order to preserve the fluidity of the discussion (this is a pretty pivotal point):

• I think that Magicon should go first, if at all possible, because Springer closed by addressing him directly.
  • After that, either Lapis or Electrobolt (or both).
  • Arcanel can take in his observations and follow from that point.

I'm usually not prescriptive, but I think that something like this might be useful in keeping things rolling along at this point. :)

• Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say... The cat may seem random right now, but it really isn't. Those that are paranoid may see something of a pattern with this incident and another semi-random incident of a similar variety that occurred earlier. If it isn't apparent now, it will be quite apparent soon. However, that may be too late for the realization to be important. Anypony want to ask Springer about the possibility of searching the room? That might be a good idea. Just be careful not to damage anything. Just sayin'.

I will post for Ambrosia on another day. At the moment, I feel terrible, IRL. Not at all up to snuff. I kinda exhausted my energy on the portions that I wrote. :(

Well, anyways. Have something fun!  :D

9Qnlwc3.jpg

I love this piece because, really, every character's expression provides a glimpse into their personality and concerns. Flaret created a masterpiece, as usual. :3

So, from right to left (and briefly, because I'm tired).

• Dusky thinks a lot of himself, is fascinatingly "cool/cold", and has a certain refined elegance. He also holds Vim as the only pony worthy of his respect on the train crew. In return, he has the conductor's ear. (Interestingly, he's quite friendly to the conductor as well, in a Dusky sorta way, of course.)
  • Vim's aged well but is still weatherworn, trusts Dusky but has a bit of a critical perspective on everything. It can't be helped. He didn't become a conductor by being fun and happy-go-lucky. Vim doesn't particularly think overly much of Springer. (Not at the time of this portrait, anyway, maybe that'll change?) 
  • Springer is... Well, he's Springer. Seemingly serious, yet quite youthful in some strange ways. Looks a bit like an Electrobolt with wings (thus the noted family resemblance, the similar color schemes are a complete accident, by the way). By the way. Note the eye color. This is the pony that everyone is talking with right now. At least... In terms of appearance. More on Springer in a sec.
  • Ambrosia... Well, she's Ambrosia... And yes, her and Springer are great friends. They have more of a strange close sibling relationship than anything else, though. Springer's kinda eccentric, so he doesn't always notice the existence of other ponies, even his friends. Let's just say that efficiency is Springer's strength and his weakness. With that said, he's rather protective of Ambrosia, and she actually finds him fun to hang around when he isn't being his normal zoned-out self. Interestingly, I think that something of this dynamic is captured here.

Also... If you think that you can take it (cuteness isn't for everyone), then have this Key (probably everyone's already seen it, but still... why not? XD ):

cute.jpg

• Brohoof 5