Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Pony Mystery Theater: Exit Trixie, Stage Right. (OOC)

Key Gear

Hmm, seems interesting enough. I'd like to join. If there is a slot, of course.

http://mlpforums.com...timeshift-r1262

I'm going to be SO UPSET if I miss this one too, but it might have to be done.

Im in the room next to the detective. Or across.

If i'm murderer i'm officially scr**ed.

Edited by Magic Tricks
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm, upon having reread the first post, we can either start at Canterlot, or wait until the train arrives at Ponyville...? If so, then I have two choices...

• Have Electrobolt stay at a fancy Canterlot hotel as a part of the prize package for the tournament, along with a paid ticket for the train to the event and take the train from Canterlot, or...
  • Have Electrobolt return home with a trophy and prize money, and then buy a ticket himself to go to said event from the Ponyville station...
Hmm, two different options I can take... To be honest, I dunno which one I'd go with xD
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm, upon having reread the first post, we can either start at Canterlot, or wait until the train arrives at Ponyville...? If so, then I have two choices...

• Have Electrobolt stay at a fancy Canterlot hotel as a part of the prize package for the tournament, along with a paid ticket for the train to the event and take the train from Canterlot, or...

• Have Electrobolt return home with a trophy and prize money, and then buy a ticket himself to go to said event from the Ponyville station...
Hmm, two different options I can take... To be honest, I dunno which one I'd go with xD

I'll say this for everyone else's befit as well. Your character doesn't have to start in Canterlot if you want to them start from elsewhere. The idea is that the train will start in Canterlot, then travel to Ponyville and then Las Pegasus. I can give an example of what my character will do but it will be unique due to me playing as the detective. Without giving too much away, I will be starting in Manehatten which is where he is from, and then catching a train to Canterlot and changing there to get on the main train.
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm, seems interesting enough. I'd like to join. If there is a slot, of course.

http://mlpforums.com...timeshift-r1262

I'm going to be SO UPSET if I miss this one too, but it might have to be done.

Accepted!

I was only going to stop at 10 players, but I was willing to raise the roof for characters with really good descriptions. I was impressed by your character description, so you made the cut!

Welcome to the train! Here's your ticket! You get room 13… Not a lucky number, but I hope you don't mind ;)

Im in the room next to the detective. Or across.

If i'm murderer i'm officially scr**ed.

Actually, you are on an entirely different train car, but I'm working on the layout of the train right now… So things are still in a bit of flux. Don't worry though, I'm reasonably confident that you will have some distance from the detective. :D

Okay, here is my Character and his character sheet.

Alex Night/M/Pegasus

There, I just fixed up the character sheet to be more accurate for this current RP. Hope you like it! Please like it...

Accepted!

I like the changes that you made your backstory. I think that they fit quite nicely.

Well, I guess it's time for me to get ready to start. :D

I already have the first 2,000 characters of the first post finished... Not sure how many more to go, but I have plenty of time to get it done today.

Also, I will be posting up a map of the train layout before the RP starts (hopefully with the next few hours).

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

So the train is passing through those routes (Canterlot, Ponyville, Las Pegasus) AS the RP progresses, then? Does that mean some characters wouldn't be able to post until the train goes through that area?

I'm glad someone asked about this, because I don't think that I did a good job explaining it in the original post. :huh:

I planned the route based on the official giant map of Equestria. Here are the details on the exact nature of the journey:

• The train ride starts in Canterlot. If your character boards the train in Canterlot, then you start participating immediately.
  • Once the train leaves Canterlot, it will go to Ponyville and make one stop for folks to get out and take a look around. If your character boards in Ponyville, then this will be the time for your character to turn in their ticket and get on the train.
  • After leaving Ponyville, the train will head straight towards Los Pegasus. (Or, at least… That's the plan.)
Any thoughts, comments, suggestions? I haven't exactly written this in yet, so it's still quite flexible :) Edited by Scootacool

I'm glad someone asked about this, because I don't think that I did a good job explaining it in the original post. :huh:

I planned the route based on the official giant map of Equestria. Here are the details on the exact nature of the journey:

• The train ride starts in Canterlot. If your character boards the train in Canterlot, then you start participating immediately.
  • Once the train leaves Canterlot, it will go to Ponyville and make one stop for folks to get out and take a look around. If your character boards in Ponyville, then this will be the time for your character to turn in their ticket and get on the train.
  • After leaving Ponyville, the train will head straight towards Los Pegasus. (Or, at least… That's the plan.)
Any thoughts, comments, suggestions? I haven't exactly written this in yet, so it's still quite flexible :)

I think if everyone boarded on Canterlot (or any of the three stops), it would get everyone on the train faster. As it stands, people could still post before getting on the train (showing them waiting around for the train to get there), but with how slow RPs tend to move, it might take a really long time to get around to the different stops.

• Brohoof 1

I think if everyone boarded on Canterlot (or any of the three stops), it would get everyone on the train faster. As it stands, people could still post before getting on the train (showing them waiting around for the train to get there), but with how slow RPs tend to move, it might take a really long time to get around to the different stops.

Then there is a horrible possibility. What if Electrobolt's character doesn't actually board until Ponyville and it takes days to get there. Goodness… Once again, we would never be able to exchange a line of dialogue for weeks.

This calls for dramatic measures.

Posted Image

@@Dave247,

@,

@@Electrobolt,

@@Legendary Emerald,

@,

@@Clarity,

@@Aureity,

@,

@,

@,

@,

Hello everyone, small change to the rules. Please plan on your character boarding the train in Canterlot. That way, we won't have to wait and everyone will be able to participate from the very beginning.

Now that I have all of your attention, here is the layout of the train (nope, I am not very good at all with handwriting and drawing straight lines):

Posted Image

• Brohoof 6

-snipity snip-

Well then, I take it we're THAT much closer to the roleplay starting?

I'm excited! SO VERY EXCITED!

This will be fun :3

• Brohoof 2

Heh, looks like I'm gonna be going with plan number 1 then :P Especially since the whole thing got decided with LE's point and all xD Also, that's a nice little train mapping thing ya got there, at least we'll know where everything is :P And I'm sure you're a MUCH better artist than I would ever be xD

But hmm... What should I have the hotel be called...? :P I need ideas, as the Canterlot Hotel just doesn't ring... Maybe the Trottington Inn? I dunno... Got any ideas, Scoots?

• Brohoof 2

Okay, won't be much of a problem.

As for the hotel...hmm...

The Winning Inn, La' Hotel, Link Those Logs, Chip n' Dips? Meh, you can come up with it Scoots. We're that close to the roleplay starting! *is excited*

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well then, I take it we're THAT much closer to the roleplay starting?

I'm excited! SO VERY EXCITED!

This will be fun :3

You should thank @Legendary Emerald for solving my analysis paralysis with some helpful common sense.

Now the only thing that remains is to type up the first post and to wait for @Aureity. From what he's told me about his character, it will be worth the wait! (Shouldn't be too much longer either.)

Heh, looks like I'm gonna be going with plan number 1 then :P Especially since the whole thing got decided with LE's point and all xD Also, that's a nice little train mapping thing ya got there, at least we'll know where everything is :P And I'm sure you're a MUCH better artist than I would ever be xD

But hmm... What should I have the hotel be called...? :P I need ideas, as the Canterlot Hotel just doesn't ring... Maybe the Trottington Inn? I dunno... Got any ideas, Scoots?

I think that the Trottington Inn has a very nice ring to it… :D

The Winning Inn, La' Hotel, Link Those Logs, Chip n' Dips? Meh, you can come up with it Scoots. We're that close to the roleplay starting! *is excited*

Link Those Dogs?!? That sounds highly legit… O_o

I would be scared to stay in hotel with that name. :D

hmmm, I guess I could just have Alex just fly to the train station 30 minutes before it starts boarding... Is that fine?

That's basically what my character is going to be doing. Only she can't fly, so she will just run instead. :P

Also, I added the map and some more details on it to the first post in this topic. =]

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 2

Is Aurity a flower again? Or perhaps a pumpkin? Or...

A GERM.

No wait maybe she's a petunia or something.

• Brohoof 3

Is it too late to join? I hope not because this will definitely be fun and I know it will end so good. Count me in if there's room available!

You were in the original RP game, so you're welcome to be in this one as well! I'll just have to try to figure out exactly where I can fit your character… Oh... Wait... Yeah.... This could work...

Will you be entering this RP with the same character or should I link in a new one? :)

You were in the original RP game, so you're welcome to be in this one as well! I'll just have to try to figure out exactly where I can fit your character… Oh... Wait... Yeah.... This could work...

Will you be entering this RP with the same character or should I link in a new one? :)

Same one and I can modify him during the RP to make him less dark if necessary. I just want to play the RP, that's all.

• Brohoof 1

Alright. I was bored so I went and did a nicer version of the train layout. I've already shown it to Scoots and he approves of it.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 5

Alright. I was bored so I went and did a nicer version of the train layout. I've already shown it to Scoots and he approves of it.

Posted Image

Where is Trixie staying, which room exactly? It would be great to know and be ready for it. Is she in the kitchen, perhaps? :huh::P
  • Brohoof 1

Same one and I can modify him during the RP to make him less dark if necessary. I just want to play the RP, that's all.

Accepted!

And don't worry about your character being dark… We actually have quite a few of those in this particular RP, even Trixie herself. Magicon should be right at home. :P

Here's your ticket! You get room number 16. My apologies, but your room will be locked at the beginning of the RP, you'll probably need to check with the conductor. :3

(My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Had to go do some mechanical work on my truck. Unfortunately, my truck won't start, so looks like I'll be carpooling with my brothers again. (Nothing major though, just need either a new starter solenoid or some new battery terminal connectors.))

@@Dave247, That is perfect! I think I'm going to replace my hand-drawn image in the top post…

Where is Trixie staying, which room exactly? It would be great to know and be ready for it. Is she in the kitchen, perhaps? :huh::P

Mhm. Yes, Trixie is in the kitchen. Tonight, she will be baking cupcakes. They will be delicious! Wait… What happened to the chef!? Why do these cupcakes taste like pony… :wacko:

Seriously though, I just added some extra details to the top post. I'll paste them here for convenience:

• Room 8 is where Trixie is.
  • Rooms 4 and 16 are locked.
  • Room 15 belongs to the chef.
  • The conductor and assistant conductor have rooms in the caboose (rooms 17 and 18).
  • The engineer is, of course, working in the engine area.
  • A dining car looks something like this on the inside, and contains a kitchen at the back of the car.
  • A parlor car is rather like your living room and looks something like this or this. It is a great place to socialize with fellow passengers.

So eager for this to start. But now I have essays and other HW to do. If the RP starts before the end of the night though, I should be able to post before going to sleep.

Well, I think that we are probably going to end up starting tomorrow (fingers crossed). I just spent a comical amount of time getting greasy outside (no no no.... I was working on a truck). I really want this opening post to be quite epic, so I'm not going to rush it. Then, we still need to wait for @Aureity.

Get some sleep (and blast those essays and homework!)

• Brohoof 7

Accepted!

And don't worry about your character being dark… We actually have quite a few of those in this particular RP, even Trixie herself. Magicon should be right at home. :P

Here's your ticket! You get room number 16. My apologies, but your room will be locked at the beginning of the RP, you'll probably need to check with the conductor. :3

(My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Had to go do some mechanical work on my truck. Unfortunately, my truck won't start, so looks like I'll be carpooling with my brothers again. (Nothing major though, just need either a new starter solenoid or some new battery terminal connectors.))

@@Dave247, That is perfect! I think I'm going to replace my hand-drawn image in the top post…

Mhm. Yes, Trixie is in the kitchen. Tonight, she will be baking cupcakes. They will be delicious! Wait… What happened to the chef!? Why do these cupcakes taste like pony… :wacko:

Seriously though, I just added some extra details to the top post. I'll paste them here for convenience:

• Room 8 is where Trixie is.
  • Rooms 4 and 16 are locked.
  • Room 15 belongs to the chef.
  • The conductor and assistant conductor have rooms in the caboose (rooms 17 and 18).
  • The engineer is, of course, working in the engine area.
  • A dining car looks something like this on the inside, and contains a kitchen at the back of the car.
  • A parlor car is rather like your living room and looks something like this or this. It is a great place to socialize with fellow passengers.

Well, I think that we are probably going to end up starting tomorrow (fingers crossed). I just spent a comical amount of time getting greasy outside (no no no.... I was working on a truck). I really want this opening post to be quite epic, so I'm not going to rush it. Then, we still need to wait for @Aureity.

So tomorrow for sure? Lets hope this doesn't turn into that one spongebob episode.

Anyways, Can't wait, addicted to the roleplay.

OP he says I'm gunna win big.

Choose not a life outside of the computer

Online life is so much ever more rewarding.

This post, the reason that you follow.

Some how, that the roleplay can't start now.

EDIT: Celestia banish it! I have to much time on my hands xD

Edited by SteelForest
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I think that we are probably going to end up starting tomorrow (fingers crossed). I just spent a comical amount of time getting greasy outside (no no no.... I was working on a truck). I really want this opening post to be quite epic, so I'm not going to rush it. Then, we still need to wait for Aureity.

Pew pew! Essays and homework have been blasted! At least now when that train comes around, I won't be taking my homework on it with me. :P

• Brohoof 1