Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Pony Mystery Theater: Exit Trixie, Stage Right. (OOC)

Key Gear

Pew pew! Essays and homework have been blasted! At least now when that train comes around, I won't be taking my homework on it with me. :P

Just a quick update… I've been momentarily distracted by needing to fix my truck. :3

And, unfortunately, @Aureity has been momentarily distracted by schoolwork. Don't worry though, the RP is not on life support yet. It's just real life is temporarily interfering. Only temporarily though. Unless I am rudely surprised, I should have my problem resolved by tomorrow evening. Not sure about Aur, but he is superhuman and does not require sleep, so I'm sure that he'll finish up his homework soon and mop up the character description. :D

• Brohoof 5

Just a quick update… I've been momentarily distracted by needing to fix my truck. :3

I guess we know who to call if the train breaks down for any reason. :lol:

This is okay. No, s'fine. I got other things to do with my time. No really, got so much more goin' on in my life at the moment. I, I shouldn't be gettin' distracted by... all dis... uh... yup.

*Sits in an empty room with no one and nothing around, twiddling thumbs*

• Brohoof 5

*Que le epic elevator music*

o. o

o .o

o. o

Anyone else bored?

No? Okay.

Do do do do musical doodle. Doo dooo do do musical doodle!

• Brohoof 3

Once this RP begins, I'm planning to make Flow fly all the way to Canterlot to board the train without knowing that it would make a stop in Ponyville, But if the RP begins in the train, then I'll make Flow reflect on her mishaps on the way to Canterlot.

Either way would make a great start for me :) .

• Brohoof 2

Been dreamin', I've been waitin'

To post with those great ponies.

The mystery train, that daring ride

Murderin' Trixie, oh my sh*t.

Perform for crowds of... 13!

They'll shower us with brohoofs!

The dada da da da da,

Right here in the theateeeer!

• Brohoof 2

Been dreamin', I've been waitin'

To post with those great ponies.

The mystery train, that daring ride

Murderin' Trixie, oh my sh*t.

Perform for crowds of... 13!

They'll shower us with brohoofs!

The dada da da da da,

Right here in the theateeeer!

ALL WE'VE LONGED FOR ALL WE'VE DREAMED FOR OUR HAPPY EVER AFTER!

FINALLY WILL COME TRUE, RIGHT HERE AT THE F*****ING THEATER!! AT THE THEATER!!

Edited by Narutardedscum
  • Brohoof 2

Oh man, I'm just waiting with so much anticipation right now I could just jump out of my skin. The Great and Powerful Trixie and mysterious murder on a ritzy train. So much drama!

• Brohoof 6

Oh man, I'm just waiting with so much anticipation right now I could just jump out of my skin. The Great and Powerful Trixie and mysterious murder on a ritzy train. So much drama!

Well, I don't mean to stoke the fires of anticipation without actually having things rolling yet, but mysterious is really the key word here. While the mystery will be on a train, the events on the train will be occurring within a larger context. If it was simply that Trixie boarded the train, acted like an idiot, and was killed for it then that would be boring…

Without giving too much away, I am building this RP using some of the building blocks from the character description for Key Gear (my OC). I can promise you that the drama and mystery will run thick starting from the very first post. I am also quite certain that every character on the train will have their own reasons for wanting Trixie to take a dive.

I can also promise you that… The train ride will not be boring. ;)

• Brohoof 7

My excitement has grown as well. In a tribute to that and to start this RP on a good note, here is the classic mystery music of the famous Sherlock Holmes:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ZAeuF7JxM&list=PL9A3C155DED365C5D&index=131&feature=plpp_video

Hearing that music makes me really excited. I can not wait for us to start. Exploring mystery, maybe even deep characterizations. *sigh*
  • Brohoof 2

My excitement has grown as well. In a tribute to that and to start this RP on a good note, here is the classic mystery music of the famous Sherlock Holmes:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ZAeuF7JxM&list=PL9A3C155DED365C5D&index=131&feature=plpp_video

I've never heard that before but I really like it. I'm going to have to watch this series now as well as listen to the music while I'm typing future posts :P
  • Brohoof 2

I've never heard that before but I really like it. I'm going to have to watch this series now as well as listen to the music while I'm typing future posts :P

The Sherlock Holmes is the 1984 version with Jeremy Brett. and the full episodes are on youtube. Enjoy!

• Brohoof 2

The Sherlock Holmes is the 1984 version with Jeremy Brett. and the full episodes are on youtube. Enjoy!

Oh wow, I thought that I was the only one in the world that watched Jeremy Brett's 1980s Sherlock Holmes series. I really do love that show. To me, that's the best rendition of Sherlock Holmes that has ever been done for TV or theater. I compare all other portrayals of Sherlock Holmes to the Jeremy Brett version to determine whether or not they are good. :P

I am currently tying together all of my random writings into the first post of the RP. Even if I fall into my normal obsessive-compulsive editing routine, I should still be wrapped up within the next three or four hours…

Soon… Very soon… :D

• Brohoof 8

Yes, I finished my OC before Scoots finished his post! Hooray!

Posted Image

I do apologize, homework was being a complete (censored).

Wow, great character. Black-I mean, blue azure main, venom eyes, epic name, I must say, this is one great OC.
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, I finished my OC before Scoots finished his post! Hooray!

Posted Image

I do apologize, homework was being a complete (censored).

Oh my gosh… Even with my head start I still wasn't able to finish before you! I keep getting sidetracked by administration/moderation stuff (including a knockdown, drag out brawl in the General Chat Thread earlier today).</excuses> Don't worry though, it looks like I finally have some time to focus.

Also, I know that I'm not supposed to be online until I finished this, but… Unfortunately, I was required to report for duty yet again. :lol: Can't a chicken get any peace??? O_o

Anymore room to join? :wacko: Not much of a fan of roleplays, but this one certainly grabbed my interest and I'd love to play (http://mlpforums.com..._/indices-r1735).

If you aren't a well practiced RP player, then this RP may not be the best place to start. It will be in the Advanced RP section, so there will be an 800 character minimum for every post. In addition to this, the posts will be quite extensive compared to the average RP game. If you are okay with this though, then I can make room for your character (somehow).

The only thing is, your character's description is a bit short for this RP. Could you add a few paragraphs providing more detail about your character's history and current occupation? This is helpful in advanced RP games because it gives others material to work with when figuring out how to address your character within the context of the RP game.

• Brohoof 7

If you aren't a well practiced RP player, then this RP may not be the best place to start. It will be in the Advanced RP section, so there will be an 800 character minimum for every post. In addition to this, the posts will be quite extensive compared to the average RP game. If you are okay with this though, then I can make room for your character (somehow).

The only thing is, your character's description is a bit short for this RP. Could you add a few paragraphs providing more detail about your character's history and current occupation? This is helpful in advanced RP games because it gives others material to work with when figuring out how to address your character within the context of the RP game.

I think I'll still be able to participate. I beefed up my character; hopefully what I've added is satisfactory. ;P

• Brohoof 1

@@Dave247,

@,

@@Electrobolt,

@@Legendary Emerald,

@,

@@Clarity,

@@Aureity,

@,

@,

@,

@,

@,

ALL ABOARD! Well, sorta. The train hasn't quite started boarding yet and my character is still waiting around in the train station. But still… The RP has started!!!

Now, before I link in the RP thread… I should warn you, it's a bit long (it also starts off slow but picks up as you keep reading). Please keep in mind that I definitely do not expect posts in this RP to be quite so lengthy. The only reason that this is so long is because it is really several RP posts rolled into one. I had to provide the background for the mystery. Please do not be intimidated! This will be fun! :D

http://mlpforums.com/topic/35950-pony-mystery-theater-exit-trixie-stage-right/

As a side note, it works well if you imagine this sound playing between the different sections of the OP:

:P

I think I'll still be able to participate. I beefed up my character; hopefully what I've added is satisfactory. ;P

Accepted! Unfortunately, your ticket only arrived at the last moment, so you'd better speak to the conductor to find out which room you will be in. :3

@, dude... Your new username and avatar. What? Why? Oh my gosh... So much wat!? :lol:

(As a random side note, I really, really am going to enjoy this RP game.)

• Brohoof 5

@, you forgot to mention me. I hope that is merely an oversight. Am I not loved? :( Because if I'm not loved I shall call fire from the heavens to rain down upon thee! :P

Oh my gosh! D:

I can't believe I forgot to mention you! And, to think, I went down the list so very carefully… Yet, somehow, someway… You escaped my notice! Well, I'm going to fix this right now.

@@Magicon, THE RP HAS BEGUN! (Better late than never) :D

@, Dat cake! :3 I remember that from the last mystery RP. Once again, I feel so bad for Water Opal… He never does get to bake that cake. :lol:

By the way everyone, I'd like to give a big thanks to for helping me cleanup Trixie's dialogue and make it more authentic for the character. Legendary's tweaks really did add quite the sheen of polish to the first post.

• Brohoof 3

Hahah... Wow, that post looked rather cool, and I read it all this morning on my phone, even if I was a little tired... :P But hmm... I'm not exactly sure how I should post right now, so... I might hold off until I get a good idea what I'd wanna post... As for his likings of Trixie, hmm... I'll just have to think about how I'll go about it this go-around

• Brohoof 1

Finally finished my post. it's the most I've ever written before. I'm quite happy with it.

There were a few things that I could have explained a lot simpler and shorter but I went with the idea that I had been thinking about over the past few days and I think that this way it not only adds more depth to me but the whole story as well.

I should add that so anyone else doesn't get confused. The stacks aren't actuality Key Gear's parents though they did act like them because her parents were always away which is why Scoots wrote it like that. When I was writing my post I genuinely forgot so that is why the error exists. I've talked to Scoots and he said to leave it though as it will make the RP more interesting with something extra to write about and also give me a opportunity to further deepen my character as well.

Also going to add the the mispelling od Key (Kay) was genuine too... I really shouldn't post very late at night when I should be asleep. Although... it makes for some interesting replies though... :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

But hmm... I'm not exactly sure how I should post right now, so... I might hold off until I get a good idea what I'd wanna post...

I think that this is fair. There is a seventh “block” that was originally going to be included in the opening post. This block was going to be the big introduction of the train crew. I kind of ran out of steam before I got to that point though. However, I should be introducing the train crew today. Basically, I'm going to describe them, give a few names, and set up a really perfect opening for folks to engage. :3

Even though I didn't quite plan it this way, it actually makes good sense, because it's still quite early and not everyone is going to arrive at the same time. Besides that, the train crew has been super busy getting things set up for the ride, so they haven't really had time to look out for passengers. So, I think that your post will probably end up being right on time. :D

As for his likings of Trixie, hmm... I'll just have to think about how I'll go about it this go-around

Well, I think that you should feel free write your character in the way that you feel best represents your character. Don't feel pressured to make Electrobolt dislike Trixie quite yet. The Trixie that I am going to portray in this RP is… A fairly complex character. She isn't all grumpiness and malevolence. There will be some likable traits, I assure you…

Actually, without giving too much away… Well, not sure how I can actually say anything without giving anything away. Oh shoot, I'll say it anyway, but I'll be really vague about it. Her initial appearance will probably shock and amaze but not due to any particular performance so much as her unexpected demeanor. A demeanor which will change by the time she next appears… And then maybe change again… And then… Well I'd better stop while I'm ahead…

Edited by Scootacool
Speech-to-text fail...
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I think that you should feel free write your character in the way that you feel best represents your character. Don't feel pressured to make Electrobolt dislike Trixie quite yet. The Trixie that I am going to portray in this RP is… A fairly complex character. She isn't all grumpiness and malevolence. There will be some likable traits, I assure you…

To be honest, I kinda made Electrobolt seem like he was obsessed with Trixie the last time. Not Snips and Snails-level obsessed, mind you, but still... Also, who said I was just gonna make him flat-out dislike Trixie? :P More like toning him down a bit from the past one

• Brohoof 1