Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just curious.. Why do you/ Don't you post in the welcome forums?

Zygen

I did (or rather, tried to) for a time, but there are just so many that I couldn't keep up. If I only pick and choose certain ones, I feel bad that I didn't do them all.

Edited by Quartzy

• 2 years later...

I keep forgetting about the Welcoming Plaza. Every time I'm reminded I go post there for a bit, but it's never been something that I check regularly.

It should be, though. I remember way back when I first joined this forum, the replies I got in my introduction thread made me feel genuinely welcome. I think that thread is the reason I kept on posting here.

I used to post there fairly often, but I kind of started to lose track so I rarely post there anymore... :lie:

Basically, this:

On 12/14/2015 at 5:12 PM, Lady Kiriness said:

I did (or rather, tried to) for a time, but there are just so many that I couldn't keep up. If I only pick and choose certain ones, I feel bad that I didn't do them all.

I have the same logic. I don't like to make it seem like I'm playing favorites if I reply to one welcome thread but not another.

• Brohoof 2

When I barely came here I would welcome other new users.But after months of doing it everytime there was a new user I got more slower and eventually I couldn't keep up and decided to retire I guess lol.

• Brohoof 1

I do post there (though I can't get around to posting for everypony). I do it because it will make people feel more comfortable here, and that makes them want to stay. Just doing my part to help the herd grow!:)

I used to a lot more than I do now. There are so many to keep up with and not enough to say when I don't know someone very well. On rare occasions, if I happen to take a look in the Welcome Plaza, I may post if someone catches my eye for one reason or another.

I don't post in Welcome forums because I'm not that outgoing. I'm not the most sociable person in the world unless I sense there's something that justifies my coming out of my shell and saying something. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I keep replying there because I know how hard it was to enter this forum in 2019. And for each day, it will be even harder. You never know who you will introduce here, and I find it intriguing how people found this fandom, and to this day still wants to try be part of it.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Right from the start I have been a very active poster in there. I think it is very important to welcome people to the herd. Especially after the show ended. 

Also I remember when I joined and people welcomed me so lovely to this community. So I gladly give it back

4 minutes ago, Silly Druid said:

I don't because I'm too shy. Actually, when I joined the forum, I haven't even made such thread myself.

If you ever decide to make one for yourself after all these years I will give you the most warm and nicest welcome I can. And I'm sure others would too :3