Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

I got A'lar a few months ago, but this is much nicer.

Though I don't think mount design gets really good until Cata, Invincible is pretty awesome.

I'm still trying for Al'ar, but I'm not as fond of it as I am Invincible. I do think Al'ar is a really cool phoenix mount. Invincible for me is a really awesome mount and I think it's a really good looking one for Wrath.

Grinding exalted for Shieldwall so I can get the Grand Armored Gryphon, which looks really good, too. 

Now if only they would make updated horse mounts...

So they announced more for Legion, and the main cinematic trailer here:

So the new area is going to have open world questing, basically, you can go to any zone and it will scale to your level/stats, save for a few max level zones.

10 dungeons at start, 5 leveling and 5 max level dungeons, and they will have more meaning at max level.

They haven't announce much else, but here's a video explaining what's been announced so far in detail:

Also, if you pre-purchase Legion now, you'll get a free 100. And you'll be able to play Demon Hunters a week before launch, and the expansion is looking to release by september of next year.

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 3

the expansion is looking to release by september of next year.

These videos made me a little bit more enthusiastic about the launch. But seeing that the game will release in 1 year time makes me worried that WoD will actually reach 4 million subs at one point. I am quite litteraly done with all the WoD content and have been for a few months now. Well I have only done a few raid bosses in the latest tier, but the general game is super empty now.

Anyway Anduin new alliance leader exposed! Finnaly we will have a faction leader that is a cloth wearing spellcaster. XD

Oh and I have  gotten my murkidan pet. :3

Edited by A Cat

So, who all is excited for these revealed artifact weapons?!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/artifacts/

They renamed all the rogue specs.... Whaaa?

Anyway, the healing ones look amazing. As most of my characters are healers, this looks like its going great expansion for me.

I cannot wait to get my hands on (AND BEDASSLE/Go all rarity) them! :pinkie:

The hunter ones are minda meh, but I see that the marksman one is kinda cool.

Edited by A Cat

Anyway, the healing ones look amazing.

Definitely.  One of my healers is a resto druid and I'm really loving that staff.

The hunter ones are minda meh, but I see that the marksman one is kinda cool.

I really love the spear!  I like the bow as well, it's just the BM gun I don't like.  I won't respec my BM hunter just because of that, but I'm transmogging over it. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm sorry...but I've lost all faith and respect in Blizzard, after their latest "Twitter reveal". I can only hope they go back on this 6 months from now. For those of you wondering why I despise this certain "race", it's because the majority of players that've been extremely hostile towards me, have been Gnomes.

I've no desire to see them as Hunters in Legion, and chances are, I probably won't be able to afford the expansion, so it's no skin off my nose.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry...but I've lost all faith and respect in Blizzard,

Fine, they probably never needed it.

Sometimes I feel like the last vanguard, with a shield emblazoned with Blizzard's logo. They've made decisions I've disagreed with, but the amount of fury and despair I've seen directed at them is a concept completely foreign to me, especially considering they made my favorite game.

For those of you wondering why I despise this certain "race", it's because the majority of players that've been extremely hostile towards me, have been Gnomes.

And that's reason to say ALL who play them are the same? Or to hold the in-universe race as responsible for their actions? 

And that's reason to say ALL who play them are the same? Or to hold the in-universe race as responsible for their actions?

Not a fan of their laughs or other emotes. Not a fan of their squeaky voices, but what can you do? I got banned from the forums, because I said I wasn't a fan of this decision, and got into a bit of an arguement, about how they may as well allow all races to be any class, so...yeah. I was debating about taking my $15 a month to Square-Enix anyway, so this just kinda sealed the deal for me really. :|

Not a fan of their laughs or other emotes. Not a fan of their squeaky voices, but what can you do? I got banned from the forums, because I said I wasn't a fan of this decision, and got into a bit of an arguement, about how they may as well allow all races to be any class, so...yeah. I was debating about taking my $15 a month to Square-Enix anyway, so this just kinda sealed the deal for me really. :|

I have mixed feelings on the decision as I was telling a friend on PM. A ) It utterly clashes with their cultural sensibilities, on the other hand, the most frequent weapon we see them armed with are guns which their class selection previously did not support.

Just as a Pandaren and lover of ALL the races, I simply felt the need to stick up for yet another often beleaguered and belittled race.

I've no desire to see them as Hunters

Gnomes will become hunters? A gnome taming a pet sounds ridiculous as is. Them even playing warlocks was kind of pushing the limits for me. Blizzard probably did this to make gnomes more playable, a gnome hunter would look "interesting" and maybe this "Coolness" will make them a more attractive race. I say this as their racial abilities are kind of terrible and at rock bottom. Especially compared to the Human and Dwarf racials. They are just an objectively inferior race in gameplay both pvp and pve.

belittled race

I agree people make fun of them a bit more than they should, me included. But come on you could have worded that a bit differently. XD

I can only hope they go back on this 6 months from now.

Lets hope they forget it at home.... Just like the WoD endgame content.

I still cannot get over the fact I have done everything but heroic raiding. There is simply nothing else to do.

Edited by A Cat

If you talk about gnome hunters and warlocks being crazy then look at gnome warriors and death knights. If anything those ones are more ridiculous than hunters and locks.

• Brohoof 2

I agree people make fun of them a bit more than they should, me included. But come on you could have worded that a bit differently. XD

Laugh all you want, I mean what I say and I say what I mean. Gnomes are unfairly put down, as are the Blood Elves, Pandaren and really everyone not an Orc, Troll, Human, or Dwarf.

It's disgraceful and only feeds into the factionalism that's divided Azeroth. I expect it from some of the characters not the players who know all of the bad shit that's become of such behavior yet still blissfully exhibit it.

Lets hope they forget it at home.... Just like the WoD endgame content. I still cannot get over the fact I have done everything but heroic raiding. There is simply nothing else to do.

You know you could just play another game in the meantime. 

If you talk about gnome hunters and warlocks being crazy then look at gnome warriors and death knights. If anything those ones are more ridiculous than hunters and locks.

I agree, Warlocks actually are quite natural to Gnomes. Their defining trait is boundless curiosity with virtually no filter towards personal safety. So when a Gnome studying the arcane magiks happens upon demonology, they just see it as another field of science they can plunder for all it's worth.

Gnome hunters I'm having a little more trouble rationalizing but certainly they might approach the wilds more like a zoologist than a woodsman. Studying their behaviors, taking notes, coming to conclusions through scientific study rather than the more salt of the Earth approach of the other races. And hey you know what? The most common weapon we see gnomes armed with are guns and at last the gameplay can support someone role playing as a Gnomeragan grunt.

Warriors I always just kind of bought as being mechanically assisted, like those swords that functioned like auto-saws you sometimes see and using powered armor for maneuverability and on board tactical computations.

Death Knights though . . . yeah. I get that technically anything that died when Arthas was still in power could be a Death Knight but arisen gnomes just seem like they would be better served as intel not frontline fighters for the Scourge.

Edited by Steel Accord

as are the Blood Elves

Erm, there is a reason you can sell a low level golden breast holder for hundreds of gold.... Blood Elves are kind of that race. But they are not mocked unless they provoke it themselves.

t's disgraceful and only feeds into the factionalism that's divided Azeroth.

You know that players are only semi-cannon? We are reffered to as heroes of azeroth, so just like in a saga. Our deeper thoughts and ideas are not shown outside of actions. The fact that people find Gnomes silly is not important enough to leave any story worthy moments, unless Blizzard finnaly decides to give them some independant lore. which they have only brifly mentioned multiple times, but not done anything with.

You know you could just play another game in the meantime.

I have not played WoW in a LONG time now. And unless we get something really cool I will probably not resub untill legion. I mean I completed the 1-100 grind and the WoD content on two characters in less than two months.....while having schoolwork.... I really like this game, so I hope they really make Legion count, or WoW will probably never recover from this flop.

Edited by A Cat

Erm, there is a reason you can sell a low level golden breast holder for hundreds of gold.... Blood Elves are kind of that race. But they are not mocked unless they provoke it themselves.

I have no idea what you mean by "that race" and no I don't wish to know.

You know that players are only semi-cannon? We are reffered to as heroes of azeroth, so just like in a saga. Our deeper thoughts and ideas are not shown outside of actions. The fact that people find Gnomes silly is not important enough to leave any story worthy moments, unless Blizzard finnaly decides to give them some independant lore. which they have only brifly mentioned multiple times, but not done anything with.

First of all, I would contest they've not done anything with us as the players were pivotal to Deathwing's death and we are the lower deck crewmen of the Enterprise to use a metaphor from Star Trek. Our adventures and importance happen it's just the majority of it is "off screen."

I do know that though, my point isn't that the player's factionalism feeds into the story's factionalism; my point is how inane it is that many (not all) player temperaments reflect the lore's inter-racial and inter-factional hostility and as observers from the outside, we should know better.

I have not played WoW in a LONG time now. And unless we get something really cool I will probably not resub untill legion. I mean I completed the 1-100 grind and the WoD content on two characters in less than two months.....while having schoolwork.... I really like this game, so I hope they really make Legion count, or WoW will probably never recover from this flop.

Then just sign up when Legion comes out. If you're despairing that there's nothing to do in the game, just don't play it until the new content comes out.

By "never recover" you mean being "still making more money than some small countries" as opposed to "completely unstoppable" correct?

I have to say I'm a bit mixed on the new Gnome Hunter addition. I mean it's funny how a Gnome can now tame a Devilsaur or much taller beasts. On the other, I don't think it would make sense. I pre-ordered Legion last weekend.

I'm curious about the new artifacts will play out. I liked a few, though I do wonder if they'll be moggable in case if people don't like them?

• Brohoof 2

I'm curious about the new artifacts will play out. I liked a few, though I do wonder if they'll be moggable in case if people don't like them?

To answer that question in the bud, yes they will in addition to several skins that they already could come in. 

I myself have a BM hunter

I'm sorry, a what hunter?

and I plan on transmogging a bow over that gun. 

Isn't there a bow already as an artifact weapon? 

@@Steel Accord,

BM = Beastmaster.  AKA, the hunter spec getting the gun a lot of people don't like.  MM (marksmanship) hunters are the ones getting the bow. 

Okay first of all, what sense does that make? Surely the beastmaster would want to appear closer to the savegery and would prefer the more older style weapon while the Marksman Hunter is building their identity around being a sharpshooter.

That's exactly why I made a human hunter that's from Westfall, he's supposed to be a Wild West style gunman.

Second of all, I personally think that gun looks badass and love that background for it. Granted I'm an easy lay for mixing ancient arcana with firearms. (See also Dark Tower)

That's exactly why I made a human hunter that's from Westfall, he's supposed to be a Wild West style gunman.

Well, at least there's transmog.  That's what I'm going to do.

Also, looks like combat outlaw rogues are getting a move called "Pistol Shot".  The name is self-explanatory.

• Brohoof 1

Also, looks like combat outlaw rogues are getting a move called "Pistol Shot".  The name is self-explanatory.

Ah, it would seem my guy now has his criminal counterpart. The outlaw to his lawman. The black hat to his white hat. The scarf mask to his tin star.