Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Quest for the Forbidden Temple-Take 2- ADV - SEARCHING

Ice Storm

The Story: 2nd Verse same as the first.

Link to the RP: http://mlpforums.com...mple-take-2-rp/

The little village of Ponyville was resting peacefully on a somewhat cool autumn evening. There were some clouds that Rainbow Dash had left in the sky for aesthetic purposes but there was no precipitation in the forecast. The stars that were in the sky shown brightly were obscured. The breeze that flowed through the village was calm and soothing. However, it was a little bit "too" soothing.

Morning came and very few ponies had awoken from their state of slumber. Twilight, Rainbow and Rarity being among the few. This became increasingly odd as the day progressed and none of the other ponies had awaken, including any of the medical ponies that ran the Ponyville Hospital. The few ponies that were awake had gone back to the library and Twilight had started a letter to the princess.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Something very weird has occurred in Ponyville. I have no idea what has caused such a thing to occur but almost no pony here in Ponyville had awaken today, and I'm very concerned about what could have happened. We went into everypony's house and they are indeed still breathing, but nothing we can do is waking any of them up.

The only thing that I know of that could have been remotely odd from last night is that the winds were a bit forceful last night and they seem to be at it again tonight. I don't know if they have anything to do with the situation that had occurred with me last night. The only ponies that are still awake right now are spike, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, myself, and a few other ponies from here. I have no idea what is going on. Please help.

Your Faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle.

Spike sent the letter and within a matter of minutes Princess Celestia was in the Library. "What's exactly going on?"

"We don't know," Twilight panicked. "The only thing we know is that no pony is waking up on their own, and no matter how hard any of us try we can't get anyone up ourselves either. Heck Rainbow did a sonic rainboom in the streets and not even that woke anypony up."

Princess Celestia walked over to the door and took a sniff of the winds that were blowing outside. Here eyes went wide. There was definitely a magical aura within the winds that blew through the streets. She recognized it. It was a deadly wild magic that had been sealed away long ago in an ancient temple in The Everfree Forest. Someone must have gotten to the temple and released it.

"No one goes outside," Princess Celestia stated firmly. The winds that are blowing outside are called the Nightingale's Feathers. It's a very dangers magic that will lock ponies into a deep sleep and as long as they continue to blow, the ponies locked in it's trance will never wake up. Luna and I had sealed it away once in the forbidden temple in the Everfree Forest. Something had to have released it."

"Then we'll just have to go put back!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "I'm sorry princess but I'm not going to sit here while all my friends here in Ponyville suffer from not even being able to wake up. I may like a nap, but this is just scary. Not to mention having to be here actually watching your friends not be able to do nothing,"

"That's precisely why I need you, Twilight, and Rarity to be here Rainbow. Right now every pony here in Ponyville is defenseless so Having as many of the element bears together as possible watchin over them can provide them with and abundant amount of protection, as will I," Celestia explained as an aura of magic burst from her coating everypony in a faint aura of their own. "This will keep everyone here immune to the effects of the winds for two weeks. That being said, I am going to need a group to go into the forest to seal the temple. Ice Storm, Luna's spoke of your ice magic, You know how to weaponize it if needed yes?" She asked watching Ice nod. "Good, get a team together and go into the forest and seal the temple. We will make sure everypony here stays safe."

Okay, so the Plot. This is an adventure RP through the Everfree Forest with a slight twist. There is a sense of urgency and danger. There is an artifact that has to be recovered in order to seal the winds back inside the Forbidden Temple and allow the other ponies to wake up. Every pony that joins the RP will be immune to the sleep effects of the winds for two weeks before the princess's Immunity spell wears off.

Rules:

• Advanced RP. It will be taking place in the Advanced Subforum.
  • No cast Characters are allowed. This is to be Original Characters Only.
  • If you are going to be absent from the RP for an extended period of time. Tell us. We can move on and fill you in when you get back.
  • All Characters that are participating in the RPG must have a link to the character posted in this thread. That is to keep things organized.
  • No God-Modding or Powerplaying. Nothing irks a player more than that.
  • Have fun. This is a game after all.
Characters:(Click name to see character page.

This will be open for the first 6 users not counting myself.

Username: Character Played

Ice Storm: Ice Storm

Dave247: DayLight

Alex_Night: Alex Night

Electrobolt: Electrobolt

Iron Wing: Iron Wing

Edited by Ice Storm
  • Brohoof 1

This looks interesting. I'll enter my character DayLight into this. Even though he's currently in Manehatten currently I'll have him travel back to Ponyville in my first post once he hears of the outbreak. As he grew up there naturally he would be concerned what happened.

This looks interesting. I'll enter my character DayLight into this. Even though he's currently in Manehatten currently I'll have him travel back to Ponyville in my first post once he hears of the outbreak. As he grew up there naturally he would be concerned what happened.

Everything looks good from this end. I look forward in seeing his reaction when he arrives. Accepted.

Hmm... To tell you the truth, I'm kinda intrigued by the idea of this RP, but hmm... You know what? I think I'll take part in this :P On my phone, so I can't get the OC link, but it's also in my sig. If you want me to just post the link, I can take care of that once home

Hi, Ice. Sorry it took so long. I had to think hard on a backstory to make it relevent to this RP. You might be very familiar with this OC.. :)

Alex Night/M/Pegasus

Hope you like it!

Accepted: I look forward to seeing you play Alex in this. hopefully this RP will last longer than t5he others that you've had Alex in. (that's the oplan anyway.)

Hi there!

Looks very interesting! I want to join with Iron Wing if possible. I like the idea of the story.

Accepted: Interesting abilities for Iron Wing, seems like abilities that will definitely come in handy in this RP.

Heh, I had noticed you listed me on there as deciding upon which character I wanna use... Well, I only really have Electrobolt, so... :P Is that alright with you?

That's fine by me. I just wasn't sure if you had more than one character or not so that's why I was unsure. I'll put it in now.

Hi everone!

I have updated my characters bio with more information about background story and stuff like that. Hope you like it. Anyway, when does the rp start? Are you gonna post the link here @Ice Storm ?

(edited)

I'm currently at a state softball event, so I can't get the RP up today. I'm also somewhat waiting on a reserved slot to fill up with a member from a skype group. It will be started no later than tomorrow night though.

Edit: Iron Wing, if you wish to participate in the skype group for our RP, just shoot me a PM.

Edited by Ice Storm
  • Brohoof 1

Well, take your time. I´m not in a hurry, but thanks for the info.

Skype? Well, thanks for the offer but i don´t know you guys that long. Perhaps somewhat later maybe.

Well, take your time. I´m not in a hurry, but thanks for the info.

Skype? Well, thanks for the offer but i don´t know you guys that long. Perhaps somewhat later maybe.

No worries, just wanted to let you know that it existed and that you were welcome to join and weren't being left out of the loop

I'd like to join. Could I reserve a spot until a create a new OC for the RP? I'm gonna edit this post when he/she is done. Okay?

Okay, I'm done. His name is Planet Skipper.

http://mlpforums.com...t-skipper-r1736

Accepted: Everything looks good to me.

Okay, All registrations for this RP are now closed pending the registration of Questio who has shown interest in the RP Via Skype. If they don't have a character up within the week, I will re-open registrations for one more person. The Role-Play will be starting tomorrow night as soon as I get home.

Attention all participants of the role-play. This Role-play has officially started and the link is located in the first post of the Role-play and I will also post a link here.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/36037-quest-for-the-forbidden-temple-take-2-rp/

Let the game begin.

One final thing that I forgot to mention in the latest update of this post, is the fact that I am adding a rule to the RP. Because of the fact that this RP has filled, I am implementing a 2 post delay/24 hour rule. This means that once you're posted, so that everyone has a chance to respond, you can't post again until either 2 other users participating have posted since you, or at least one participant has posted after you and 24 hours has past from the most recent post.

I would update the main post with this rule as well, but since sign-ups are closed, I don't really see the point. I'll update when the need arises.

• Brohoof 5

I just noticed there is a second take at this! I'm still alive although my and Sanick's posts pretty much finished the previous RP.

Can I still join you guys on the quest?

Well, the roleplay is technically closed, but since you are one of the original members of the rp, I'm willing to make an exception this time. Just make sure to post you character here before posting per usual

Oh, any pony can post whenever as long as two other people have posted before them, or at least one person has posted and 24 hours have past since the last post of the RP.

Okay, so with the new features that have been implemented into the RP world, I must ask before implementing them myself into an RP that is already on-going. What would your guys's opinions be on implementing the custom names and pictures for the characters in this RP as Illustrated here. http://mlpforums.com/topic/36695-the-rising-tide-of-changes/

I´m wondering why nobody continues with the roleplay. Is something like holidays, a festival or something else going on i don´t know about? Last post was on 22 October 2012 - 08:45 PM . Hope i am not the only one waiting for somebody to post... ;_;

• Brohoof 1

I´m wondering why nobody continues with the roleplay. Is something like holidays, a festival or something else going on i don´t know about? Last post was on 22 October 2012 - 08:45 PM . Hope i am not the only one waiting for somebody to post... ;_;

I hear ya... Considering that was me who did the last post... I've been waiting for a loooong time, hoping for someone to post, or something... x.x

honestly the reason I haven't posted yet was because I was waiting for people who hadn't made a second post yet to post in the RP. At this point though, I have to agree that we've waited long enough. I'll post something later tonight when I get off of work and have more time to do so.

• Brohoof 1

And again we are waiting for some poeple to post something. I am not sure but it seems like some of the other participants offend against rule 3:

If you are going to be absent from the RP for an extended period of time. Tell us. We can move on and fill you in when you get back.

They are definitely absent, but didn´t tell us. What to do? Just wait?

• Brohoof 1

And again we are waiting for some poeple to post something. I am not sure but it seems like some of the other participants offend against rule 3:

They are definitely absent, but didn´t tell us. What to do? Just wait?

No. I was actually planning on posting last night but I had a few things that came up that prevented me from doing so. I will get a post up tonight.

• Brohoof 1