NavelColt

104 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This was the first REAL MLP Style episode for me, with the slice of life feeling to it. But it's another one i only find okay.

I thought the comedy was good in it, especially the benny hill and the moral of the story was also nice, about not hurting a friends feelings, eventhough i kinda saw that moral coming.

But why on earth dosen't Celestia send the 7 tickets in the first place? I mean yeah, it started the whole Trollestia headcanon (come on, it's a better one then Tyrantlestia) but why would she torture her student so much?

So yeah, it was okay. Not good, but not bad either.

Also, Twilight bedroom eyes.

full.png

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This i find hilarious because its happened to me before and the same thing happened! I had 5 friends and my mother gave me only two tickets. I was unsure who to go with.......and she actually pranked me and gave me the other 3 later on.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Ponies aren't bad? Ohai...

Wait, what were my favorite shows?

Teach, Twilight senpai!

Obligatory unnecessary reminiscing rambling for roleplay access, part 2/5

Catching up to the show wasn't so bad. It was HORRENDOUS. What was I to do with myself before new ponies came out? Re-watching the episodes already out could only sustain me for so long... Thank the Spaghetti Pony for the all-talented brony music scene. Never before have I spent hours on end browsing music song after song like that. Even now approximately half the music that comes out of my speakers is at least pony-inspired.

... And then I said, "Oatmeal, are you crazy?"

There, topical. Pinkie Pie to the rescue!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok I wasn't that big of a fan of this episode but I'm not saying I hate it, credits for Twilight for losing her temper though :D in all I would give this episode 7/10 I know this one seemed rush but I can't think on what to say both good and bad about it so I'll just rate it :/

Watching the episode was a lot of fun but I think it was Pinkie's ticket song that did it for me. I was laughing so hard for nearly half an hour after seeing that scene. The build up for it was just so well done. This is what made me love the show.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I thought Princess Celestia only gave two tickets, because she expected Twilight would only have made one friend. Unless she was planning for Twilight and Spike to go anyway. Still I find it very likely Princess Celestia really thought Twilight would make only a few friends or less.

Anyway, this is a really good episode. :P

No, I think Princess Celestia tricked Twilight into learning her first lrsson on friendship. If you recall, in episodes 1 and 2 Celestia is the one who allowed Twilight to stay in Ponyville to stay with her friends to further her studies. Twi even straight up says that she's just made so many friends. that would imply that Celestia knew there was more than one. Then after she gave the 6 tickets away she assumed that dear old Spike wouldnt wanto stay at home by himself. if you notice in later episodes as well, he has a very short attention span. He is a BABY dragon, after all...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was not a fan of this episode because the characters became like spoilt teenagers - One teenager had something and all the others claimed ownership of it and the teenager :( 

I suppose it was not too bad in general but I didn't enjoy it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've watched half of the episode, and I agree with Twilight in this: choosing what friends to go with is hard.

Yeah, it can be.

this episode was just average for me though. Although I liked it well enough, I just found the Mane 5's attempts to get her to take them with her tiresome in many regards. I get the premise for the show was all of that interaction and the comedy that ensued,  But I could feel Twilight's anxiety over it all and the displeasure it was causing her. I did like how it wrapped up though and linked up with other episodes in the season.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Having watched 12 episodes so far, this is one of my favorites :) it's - sadly - relatable how people change their behavior towards you just for their own sake.

Looking back, I would probably have picked Applejack or Rainbow Dash to go with Twilight :D

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched and oh God xD everypony is such an egoistic friend. So much interested for the ticket and its kinds hypocritical. Nice at the end of the episode they said sorry.

And the lesson learned and sent to Celestia is WTF???? 'If mah friends don't go I don't go either cause I can't enjoy without them' that's a pretty bad friendship lesson!

Also spike saying the gala is girly for girls and he doesn't wanna go wtf this show xD at the end we see that he likes to go but still pretends to not like it cause he's a boy and that gala is girly. What a message to kids.

If I remember correctly later seasons they fixed these two issues with a spike enjoying 'girly' things and a friendship lesson that tells that you need time to spend only with a friend of the gang without the other feeling bad. So at least they redeem the third episode of the show xD

I like more the newest episoded and seasons. Still I like this one. Loved rarity wanting to marry with Celestias nephew. (I guess it doesn't exist and it's just her imagination) also I laughed with the benny hill scene with that classic run/hide&seek and classic music xD so good

Best part is wen twilight walks into her house to find fluttershy cleaning, and wen asked if she was jus doin it for the ticket fluttershy says no!! Then looks at angel, then back at twilight n says "oh and yes we are jus doin this for the ticket!!" Baahaa funnies shit ever!!

hahaah ohmygod i laughed so much with this xD 

Edited by Tropico

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Is it just me or did you also find this episode to be a bit of a let down from the drama and action in the two part first episodes? :orly:

I was sitting here just now trying to get my best friend to be open to ponies and trying to get her hooked on it, and I just felt that after the setup episodes with, the climax and action, of them that the third episode was just too far of a drop. I give them credit for jumping right into the first friendship dilemma, the execution of the subject matter and the outcome, of TS choosing not to go when her friends couldn't, but I felt it may have been out of place. Does this make any sense? :lie:

To summarize, for someone trying to get a friend hooked on ponies I feel that the first two episodes are action packed, attention grabbing and not what people come to expect from a show about ponies. Then to get to the 3rd episode and have it settle into the lessons so quickly I felt like it wasn't a good attention keeper. :huh:

• Brohoof 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This one's relatively simple and silly, but it's got a lot of the energy and charm which made me love the show and which I've been missing from some of the recent seasons. As far as I know Twilight literally just met these ponies, so the conflict doesn't have as much weight as it should, and the moral is kinda simple, but that doesn't really matter with some of the nice little moments here.

Favourite moment: "Twilight! It's raining."

Mostly charm, not so much substance, but hey, it makes me smile. And I really miss the electric guitars in the soundtrack. 

Score:
Entertainment: 8/10
Themes: 6/10
Characters: 7/10
Story: 6/10
Overall: 70/100