NavelColt

107 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This episode was pretty funny, with Applejack acting a little drunk and all. Say what you want, I know sleep derivation of one night doesn't make you act like Applejack did when collecting her award.

This is the perfect opportunity to tell you what I've been thinking of Applejack as a character. Okay screw it, and watch this video:

This episode was pretty funny, with Applejack acting a little drunk and all. Say what you want, I know sleep derivation of one night doesn't make you act like Applejack did when collecting her award.

This is the perfect opportunity to tell you what I've been thinking of Applejack as a character. Okay screw it, and watch this video:

It's never stated how long Applejack goes without sleep. And it's not just the fact that she was sleep-deprived, either. She wasn't sleeping, and she was working far harder than was healthy. Combine those two things together, and you have a totally exhausted pony.

It's never stated how long Applejack goes without sleep. And it's not just the fact that she was sleep-deprived, either. She wasn't sleeping, and she was working far harder than was healthy. Combine those two things together, and you have a totally exhausted pony.

That is true, I admit, but you have to admit that the side effects were similar to someone who has had a few drinks too many. Disoriented, acting tipsy.

That is true, I admit, but you have to admit that the side effects were similar to someone who has had a few drinks too many. Disoriented, acting tipsy.

Yes, I think she was "drunk" on work. She had too much to handle, even though she's Applejack and she's awesome. This just proves the importance of help!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't really notice this episode much XP

I like her Season two voice better, anyway.

Even though I don't look at this ep much, AJ episodes are still the best episodes.

But there's a bit too much character development in this episode, because the writers don't know what else to do after that.

Ashleigh Ball has been AJ's voice the entire series....RD's, too...

Anyways, I love this episode. Applejack has been my favorite pretty much since I started watching MLP:FiM. And this episode highlights both her willingness to help her friends no matter what, and her adorable stubbornness.

• 1 month later...

For some reason I could not bring myself to enjoy this episode. It seems to go on for too long and I tired of watching AJ trying to kick trees. I guess they haven't invented pep pills in Equestria yet. happy.png

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty decent episode, the scene of the ceremony and the granting of the trophy was brilliant - the best moment was when Applejack and Pinkie Pie looked at trophy and doing this woooo sound (I don't know how to call it). However I think there was something wrong in behavior of other ponies. Everypony saw how Applejack was exhausted from overwork but only Twilight offered her help, even if others knew that she would refuse their offers, they should at least give her a break from these tasks. Therefore, I didn't like that much this episode.

the best moment was when Applejack and Pinkie Pie looked at trophy and doing this woooo sound (I don't know how to call it). 

I love that part too.  Applejack's behavior when she is fall down exhausted and sleep deprived is the same as Pinkie Pie's regular behavior.

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched Applebuck Season for the third time. It was such a great episode! I can't get enough of Applejack going WHOO!!! WHOO!!! WHOOO!!!! with Pinkie Pie. The show never gets old :D

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Twilight: "Can help help you?" casual after AJ crashes into her house. Like that Rainbow Dash crashing into your house happens so often that its not concerning and more annoying than anything.

Edited by Ocelot8

I'm so glad that Applejack got her own episode so early on! I like her southern accent too! She is one of the stronger female characters of the show, That's what I see anyway. Not that the other characters have their strong points, which they do, which helps the show indeed.  ;)

But this episode is one of my favorites, and I'm impressed that Applejack would try and do so much, basically just by her self. I really like Applejack's personality, and the people who work on the show, did a great job with this episode. 

post-19217-0-22274900-1377604425.jpg

This was easily the episode that helped pick up the series for me, as well as being one of my favorite episodes of Season 1 as well as my favorite portrayal of AJ. And looking back at it now, it was pretty fun to see her as a hot-headed cowgirl who's a little silly as opposed to her current down-to-earth, level-headed farmpony take. While the latter shows how much she's grown, I do want to see more of that hot-headed cowgirl that made love her from the start

• 1 month later...

I think this is the worst episode in season1 because nearly every tv show has episode like this with the same motive and it just gets boring but it is the start of big macintosh catchphrase (euyep)

no affence to apple jack shes awesome huh.png mellow.png img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

Edited by rainbowdash1212

I gotta say this episode really shown me how much Applejack is devoted to her work and trying to keep promises she makes.

That's way she isn't at the bottom for my favorite list of the Mane Six. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think this was a decent Applejack episode but I don't find it very rewatchable mainly due to Applejack's stubbornness. The moments where she refuses to accept Twilight's help initially put her pretty low on my favourite characters list. Another thing that kind of bothered me about this episode is that Twilight is the only one that notices something wrong with Applejack while the others seem completely oblivious.

Despite these negatives, this episode does have some of my personal favourite moments of the entire series. I always get a laugh out of Twilight being unable to finish her speech, Applejack and Pinkie going "Whoooo" with their reflections in the trophy and Rainbow Dash being launched to the library.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

This is personally one of my favorite episodes. Part of this is because when I first watched this, I could kinda relate to poor Applejack. I was working a pretty full schedule going to college and doing the graveyard shift at Walmart. Work started at 10 at night. I got two 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch before I got off at 7. I'd rush over to college as my first class would start in an hour and it was a 30 minute drive. 3-4 (depending on the day) hours later, I'd be done with my two classes and catch a an equal amount of time of sleep in the Student Center before waking up at 5 and going to the labs to work on homework. Labs closed at 9, leaving me another half hour to get to work and get ready. Then the whole thing repeats. While I I got two days off of work, Wednesday and Thursday, labs still required me to stay for a while at school and there wasn't anyway to go home when I had school and work back to back. The schedule would wear me ragged so I could really feel for the even more worn out pony. It helps that AJ is also one of my favorite ponies anyways, perhaps even because of that episode. Plus, the lesson was one that I could actually use, or the unspoken lesson that you need to pencil in some time to at least sleep or you're going to end up hating yourself. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.

• 1 month later...

This is one my favorite AppleJack episodes by far.

It was hilarious! Especially when AppleJack hit her head on a branch and went deaf temporarily.

I liked the episode as a whole except for the redundant scenes with Twilight visiting AppleJack.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
(edited)

This is a great episode! Big Mac talking in full sentences...Rainbow *wub wub*...Fun with trophy relections...Applejack face-plant..Rainblow Dash-launch...upside-down Applecart-jack......BAKED BADS (*BAAARF*)...misheard sentences about zoos & kelp..."How do you like THEM apples?".

I found this on YouTube....

Edited by Pinkiesister75
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...