1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great episode! There are a lot of funny moments in this episode, most of which are by Applejack. My favourite scene in this episode is the cooking scene where Pinkie Pie is trying to explain ingredients to a sleep-deprived Applejack, and AJ's mishears, and is like "sure, I'll go wtih that." Baked bads indeed. Another favourite scene in this episode is her and Winona instigating a bunny stampede, causing them to cause more damage than what Fluttershy told her.

Ah yes, Applebuck Season, definitely still one of my favorite episodes, and until "The Last Roundup" and "The Super-Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" episodes in Season 2, it was my favorite AJ episode! Honestly, I think my favorite part of the episode is when AJ is helping (well, trying to help :P ) Rainbow Dash with her latest trick. The whole scene's hilarious, but I think we all know the truly best part of the scene:

img-840968-1-applejack_faceplantsmall_di

APPLEJACK FACE-PLANT!!!!!!! ^_^ I tell ya, I could watch this all day; it never gets old! B)

IT'S AN EPIC APPLE-SPLAT!  :wat:  :wub:

.....AND I agree with Kelldrick 100%! That was one of the best scenes....The making, baking, eating & barfing of the BAKED BAAAAADDS! :blink:

Pinkie's slo-mo "CHOC-CO-LATE CHIPS!" & "BAKING SODA!".... :lol: :huh::muffins:

Edited by Pinkiesister75
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I found the Episode funny and it told a good lesson. But i dont understand why after this Episode everyone in the Internet made Big Macintosh only say the line Eyeup.I mean even the new episodes are joking about that he can only say Eyeup despite the fact that he talks totally normal in one of the first Episodes, isnt then the Joke already destroyed?

But i guess Bronys are the reason why this Joke exist  :lol:

I would vote up liked it.

• 3 weeks later...

As a brand new viewer to this show, I'd like to add that this is (so far) my favorite episode of MLP. It's got some incredibly funny moments, in particular when Applejack and Pinky Pie are 'ponydrunk' together looking at their reflections in the trophy.

Plus even if the plot is a cliche (but is it?) we can all relate to being on one side of the 'I don't want to accept help' equation. It's a basic lesson, but getting past it opens the door for so much other ponylove!

Thanks for the video Pinkiesister75!

Edited by SuperNoveltyPony

I really like this episode.  Favorite part:  Pinkie listing ingredients for AJ to mix together, and somehow she doesn't notice the misinterpretations.  Chips + soda + worms.  XDDD 

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this episode for the first time last night and it's my favourite one so far. Absolutely loved Applejack's face-plant! And I really like the message that it's okay to accept help from others. I would be quite like Applejack in that I don't like to admit when I'm struggling and would rather battle on by myself than admit (even partial) defeat.

This is actually my favorite Applejack episode (at least, among the ones in which she's not sharing the spotlight with someone else). As the first episode to focus on a single friend, I thought it introduced a lot of what the show would make its name on; Pinkie Pie, for one, is at her most delightful here, and the bits like Rainbow Dash's catapult were great little bits of innovation.

Plus, season 1 definitely seemed to have the best grasp of Applejack, exploring what flaws she does have while still letting her be sort of the rock within the group, the most dependable and the most sincere. Her post-season 1 episodes were a gradual decline, in my opinion, not just because they reused the same flaws but because they didn't seem to care much about growing or exploring the character while doing so.

It's weird to hear Big Mac talking normally when you're used to his "Eeyup" and "Nnope". :mellow:

I find this episode a bit boring. The only funny scene is Pinkie Pie and Applejack baking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a brand new viewer to this show, I'd like to add that this is (so far) my favorite episode of MLP. It's got some incredibly funny moments, in particular when Applejack and Pinky Pie are 'ponydrunk' together looking at their reflections in the trophy.

Plus even if the plot is a cliche (but is it?) we can all relate to being on one side of the 'I don't want to accept help' equation. It's a basic lesson, but getting past it opens the door for so much other ponylove!

Thanks for the video Pinkiesister75!

You're welcome.

Wow! My first comment in a long time! Sorry for the hiatus.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So many laughs to be had in this episode!  This is  one of those episodes that I do not have a problem watching over and over again.  If I had to say one thing that has hooked me on this show the most, I would have to say that it is the character development.  This episode in particular, did such a good job setting Applejack's personality in stone.  Nobody can walk away from that episode not knowing exactly who Applejack is.  

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the episode, how Applejack was so helpful to everyone, but refused to receive any help :). I was able to relate with that ^^'

• 1 month later...
I thought this was a pretty fun episode, and my favourite Applejack episode so far. :catface: It told us a lot about her character; how important she is to Ponyville, and her reluctance to let anypony down... and how that can be a big drawback at times. Her stubborness here was fairly relatable to me (there are times where I need to recall the moral of it all x3), and the outcomes of it were pretty funny as well, personally. ^.^

And this moment...

337337__safe_twilight+sparkle_pinkie+pie

:P

• Brohoof 1

Great episode.  I like how they immediately set up just how strong of a telekinetic Twilight is.  When she lifted the apples from all those trees at once, it was like this, dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_QcRPNfUuE#t=3m38s

Damn, she strong!  I felt bad for AJ, though, because, really, Twilight could have done the entire orchard in like 6 seconds.  She could put the Apple Family out of a job.  They didn't waste any time setting up that every problem on the show could be instantly solved if Twilight used telekinesis and/or teleportation.  Maybe she has a finite amout of MP that has to regenerate before she can use more magic.  That might explain a few things.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I ran a dairy farm for a few years... So I've worked myself into the ground on several occasions.  This episode was crazy relatable because of that.  It was fun and had a pretty great lesson.  Not the best of the season, but I don't mind going back to it now and again to silently laugh at myself and Applejack.

This episode introduced us to Applejack's personality in a really good way, and it was sweet to see her relationship with Big Mac (who was great in this ep). This episode has a simple moral, but it works really well and it incorporated Applejack's character into it at the same time. This is probably still the best Applejack episode to date. 8/10