NavelColt

107 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This one's funny too! It kinda slows down a bit when Twilight's lecturing Applejack, but it's also packed with jokes and energy. There's a few too many lame puns, and the animation ain't quite there yet, but this one's a lot of fun. I still really like how this show humorously exaggerates the characters' flaws while still throwing in a few lines which make it easy to understand the character's mindset. More importantly, there's a bunch of really creative slapstick scenes. Gotta love the catapult, for instance, not to mention Pinkie's general absurdity. Fun episode. 

Score:
Entertainment: 8/10
Characters: 8/10
Themes: 7/10
Story: 7/10

Overall: 75/100

• 1 month later...

Random thoughts...

#1: Cows having a Wisconsin accent is adorable.

-But this does make me start to wonder in the show about how many of these darn animals can talk... I mean we see a mule talk later...

-Hehe... Single Hoovefidly.

-The ponies in ponyville are just as freaked out by the bunny stampeed as the cows..

#2: Twilight being interrupted is golden.

#3: Drunk Applejack is great... I mean tired Applejack...

- As a person who has went without sleep for a VERY long time.. even having auditory helocinations. I can say I was never quite that bad...

#4: I'm starting to think that all ponies have the ability to levitate things.. and that it just only works on specific things for earth ponies/pegasus... Those apples are crazy accurate when kicked off trees.

#5: BigMac actually has a perfectly good two sided discussion in this. I kind of wonder when the makes actually got to the point where he was basically going to answer is yes and no.

#6: The face planting joke for Applejack trying to launch Dash is pretty funny.. but....

-- Applejack and Dash Ignore the law of Conservation of Energy.....

--- Dash should get no more energy from Applejack falling then applejack imparts to the surface she hits...

In other words. Dash should have been launched no higher then Applejack fell from (Adjusting for weight) I mean... Unless applejack is made out of freaken dark matter or something.....

OR... Rainbow Dash might be comprised of something much lighter then we think... This would support my theary that Pegasus don't weight all that much, and are maybe filled with some kind of lighter then air gas... Like some kind of horse meat Zepplin.....

#7: Horses... And all equine in fact. Lack the ability to throw up.

#8: Upright sleeping applejac is adorable with her little neighs when snoring.

Twilight: Your applebucking hasn't just caused you problems. It's over-propelled a pegasus, practically poisoned plenty of ponies, and terrorized bushels of brand-new bouncing baby bunnies.

What exactly IS In a zoo in Equestira? 

• 1 month later...

this episode was super funny! i felt bad though, because applejack obviously needed the help, but her pride wouldn't let her ask. i hope in future episode's she learns to rely on her friends more! :)

• 1 month later...
(edited)

This episode kind of bugged me in that Twilight seemed to be the only one to notice that Applejack needed help.

Also, the earthworms were baked alive. Given what we see later with other bugs, butterflies at least, that’s rather horrifying...and kind of hilarious in a morbid way. :lol:

I think it was mentioned above, but Twilight’s ability to pick so many apples at once was pretty amazing. It didn’t seem to take much effort from her either.

Edited by Meushell

• 1 month later...

Just watched this lastnight for the first time, definitely one of the more humorous episodes so far :D My favorite part was when Rainbow Dash was trying to get launched into the air and Applejack was just... not doing a very good job. Definitely got some laughs out of me.

Applejack is certainly stubborn, but thank goodness she finally let everyone help. It all worked out for the best.

On 5/1/2018 at 11:31 PM, Meushell said:

Also, the earthworms were baked alive. Given what we see later with other bugs, butterflies at least, that’s rather horrifying...and kind of hilarious in a morbid way. :lol:

Oh my god I thought the same thing! Those muffins were just... bleghhh. XD Nasty. :eww:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This episode was okay. It had a much better sense of humor than the previous episodes, but it relied too much on "wow look at how crazy Applejack's getting" jokes. It was funny at first, but by the time it got to Fluttershy's bunny census, it got old. Also, the episode really dragged whenever Twilight went to talk to Applejack. Their interactions were all the same with Twilight saying Applejack should get help and Applejack saying she didn't need it.

That said, there were some pretty funny jokes like the entire scene where Applejack gets her award and the catapult scene had some good slapstick.

Score: 5/10

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, HappyCloud said:

I liked this episode. Twilight can pick a lot of apples at once. :o

Well yeah. While the moral is that you should allow your friends to help you, it probably doesn't hurt that Twi is *insanely* overpowered, even by unicorn standards.  All the mane 6 are, of course, but Twi is overpowered even by that standard.

• 4 weeks later...

This episode was a good step into greater direction. You can tell they went with more of a slapstick direction in terms of humour, but I enjoyed what it offered. I wouldn't say that there was a ton of any development between the characters aside from Applejack, but it did enough to start building something from her character. There were parts where the episode dragged, but I still think most of the episode is enjoyable. Also, Big Mac having a lot of dialogue hasn't exactly aged the best, but it's kind of funny to look back on it now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This episode is really boring. The first act is fun, but the rest of the episode just drags on and on. It's clear that Applejack will keep denying help from Twilight and keep making things worse until the end. There are no subversions along the way and after the awards ceremony, the jokes get a lot worse. 

If it wasn't for the first act, this would be a bad episode, but because of it, it's just barely in weak territory.

Score: 4/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This episode is okay. It has Rainbow Dash and she makes her cute "so awesome" face and then glare later, plus her fondness for trying out some new tricks and spins. I enjoy her enthusiasm. As for the rest, it helps us get to know both Applejack and Twilight as characters a bit more. On some recent repeat runs while I'm listening as background noise more than watching, it just a tad odd that Applejack is so stubborn at refusing help after the preceding episode, Ticket Master, shows her thankful for Twilight's help and annoyance at Rainbow's refusal. But then, I guess we could chalk that up to the episodes not necessarily being chronological and/or that this particular point of time is a matter of pride on AJ keeping her promise to her brother about doing it all by herself.

On a personal level, I can relate to hesitating to ask for help but not so much refusing it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I won't lie, I'm surprised that Rainbow Dash didn't take part in trying to stop the stampede. She has such a bold personality that it usually borders on too much especially when it comes to her confidence in herself and what she can do. I would think that she would have at least tried something (most likely fool-heartedly). I also believe that she would not have succeeded at least on her own. I also don't understand why only Twilight speaks up about concerns that it seems are repeated by other ponies. If the other ponies have been friends longer than Twilight has been part of the group (and the show sure makes them seem like they've known each other a while) then why didn't one of her other friends also say something to her.

I do like how Applejack is consistent on refusing help. It really sets her personality. At least more than the first episodes have so far. I also love seeing how much damage the bunnies do versus the cows. Plus we get to hear Big Mac talk quite a bit before he's silent for most of the rest of the series, or at least a large portion of it lol. 

• 1 month later...

This, right along with Ticket Master, was an episode I rewatched multiple times in a day when I was younger just because I loved it so much. It's because of this episode I developed my love for Applejack. 

• 6 months later...

You can tell that this episode aimed for humour and I do think most of the jokes delivered. The episode itself was enjoyable, even though a couple of parts felt a bit unnecessary. It definitely gave Applejack more character compared to the last episodes, which I do appreciate. Like Ticket Master, the episode isn't too deep, but that doesn't stop it from being enjoyable.

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

You can tell that this episode aimed for humour and I do think most of the jokes delivered. The episode itself was enjoyable, even though a couple of parts felt a bit unnecessary. It definitely gave Applejack more character compared to the last episodes, which I do appreciate. Like Ticket Master, the episode isn't too deep, but that doesn't stop it from being enjoyable.

It shows nicely just what an awesome pony AJ is, and how in demand her skills are. Her subborness and refusal to accept help was stretched uncomfortably long, but I think that was the point.