NavelColt

104 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This one isn't my favorite.  I love Fluttershy, but I thought it was a really weird and sudden transition at the end from her being too scared to do anything and then suddenly owning her awesomeness.  I'm probably overthinking it but I would have liked it more if she slowly gained courage every time one of her friends supported her.  Also, I didn't love Rainbow Dash's irritation but could relate to it too well... I wanted Fluttershy to hurry up, too!

Best part, which has already been said, was Pinkie's dramatic entrance into the cave.  XD

• 4 weeks later...

This episode is perfect, it almost brought a tear to my eye when Fluttershy plucked up the courage to stick up for her friends. I see a lot of myself in Fluttershy as I'm also painfully shy and it would take a situation like that for me to pipe up as well!

This is also one of the only episodes that I, dare I say it, dislike Rainbow Dash! I think the way she treated Fluttershy in this episode was unnecessary and cruel, especially considering she is meant to be one of her best friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Obligatory Dovashy

img-841029-1-lmNjg.png

Just gotta say it here, I lost my drink when Fluttershy came out from behind that rock and start teaching some manner to that dragon img-841029-2-ZlCHy.png

Oh, and Fluttershy being afraid of her own shadow

img-841029-3-IEcVI.gif

E: the gif derped, my bad :<

Who here felt the flutterlove after this ep? thats right everybody!

• 1 month later...

Obligatory Dovashy

img-841029-1-lmNjg.png

Just gotta say it here, I lost my drink when Fluttershy came out from behind that rock and start teaching some manner to that dragon img-841029-2-ZlCHy.png

Oh, and Fluttershy being afraid of her own shadow

img-841029-3-IEcVI.gif

E: the gif derped, my bad :<

:D Fluttershy looks like she's trying to kill her shadow :P Edited by cybernote nyan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My podcast just examined this episode. No kidding it's great. It's so much like The Hobbit, but with a different spin. When I saw what was going on the first time I watched it, I was hooked. The writers knew what they were doing, they were referencing the classics and making a brilliant re-imagining of them in their own story. Rainbow Dash made sense to me, here. Sure she can be a bit of a jerk at times. But nopony's perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed the episode, to be honest. There are a lot of funny moments in this episode, such as the dragon crying, courtesy of Fluttershy.

Now, I admit I'm not the biggest fan of Fluttershy, especially after she put her friends in danger in this episode. She made the episode, whether you like her as a character or don't.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I liked this episode, Dragons are awsome :) I liked that they focused on Fluttershy (she was my favorite at the time). As for the story, It was kind of meh. They really made Rainbow look like a douche -.-'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is just my opinion obviously, but I absolutely hated this episode :( Fluttershy was too much of a wimp and was irritating, Rainbow Dash was a jerk through out the whole episode and everyone else just ignored Fluttershy, even though she clearly didn't want to get involved. Also, why is it Fluttershy isn't scared of any animal but a dragon, yet her other friends don't even care? Also she overcame her fear of dragons in this episode, yet in future ones, she is still scared... That makes no sense. The only character development she got was the "hop, skip and a jump" method (it's not like she could fly in the other episode or anything...) The moral of this story here was to ignore your friend, but luckily have her kind enough to face her fear and save everyone, just to laugh and nook her at the end; a great lesson to teach kids :D

But the worst part of all, was the fact that this episode made me really dislike Fluttershy, Rainbow, Pinkie and Twilight, as well as turn me off the whole show :0 This episode could have prevented me becoming a brony :( So that's a legitimate reason to hate this episode. Again, this was just my opinion, and I'm glad others enjoyed it :D I just can't bare watching it again xD

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't care for it.  The negative traits of Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight were exaggerated.  Fluttershy was way more shy than usual (this I could tolerate), Twilight was so concerned about planning that she ignored the obvious issue, and Rainbow Dash (while being my least favorite of the mane six due to our clashing personalities) was made into a complete jerk when we've seen her put herself out to defend Fluttershy's shyness before.  I enjoyed Applejack's sweetness though.  Also, we won't even get into how ridiculously stupid Rainbow Dash was for kicking that flipping dragon in the face (though I will acknowledge it).

• Brohoof 2

I loved this episode! Fluttershy is soooo cute :D and she's showing her true extreme adorableness in this episode! I love how she made the dragon sad, but then comforted him. She's just so good with calming and helping out anyone and anything. This episode definitely made me think Fluttershy might just be best pony... But I can never decide!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I LOVED this episode, I knew from the start that Fluttershy would save the day, but that didn't make her any less awesome when she stepped up and put the dragon in his place.  RD doing keep up with the ball was hilarious, and i HATE it when someone else starts counting or shouting numbers while I count something.

• 3 weeks later...

This is our first of many "Fluttershy overcomes her fears" Episodes. But since this is the first, i can't really criticize it for it. It's also the first time we go outside of Ponyville, besides the series premiere.

First thing out of the way, Rainbow Dash is bad in this episode. I think i recently said it in my blog about "Scare Master" where i thought that she should be more understandable towards her friend. It also gets worse when you hear that they know eachother the longest, since they where in Cloudsdale.

Applejack was on the other hand great, always giving Flutters a helping hand. I always thought AJ should've been the Element of trust. ;)

Many say that Fluttershy saving her friends from the dragon out of nowhere dosen't make sense. But some people get such an adrenalin rush, from seeing someone in danger, that they develop unatural powers and even confidence. It's like the story of a mother saving her child from under the car, by pulling it over.

Also, very nice reference to the A-Team in the beginning. That Rainbow Dash picture with her facepaint, was my very first avatar in my first ponyforum. :P

Overall, very good episode.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is just my opinion obviously, but I absolutely hated this episode :( Fluttershy was too much of a wimp and was irritating, Rainbow Dash was a jerk through out the whole episode and everyone else just ignored Fluttershy, even though she clearly didn't want to get involved. Also, why is it Fluttershy isn't scared of any animal but a dragon, yet her other friends don't even care? Also she overcame her fear of dragons in this episode, yet in future ones, she is still scared... That makes no sense. The only character development she got was the "hop, skip and a jump" method (it's not like she could fly in the other episode or anything...) The moral of this story here was to ignore your friend, but luckily have her kind enough to face her fear and save everyone, just to laugh and nook her at the end; a great lesson to teach kids :D

But the worst part of all, was the fact that this episode made me really dislike Fluttershy, Rainbow, Pinkie and Twilight, as well as turn me off the whole show :0 This episode could have prevented me becoming a brony :( So that's a legitimate reason to hate this episode. Again, this was just my opinion, and I'm glad others enjoyed it :D I just can't bare watching it again xD

If you remember, fluttershy only had to deal with 1 dragon not 100,000 dragons (I'm only guessing this number btw xD) think about it this way, if you were afraid of heights and you were crapping your pants at the top of a ladder, but you have overcome that fear, you would still be terrified if you then went skydiving wouldn't you? XDDDD

Anyways, I liked how Fluttershy showed that dragon who's boss, therefore 9/10 is what I rate it :D

• 2 months later...

Fluttershy did not deserve her element in this episode. :diamondtiara:  :derp:

Like i mean when she was being persuaded  to go she refused although she took  :dash:  rainbow dash to the butterfly thingie. And then, she trampled rainbow just because she was a scardey pony. :umad:  :angry:

• 1 month later...

Two words:

LOVED IT!

Fluttershy was so brave!

It almost made me cry when she stood up to the dragon and said:

"NO ONE! NO ONE BULLIES MY FRIENDS! NO ONE! UNDERSTAND?"

Heehee :D