• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/112-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Dragonshy
Air Date: November 26, 2010
Synopsis: Fluttershy must convince a sleeping dragon to move out of town before the plume of black smoke it's producing covers all of Equestria!

A rather good episode, I thought. The element of adventure, a fire breathing dragon, and plenty of cuteness from all the characters. I'd be lying if I didn't say Dashie cutely bouncing her ball on her head wasn't a highlight of this episode, for me <3 Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

Obligatory Dovashy

Posted Image

Just gotta say it here, I lost my drink when Fluttershy came out from behind that rock and start teaching some manner to that dragon Posted Image

Oh, and Fluttershy being afraid of her own shadow

Posted Image

E: the gif derped, my bad :<

Edited by Star Weaver
  • Brohoof 4

Oh yes, this episode is still definitely in my top 10 favorite episodes list, and might be my favorite Fluttershy episode (although it's a close contest between this one and "Hurricane Fluttershy"). Fluttershy completely owning that dragon is possibly the best Fluttershy moment I've ever seen!!!! But I'll say this right off the bat, until Fluttershy schooled that dragon, I was getting really ticked off at her!!!! I'm serious, she was cowardly to a fault up until that point, at least I thought so. I did appreciate how her fear did give her friends the chance to show themselves being so supportive of her ( http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png well, most of them... I'm looking at you RD, but it's OK, because you've since become more patient as a friend, as "Hurricane Fluttershy" showed us); Applejack going out of her way to go completely around the mountain with Fluttershy was particularly touching, and has really stuck with me especially as one of AJ's best moments as a friend.

Overall though, whatever fear she displayed for most of the episode, Fluttershy completely made up for it and then some with her amazing lecture to that dragon at the end! That, along with the fact that this is a very funny and epic episode, make this one of my top 10 episodes of the show so far! :D

I think this is the episode where I started reconsidering having RD as my favorite pony. The thing is, it seemed like RD was too much of a jerk in this episode. :/

Though, it was a great episode regardless. Even if I don't like fluttershy that much. Pinkie was most likely the highlight of this episode. :wub:

I love it. Easter Morning, my lil sis was watching it. I was like "Really? Lindsay, why are you watching this horrible show" And she just did what little sisters do: Wine like a bitch. THen she watched more and more, and Pinkie and RD started appealing to me, and then I found out about the Fandom, then S 2 came out on netflix.

Oh wow. This is my favorite episode of the whole show. It's why Fluttershy is my favorite mane 6 pony. I could watch that scene where she calls out the dragon over and over and over again, and it would still be as amazing as it was the first time. Oh and this.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rainbow Dash was bouncing a very similar looking ball to the emergency balls Pinky has placed around the town, for "ball emergencies" and near the same place that she stashed one..... :lol:  just a random observement. I would also like to note that this episode and most of the other fluttershy episodes are always my favs :P

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to sound cynical, but something that i feel this episode teaches people is that pressuring your friends into doing something they're scared to do is ok. Again, no cynicism intended. I know it was intended for Fluttershy to be soft-spoken but i just think it seems sort of harsh for everyone to ignore Fluttershy nearly all the time.

Edited by WhoFreak97
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this episode. Out of the 11 I've reviewed thus far (though I only have 4 of those reviewed up on my sig's blog site), this is the only one that has managed to get a 9/10, and I was so close to giving it a 9.5/10. Unfortunately, Rainbow Dash's treatment of Fluttershy throughout the whole episode knocked it down a bit, as it was really jarring, even for Rainbow Dash, to show that much contempt towards her supposed friends, especially after the events of "Griffon the Brush-Off".

I love that montage near the beginning where the mane six are at their homes getting ready. If Dash's color-coded "sky mark" she leaves behind her flight trail wasn't enough to convince you that this show is heavily influenced by the Powerpuff Girls (not to mention how some of the same people are involved in it), that scene should leave no more doubt.

This episode is a decent example of one thing I find to be kind of annoying in FiM--and it's something that seemed to mostly be a problem in the first season--the characters being cast for the job awkwardly. Like, out of all the ponies in Equestria to deal with this dragon, why are only these six the ones for the job? But this isn't the best case, just wait a few episodes and we'll get to one.

It's still always so great to watch how this show can very realistically take a break from its pressing plot matters and have a scene or two with just the characters talking about irrelevant stuff. Animated characters don't get any more natural and realistic-feeling. It actually really reminds me of South Park.

Thispisode (one word) also seems to have set out the goal of demonstrating how five of the characters react to the shortcomings of the sixth.

>Dash is completely impatient and unapproving

>AJ is trying to be supportive and compromising; working around Fluttershy's feeble psyche, or warmly encouraging her

>Twilight is roughly inbetween Rainbow and AJ

>Rarity seems to be mostly--and Pinkie seems to be completely--impartial to it. They see what Flutters is doing, but don't seem to mind very much, they're more preoccupied with generally having a good time with their friends on the hike

One last thing; I always felt that Fluttershy's speech at the end was the slightest bit awkward. I dunno exactly why, but something about it always makes me cringe just a liiiiittle bit. Maybe it's too abrupt, undramatic, disjointed and realistic? Well I guess that was the point, so you got me there.

I love this episode. Out of the 11 I've reviewed thus far (though I only have 4 of those reviewed up on my sig's blog site), this is the only one that has managed to get a 9/10, and I was so close to giving it a 9.5/10. Unfortunately, Rainbow Dash's treatment of Fluttershy throughout the whole episode knocked it down a bit, as it was really jarring, even for Rainbow Dash, to show that much contempt towards her supposed friends, especially after the events of "Griffon the Brush-Off".

I think Dash was pretty tolerant for the most part. She seemed to be the most focused on the mission, uttering the smallest amount of 'casual talk' in the episode; here they were trying to save Equestria, and Fluttershy was being an incredibly tough burden.

But, after getting annoyed and face-palming, and trying her best to help Flutters up the cliff, she quickly resigns to herself and waits. She's not being as patient as AJ and Twilight, but she's not getting mad or really protesting.

And toward the end, she asks,

"Are you still sure it was a good idea to bring Fluttershy along with us?"

Which is a great, legitimate question, because it's obvious Fluttershy doesn't want to be there, so wouldn't it have been best to leave her behind if she was going to stiffen up the whole way up?

But still, she went along with the program and continued to try to work with Flutters for the rest of that scene.

So again I really don't think Dash's attitude in this episode was anywhere near 'contempt', it was just the exact same skepticism and frustration that Twilight and Applejack had, and she was simply being more upfront about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol! I have to say this was the best episode of season 1!! I got yelled at for being so loud!! I was dieing when Pinkie Pie went in with her outfit, When Fluttershy went off of the dragon was priceless and this : "but the rainbow one kicked me"  .... Has to be the best season 1 episode (:

I enjoyed this episode very much I must say. I mean first of all it has my favorite pony as the focus, and she's so adorably shy in this episode. And then she just goes off on that dragon and shows you don't mess with shy people :P. not to mention I just love the majority of little stuff in this episode.

• 2 months later...

A random ass theory about Fluttershy's dragon phobia and missing parents and other relatives:

Maybe, when she was a filly her town was destroyed by a dragon? And her parents died or Fluttershy got separated from them?

Maybe she is too scared to talk about it. I don't know, just a simple theory from a simple-minded person.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Episodes like these make me wonder if Fluttershy ever considers changing her name to something else  :lol:. I feel like her character is a bit forced by the writers by confronting the dragon. I'm sure if I saw a dragon hurt my friends, I'd probably run away instead o.O.. then again, Fluttershy has her limits.

• 1 month later...

I can't really think of anything bad to say about this episode, besides maybe Rarity's random product placement(oh please tell me I brought the tiara that goes with this...), but other than that this episode is pretty awesome, a really cool adventure between the Mane 6 early in their friendship. The focus may have been on Fluttershy, but everypony had good and memorable moments in this one, one of season 1's best no doubt. :yay:

• Brohoof 2