NavelColt

104 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

in this episode princesses celestia sends twilight and her friends to ask a dragon if he could sleep somewhere else due to the smoke when he snores.  but fluttershy is afraid of everything this mission throughs at her but when the dragon is mean to the ponys fluttershy tells the dragon off and gets him to move caves.

Oh a Fluttershy episode. At first I didn't have a favorite pony in the show but I think this episode here help me choose.

I remember when Dish on Demand show a little peak of this episode back before I even known about the show. Then a month later one of the friends asked, "Hey, you heard of this show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?" 

• 3 weeks later...

despite Fluttershy being low on my mane 6 list, I actually thought was a near-perfect episode. I can kind of relate to Fluttershy in this episode as I sometimes find it difficult to admit the truth to others. This episode also had plenty of my favourite moments including Pinkie's rubber chicken, Rarity's flirting to get some of the treasure and Rainbow Dash kicking the dragon.

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was Rainbow Dash's negative attitude towards Fluttershy. Other than that, this is a personal favourite of mine and One of my most rewatched episodes.

Edited by shocker1991

Interesting coincidences:

The shape of the mountain, cave entrance shots, the color of the dragon, its position relative to the main hero, the smoke coming down to a nearby village, and even the village seems very Ponyville-like (especially with that huge windmill).

But when ordinary people do such things, they got lawsuits... ;-/

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow. This is my favorite episode of the whole show. It's why Fluttershy is my favorite mane 6 pony. I could watch that scene where she calls out the dragon over and over and over again, and it would still be as amazing as it was the first time. Oh and this.

img-858759-1-mlfw5054-to_war_by_greaterg

I just lost it  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was the episode that me really hooked me on the show.  Also this was the episode that me a fan of Fluttershy as well.  I found it touching how they all helped her up the mountain and that she was able to overcome her fear of dragons because her friends were being bullied.  Fluttershy seems so meek and shy, but if you mess with her friends your in for a fight!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Review Time!

After two forgettable episodes (Applebuck Season and Griffon The Brush Off) and one outright atrocity (Boast Busters), this was refreshing. Obviously, this is a Fluttershy episode, although the rest of the mane 6 do get a lot of screen time as well. Don't know how else to say it, so I'll just say it: Fluttershy is absolutely fucking adorable here. The character interaction here was definitely  up to the show's usual standard, which each of the mane six reacting differently to how Fluttershy's behavior slows them down or inconveniences them. I enjoyed how Rainbow Dash became visibly frustrated with her (Which I honestly think is in her character, she can be kind of a jerk sometimes), Applejack was supportive and patient, and Twilight was kinda just disappointed. The comedy was definitely a step-up from the last three episodes, it made me chuckle more times in the first 5 or so minutes than those three combined. However, it still doesn't quite reach Ticket Master. Even though I'm glad this episode happened and I did enjoy it, I'm thankful that Fluttershy's character has developed to the point where we will probably never have another episode like this one again.

Grade: B

• 2 weeks later...

Writing the script for this review, it's got a perfect episode ranking, and the only one to do so thus far~! I can see why Voice of Reason says this is the episode that made him a Brony~!

(edited)

Oh wow. This is my favorite episode of the whole show. It's why Fluttershy is my favorite mane 6 pony. I could watch that scene where she calls out the dragon over and over and over again, and it would still be as amazing as it was the first time. Oh and this.

img-858759-1-mlfw5054-to_war_by_greaterg

YES! That bit was pure gold!

Also....

msk6ra.jpg

FOOTBALLSHY!!!

What gets me about this is not only that Fluttershy has on a bunch of random sports equipment on but that it's Fluttershy wearing sports equipment....and the fact that she owns this stuff. I'm not implying that girls can't do sports or anything. I'm just saying...this is Fluttershy-The-Super-Feminine-Meek-And-Mild-Angel-Maiden-Of-The-Meadows-Soft-And-Pretty-Nature-Pony.

Also, it's somepony clad in a football helmet, baseball catcher's chestpiece, inner-tube & kiddie swim-floaties. :lol:

Edited by Pinkiesister75

Finishing Season 1, I believe that this was the first perfect episode of the show, and my favorite of what I've seen so far. It was a very cool adventure disrupted by Fluttershy's timid nature, and was a great one. One thing, what was Pinkie attempting to do?

Fluttershy really stepped up and was assertive when she saw her friends getting beaten by that dragon. I do think that the reason why that dragon has so much gold is because of his greed. In the other episode, Zecora told twilight that a steady diet of greed can make a dragon grow. I think that the reason why that dragon did not want to leave the cave is because it's a chore for him to pack up his gold and leave for another cave. I think the reason why Fluttershy was afraid to work with dragons is because dragons do tend to have a mind of their own unlike other animals she worked with. If you look at spike, he has enough of a brain to do Twilight's chores in organizing books! And if dragons have that type of brain power to do tasks, then their individual personality is why they are so hard to control. Therefore, Fluttershy was afraid to work with dragons due to that very reason. It was then that she decided to take a big risk standing up to the dragon because she couldn't stand to see her friends getting hurt. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This is the first really good episode of the season.

Fluttershy scolding at the dragon is already a classic.

However, this is far from being the best episode of the season 1.

This is the first episode I watched, I thought it was pretty... Okay. It did make me want to watch more though, so I don't think it's the best episode of season 1 (Not even close) but I do think it's a good episode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...