• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/113-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Look Before Your Sleep
Air Date: December 3, 2010
Synopsis: When the ponies gather at Twilight's for a slumber party, Rarity and Applejack begin to quarrel and threaten to ruin the party.

Cowgirl VS fashion designer, go! If I recall, this was one of the initial episodes where I really began enjoying Applejack's character. She was funny and demonstrated maturity but apologizing when the situation required her to. Also, pillow fight ftw. Edited by DashForever

enjoying Applejack's character

Rarity beg to differ

Posted Image

Funny thing is, her mascara stays good even after all those water :P

Also, pillow fight should totally be included in the next Olympic

Posted Image

• Brohoof 5

This episode had everything!!!

1) A showdown that was bound to happen sooner-or-later (i.e. AJ vs. Rarity), and was handled spectacularly by the creators!!! With such polarizing and dynamically opposite personalities, AJ and Rarity's differences needed to be addressed in order to show that they themselves could truly be friends with each other, and not just friends with Twilight, and this episode solidly accomplished that. Applejack in particular, as Chaotic Discord mentioned, came across as particularly mature, although the antics between her and Rarity were absolutely hilarious!

2) This was also a great Twilight episode, actually!! It was one of the first episodes where she was both a supporting character, but we also got to see her (in her adorkable fashion) trying to learn more about friendship, and being extremely cute in the process!!!! You could just tell, she'd wanted to throw a slumber party since she was a filly, even if she didn't say so! :wub:

3) One... Bucking... Epic... Pillow fight!!!!!!

Posted Image

4) This...

Posted Image

:lol:

5) And finally, s'mores, and really, we all know that everything is 20% tastier with s'mores! B)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lteh__GuFhI

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 4

You know, this was truly one of the better episodes of season 1. We have applejack fighting rarity, humor, and pillow fights. Applejack having to wear a dress made me laugh hard. Twilight wasn't really that appealing in this episode. Which is strange since she is my third favorite pony.

This was one of my least favorite episode of season 1. It just did not feel like a great episode. I mean why could the two just not walk home? Rarity's house can not be that far from where she is and AJ can take on anything, but lighting scares her. It just had a weak start if u ask me.

The one thing I did like about it was that it shows that the five were not that close before Twilight came to town. This episode shows that Rarity and Apple Jack knows each other, but they aren't that close of friends.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This brings back so many memories.

Two of my favorite characters Applejack and Rarity together in one episode.

Season 4 needs more Rarity and Applejack episodes together.

Edited by Ulrik Raben
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

S'mores are made of Marshmellows. Marshmellows are made of gelatin. Gelatin is made of horse's hooves. Therefore it is not vegetarian. Ever noticed how they say sheep, cow, donkey, and mule, but no horses?

Marshmellows.

Oh, yes, this was a truly amazing episode! I loved the pillow fight!!!! And the s'mores was just hilarious! And... when the branch crashed through the window, and Twilight could do nothing but read to see if she can find info on it!

"Oh, It. Is. ON!"

~Raritybiggrin.png

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed this episode. It was light-hearted fun, but there is nothing wrong with that, especially after a more serious episode like "Dragonshy". Plus, the pillow fight was fun, as was Applejack's epic leap into bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't have much to say about this episode.

One thing I find notable about it is how particularly youthful Rarity sounds and acts here. In human form, she is always (always) depicted as older than the other five, and I know that it's because her voice actress is at least fifteen years older than the other three, but I wish more people kept in mind that Rarity is supposed to be just about the same age as everyone else.

Secondly, just a really minor observation, in the 8:26 mark, Applejack makes a befuddled look, that I believe is the exact face Apple Bloom made one other time. Just something I thought was interesting.

(edited)

Alright, this is just something that I really wanna get off my chest, but I absolutely HATE how Rarity won an argument against Applejack with "infinity plus one"! I really think Applejack should have kicked Rarity SUPER hard in the mouth for that!!!!!!! img-1433314-1-angry.png

EDIT: Alright, I call bull. Rarity didn't really beat Applejack. Applejack already knew she was gonna keep it going with Rarity, so she made the right choice by being like "I'm not gonna keep this up!" even if Rarity did suggest that they go their separate ways. Just a theory, though.

Edited by BlueEyedPegasus

• 2 months later...

This is one of my favorite episodes of the season. I think it is well done, and I love the Apllejack-Rarity duo. Their opposite personalities provide lots of fun interaction between them, at the same time causing them to get closer to each other in their friendship. Their bickering were very amusing, and a pillow fight and fight for a place in the bed were simply great and hilarious. It also was funny how Twilight tried to do everything by the book. And of course the brilliant Oooooh ghost stories that made this episode even more memorable. I liked the rather slow pace of action, which allowed for deep development of all present characters.

By accident I stopped at this scene and somehow it seems very fun for me.

post-17813-0-13377900-1373742222_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

This was a great episode in my opinion. It's funny to see a rare occurence like two of the Mane 6 to be fighting. I liked the beginning especially, when Rarity was making the tree into little shapes. :3

• 2 months later...

Ah, this episode, technically the first Rarity episode I suppose. And it's a really good one too, between Rarity and Applejack's entertaining bickering, Twilight's obliviousness and obsessiveness over her very first slumber party, and memorable moments ranging from the truth/dare game, the pillow fight, the dispute over the bed covers, and so much more, I just love this episode and watching it over and over again. :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

I love this episode it had to be the one that truly swayed me into the show, just every aspect made me enjoy it,  the best part is Rarities ghost story. to add icing to this cake of an episode Sherclop made a alternative that just overkilled the humor... my humor receptors are fried and I cannot laugh at normal things anymore... but it was WORTH IT! ^-^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of my personal favourites of season 1. It has many of my favourite moments such as the epic pillow fight, the truth or dare game and Twilight's obliviousness to slumber parties. I also really like the lesson about how you can be friends with someone even if you don't share anything in common.

I wonder how this episode would have looked if Spike never went to Canterlot on royal duties. I can only imagine his reaction to Rarity spending the night at the library.

• 4 weeks later...

Rarity's and Applejack's friendship is one of my favorite relationships in the show, and this episode does a great job at fleshing out that relationship. It has some amazing character development, and it's even more impressive considering how early in the show's run (season 1, episode 8) it aired. Prior to this episode, we only really saw Rarity and Applejack interact as part of a larger group, so it's quite conceivable that the two weren't particularly close until this point, and that they believably didn't like each other all that much.

By forcing the two to embrace each other's differences in a tight spot, the show begins forging what may be the most well-written friendship in the series (which gets some great moments later, such as Best Night Ever and Sisterhooves Social). Their bickering throughout the episode, while amusing, also creates an incredibly satisfying payoff when the two do make amends and are friends.

Twilight, while she played more of a supporting role here, was also fantastic in this one. Her naivety and enthusiasm for spending time with her new friends was great. 

• 1 month later...

This was the first episode I ever saw, and it has a special place in my heart because of that. The pillow fight was, in my opinion, one of the best scenes of season 1, and the episode in general was just really good. So, yeah, I agree with what everyone else is saying.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry if I have to bump this topic, but what if Rarity and Applejack had continued to bicker and fight?

Twilight would have done what she did in Castle Mane-ia:

Twilight_freezes_ponies_S04E03.png

(Not sure she could do that since it's a season 1 episode :huh:)

Anyway she would have tried whatever she could to stop them from fighting each other.

Twilight would have done what she did in Castle Mane-ia:

img-2816918-1-Twilight_freezes_ponies_S0

(Not sure she could do that since it's a season 1 episode :huh:)

Anyway she would have tried whatever she could to stop them from fighting each other.

And if that method failed, would her slumber party have been a failure?