95 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

I actually enjoyed this episode. I really like when the ponies act in a way that real people would with realistic attitudes, snarky remarks, frustration, and ANGER! Haha grrrrr they don't act angry enough of the time for me. I can really relate and enjoy their antics when they are more realistic in their reactions. 

Also, I liked how cute and excited Twilight was. She was cute. Oh and the pillow fight was great. 

Edited by Lexamena

• 1 month later...

I really liked this episode! It was so funny and I generally liked the plot, and how it all played out. Plus... Rarity and Applejack settling their differences... I really liked that!

• 1 month later...

I think i like this episode more then others do and it's one of those episodes that shows, that it's okay to like girly things.

Twilight shows the best of her adorkable side in this episode. Most of the things she says and does just makes you go dawwwww.

I like the dynamic that Rarity and Applejack have in this episode. It's about 2 ponies that couldn't be anymore different and they show those differences during the episode. But they also show that even with these differences, you can still be friends. I have a friend like this and we come along fine.

Some people say that it should go as far away from it's girly ways as possible. I disagree. This show should embrace it, while not going too over the top with it. This is one of those Episodes that does it right with the Slumberparty angle.

Very good episode overall.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't like this episode for the following reasons:

1. Rarity and Twilight are my 2 least favorite in the mane 6.

2. I don't like it when the Mane 6 fight each other.

3. The story line wasn't really my type.

Overall, this wasn't one of my favorite episodes.

• Brohoof 2

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
(edited)

Bronies, I think I may have come up with some reasons why Rarity and Applejack were arguing with each other during a good deal of Twilight's first slumber party in the first place. Let me explain:

- One of the reasons why they bickered was probably due to Rarity's vanity, fussiness and desire to stay clean, which was rather annoying to Applejack. Apparently, it turns out Rarity only wanted to be friends with Twilight in the first place because the purple unicorn came from Canterlot and knew Princess Celestia. I may have come to the conclusion that the alabaster fashionista wants to take part in high society and join the Canterlot Elite (these dilemmas would later be addressed as the series progresses).

- Another reason for the arguing was that Applejack wants to get down and dirty (I am talking about real dirt, like mud, so I would advise you to get your mind OUT of the gutter), not caring at all about her appearance unlike Rarity. There's also the fact that Applejack had resented high society, maybe because of her really embarrassing experience in Manehattan that she does NOT want to talk about (the orange apple farmer met two of her relatives there; Aunt and Uncle Orange). Last but not least, Applejack was really quick to get angry at Rarity every chance she gets.

Despite what I have explained above, Rarity and Applejack eventually did work out their differences and get along with each other in the end. The best part? The slumber party was a success overall, as Twilight declared! However, it did come rather close to becoming a failure after the two arguing ponies were fighting over the bed.

Edited by MalekPony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rarity beg to differ

img-841081-1-zhEtf.gif

Funny thing is, her mascara stays good even after all those water :P

Also, pillow fight should totally be included in the next Olympic

img-841081-2-pndQH.gif

Olympic or Olympics? is it the only thing that they should do next year? all that time practicing just to be thrown away for a feather filled Armageddon!?

• 1 month later...

This episode was actually really good in my opinion, the ending was great, and it's entertaining to watch 2 ponies fight about all these little things aswell :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For me, the main issue with this episode isn't necessarily that Rarity and Applejack are fighting at all, but that here more than anywhere else they seem to bring out the worst in each other. I haven't seen the episode recently, but what I recall is that their worst qualities are magnified, and their argument comes across as extremely petty. However fast-paced or naturalistic the episode might be, I find it very hard to be invested in a vapid, petty argument between two ponies who don't get along as much because of their own closed-mindedness as because of their fundamentally opposed personalities. The results are inevitably grating to me, and to a lesser extent I still find this true of nearly every episode they share together. 

However, this is one of the episodes where season 1's subtle character arcs are clearest. Season 1 is about how the mane six forge their bonds, and "Look Before You Sleep" is in the end an episode about overcoming differences - about Applejack and Rarity enhancing their understanding of each other. For whatever reason this understanding appears to have deteriorated over time, but it's there, and it emphasises season 1's main focus. That's about as much of a redeeming quality as I can remember here, unfortunately. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just watched and I love it so much too! Best episode of the season (I never count in the premiere) so far.

Episode 8 and we see that actually AJ and rarity aren't good friends lmao. Love the rivality between these two. Glad we got more AJ X Rarity combo episodes but also glad lately we got diferent combos (rarity x pinkie / AJ x fluttershy) so we get more variety and don't get bored of this perfect original combo.

I laughed in this episode so so much. My favorite scene was when they were in the bed and rarity kicks out AJ do make the bed again and then says they gotta enter so carefully from the top to not undone the bed. I laughed a lot because I do that too xD

Love also how nerd and cute was twilight doing this slumber party following the book and mostly didn't realized what was going on.

In this episode they're rivals for sure (rarity was SAVAGE with some replies to AJ lmao) but I love how at the end they realized all and both say sorry Not a rushed apology. First with the tree and later scene apologing for the whole night. also from now on in the show they kinda have some rival moments but its a friendly rivality and they're friends.

The friendship lesson was OK. But I don't see myself doing it. If I don't have a thing in common with someone I don't wanna spend time with them so I hardly will become friends xD

Edited by Tropico

• 1 month later...

This is my first 5 episode.

There is nothing to not like about this.

Some of my favorite ponies.

Great set of lessons.

Great Pony Interaction.

really the thing that pushs this over the top.

There is nothing I can find wrong with it.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Definitely one of the best episodes I've watched. This one makes me love Applejacks character more and more. I know for a fact, the entire family at Sweet Apple Acres will be my favorite ponies for a while.

What time is it? Oh, only 2:00 in the morning. I have time for one more episode...

Or two.

Or three, or four.

ea3.png

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I actually loved this Episode, the little fights between Rarity and Applejack were really entertaining and it was great that they understood each other better at the end.

To be honest, the first time i watched this Episode i was a bit disappointed that Twilight didnt understood all the problems that they both had, since she is supposed to be the clever one, but now, watching this Episode after a few years again, i dont have any problem with Twilight. She doesnt even see the first fights and when she does, she still knows that something is wrong...so im not sure why i was disappointed at Twilight back then...

6 minutes ago, Luna Moon said:

I actually loved this Episode, the little fights between Rarity and Applejack were really entertaining and it was great that they understood each other better at the end.

To be honest, the first time i watched this Episode i was a bit disappointed that Twilight didnt understood all the problems that they both had, since she is supposed to be the clever one, but now, watching this Episode after a few years again, i dont have any problem with Twilight. She doesnt even see the first fights and when she does, she still knows that something is wrong...so im not sure why i was disappointed at Twilight back then...

I think the reason Twilight was somewhat tolerant of it was because Applejack and Rarity at that point in time never really got along - so it was same ole thing basically. Twilight was just used to it. Eventually, things got personal enough that she started to react to it.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I stand by what I said before. The pillow fight is fun, and the moral is good, but actually getting there means standing through Applejack being dense, Rarity being extremely self-centred, and both being utterly insensitive towards one another. I just find it insufferable, although Twilight's obsession with checklists livens things up slightly. I give this credit for contributing to season 1's running narrative of growing these unlikely friendships, but I just can't stand watching it. 

Score:

Entertainment: 3/10

Characters: 2/10

Themes: 7/10

Story: 3/10

Overall: 38/100

• 1 month later...

it was interesting to learn that the pegasus ponies schedule(?) rainstorms. twilight was adorable in this episode, being all excited about a sleepover! i loved the pony hair curlers and the pillow fight was amazing lol! 

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2018 at 3:43 PM, forest said:

it was interesting to learn that the pegasus ponies schedule(?) rainstorms. 

Yeah. Also interesting that they do a downpour if they accidentally miss. It seems like there would be a better way to resolve that.

Overall, fun episode, but I didn’t like Applejack pulling the tree on the library. Even with being in the moment, she seems smarter than that. I felt like the writers wanted to compensate Rarity’s fussiness by making Applejack look worse.

• 2 months later...

Simplicity is not always a good thing. Season 1 is the most simple season, and that can be seen as a positive or negative depending on the episode. Here, it's a negative. Rarity and Applejack's argument is so childish and annoying to watch that it makes the episode difficult to get through even though it's not at "Show Stoppers" levels of tedium. 

The episode doesn't have much else to it aside from their argument and while it's nice to see them make up, the journey getting there was too annoying for me to like the episode.

Score: 3/10

• 2 weeks later...