NavelColt

83 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Out of all the episode of season one, this one is definitely my favourite, and the episode I have seen the most other than The Ticketmaster and The best Night Ever, this episode makes me laugh as each ponies experiences the effects of the poison joke, and the capricious nicknames Spike gave to each pony equally makes laugh my flank off. Flutterguy makes me laugh the hardest, especially when she sings Pinkie's song on Zecora, and the expression on Flutterguy's face is priceless, Spitty Pie, Harity and Appletiny are a close funny moment too, followed by Twilight Flopple and Rainbow Crash. Zecora was a fine addition to the series too, and this was also Apple Bloom's first introduction before she would co-found the cutie mark crusaders, all in all this is the episode that cemented my affection for My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic, thus began the long road to becoming a brony, so as follows Bridle Gossip is the episode that I still watch before I view other episodes.  

• 1 month later...

I wanna revisit this episode.

I generally got a kick out of seeing the main six turn into hate mongering fear driven bigots,

and that's what sat in alot peoples craws. 

"Boo they took the main six and put them out of character."

And than once i got past being amused and listened to some critics (voice of reason)

it hit me why i still liked the episode.

the reviewer voice of reason was talking how upset he was when twilight sparkle gave in to her friends fears.

that's one of that episodes morals that's not even mentioned.
Your friends can drag you down even when you know better.

Prejudice isn't necessarily based on ignorance.  Twilight totally was informed for the most part.

and she still ended up on "that side" of things.

Why?  Her friends.

Actually come to think of it, that episode literally just shot the foot off of the theme of the whole show.

Remember the twilight sparkle who came to pony ville?  Do you think she would have entertained that nonsense for a second?   You know the one who didn't want to make friends.

But seriously friend ship is the main driving force for the fear in that episode.  Because pony ville is such a tight nit town with little to no voice of decent,

there isn't gonna be a group to rise up and go "bull crap."

And i do kinda like the fact a 10 year old is the smart one.

Honestly it's apple blooms finest moment.

• Brohoof 2

This episode confused me.

How is Magic different from Curses?

Curses are a utilization of magic, albeit dark magic-so what's the difference?

They are generated by hatred an individual has within their heart (which means they also come from within), so shouldn't they be an equally valid from of magic-just with more malicious intent?

• 2 months later...

I tend to have mixed opinions for this episode. The sarcastic comments Twilight makes in response to the others explaining why they fear Zecora is a personal favourite moment of mine. I also enjoyed Fluttershy's guy voice, especially the way she screams when the mane six think Apple Bloom is being cooked. It was interesting to give Apple Bloom a big part before the Crusaders formed but this was most likely a way of introducing her before that specific episode.

Despite these Pros, this episode also contains a couple of my most hated moments of season 1. It felt out of character for Applejack to be the most vocal one scared of Zecora. I also couldn't stand the scene where she and Rainbow Dash broke into Zecora's hut and started labelling her the evil one when they were being just as bad as what they thought Zecora was.

• 2 months later...

This is probably one of my favorite episodes from the first season

I loved all the jokes, and "Evil Enchantress" is probably my favorite song

I also love Zecora as a character, so it's all just a win for me ^^

Funny note, my subtitles spell her name "Zakora"  :derp:

• 3 months later...

She's an evil enchantress, she does evil dances! And if you look deep in her eyes she'll put you in trances!

This episode is frikin hillarious and I LOVE pinkys little song!

Thought the show was funny already, but was finally this episode that I realized I was a brony! I had pinkys little song stuck in my head the next few days! Hahahaha

• Brohoof 2

One of my favorite moments in that episode is where Twilight says "Maybe she's making Apple Bloom soup!" and they all start screaming... except Fluttershy, who has more of a resonant baritone than a scream.

Everypony else: EEEEEEEEEE!

Flutterguy: AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Makes me laugh every time.

Another classic is Applejack: "Apple Bloom! You come back here, right this instant! I'M GONNA TELL BIG MACINTOSH ON YOU! ... Oh, pony feathers..."

That part about the Flutterguy "AUUUUUUUGGGHH" just makes me bust out laughing everytime! And, of course, there's the many forms of Evil Enchantress.

Zecora is pure cool! Love her.

• 2 weeks later...

This episode was great! It was really funny for many reasons(flutterguy, mini apple jack , silly xenophobia etc.) and it was nice that it addressed an important issue in modern society- xenophobia.  :)

Definitiely one of the best episodes from the season 1.

And this scene is perfect:

BEST SCENE EVER!

Love Spitty Pie's tongue & when her eyes make that cute squeaky noises while bugging out during "....and if you look in her eyes....".

Flutterguy's deadpan look, LOL!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was a good episode. It focuses on Zecora the Zebra who is supposably evil. And the ponies then get cursed by poisonous flowers and then find out she isn't evil. My highlight was when the Mane 6 revealed their curses such as Appleteeny, Hairity, Rainbow Crash, Spitty Pie, and Flutterguy.

640px-Fluttershy_Deep_Voice_S1E09.png

• 3 weeks later...

All this time I thought that the poison Joke made rainbow Dash all uncoordinated when she flies. I watched the episode again today. Maybe for the eighth time, and FINALLY noticed the truth!

The Poison Joke put her wings on her tummy!

I finally noticed because I watched it for the first time on the living room TV instead of my tablet or laptop.

Poison_Joke_RD.jpg

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

This episode was fantastic. I loved all of the humor in it.

All of the ponies were very cool, except Twilights in my opinion. Her horn just got floppy and green. My favorite "Sickness" was Rarity's. Her mane just was all in her face and she kept tripping over it. Also got to love Tiny AJ!

thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I love everything about this one!  The lesson is great, the poison joke is hysterical, Zecora is epic, her house is really cool, and Applebloom actually has a role for the first time.  This is a contender for my favorite season one episode, possibly my favorite in the series.  Flutterguy.  I mean, come on.  :yay:

what allergic reaction would you get to poison joke?

Because I do a lot with my hands- drawing, cooking, reading, writing- probably it'd make my hands go crazy hyperactive or something.  :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All this time I thought that the poison Joke made rainbow Dash all uncoordinated when she flies. I watched the episode again today. Maybe for the eighth time, and FINALLY noticed the truth!

The Poison Joke put her wings on her tummy!

I finally noticed because I watched it for the first time on the living room TV instead of my tablet or laptop.

img-3170605-1-Poison_Joke_RD.jpg

Plus, they're backwards!

This episode was fantastic. I loved all of the humor in it.

All of the ponies were very cool, except Twilights in my opinion. Her horn just got floppy and green. My favorite "Sickness" was Rarity's. Her mane just was all in her face and she kept tripping over it. Also got to love Tiny AJ!

img-3271876-1-thumb.gif

She looks like a Rasta-Pony....or those weird sheepdogs that look like mops.

This was  my favorite scene in the entire episode. Not only is Fluttershys voice hilarious but the beat is catchy 

Very ear-womy, too. I have that "Cool Beat-Poet Flutterguy Version" stuck in my head, constantly.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Flutterguy is hilarious. I love the juxposition of "Deep manly baratone with a whoooolllee lotta sooouuullll" & "Pretty, soft, pure, feminine flower of a girl (or mare) with long, flowing light pink hair & tareme doe-eyes".

MLP-FiM needs more Zecora.....and not just in the usual "Deus Ex Machina" way. Have a slice-of-life tale with the ponies & Zecora...or and epic fantasy episode where Zecora is alongside the others but isn't "That one gal that solves everything". I love Zecora but sometimes she seems to just be there as a plot device than a character.

I would love to see an episode about Zecora's origins. It would be a great concept in world-building. Equestria is apparently a big continent, rather than the planet, itself. Perhaps another, Sub-Sahara Africa-like continent can be introduced. Call the continent Neighbia & have countries like Tailbobwe, Maneagascar, Tailzania, South Neighbia, etc. Also, like another poster on another board suggested, the planet could be called Equus.

Also, flesh-out Saddle Arabia as well.

Zecora is cool also this was a pretty funny episode.

img-3542718-1-licking.jpg

......and that's a pretty funny screencap. Dash is hilarious!

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...