• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/116-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Call of the Cutie
Air Date: January 7, 2011
Synopsis: Apple Bloom is discouraged because she has not received her cutie mark yet, so she aggressively searches out her purpose in life so she can get it.

Ugh, Diamond Tiara. Despite her taunting, Apple Bloom trudges onwards in her search for a cutie mark; Dashie, Pinkie Pie, even asking Twilight to force a cutie mark onto her. This was a rather cute episode, and is a landmark, having the Cutie Mark Crusaders officially meet and band together. Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 6

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, UNITE!!!!!! The episode that marked the beginning of our favorite group of fillies, this is a rather cute episode as Chaotic Discord said. Apple Bloom, in her first outing as the main character of an episode, is quite adorable, and the fun is tripled once Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo enter the picture as well! It's also a very informative episode, in that it was the first episode that really explained cutie marks properly and how a pony gets their cutie mark, and further depth to Equestria and the show itself. Overall, I really, really love this episode.

:)

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Again, I confess, I have not seen this episode, but I did see the transcripts and the gallery in the Wikipedia. And it's such an awesome episode, I can't wait to actually see it!

Poor Apple Bloom. Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara are just... just... img-1384333-1-angry.png <<<That face pretty much says it all.

I'll most likely post again, once I see it!

EDIT: Well, today I saw it, and it was much better than I thought it was going to be!!!!

"Flour! It's flour! Yay, I guessed it! What game are we going to play now? Please say bingo, please say bingo!"

~Pinkie Pie laugh.png

Edited by True Rarity
  • Brohoof 3

This is really weird to me, because Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell say that they thought they were the only two fillies without a cutie mark, but in the pilot episode they were all hiding under a table together....

To be fair, they were all hiding under a table due to Nightmare Moon. If you were terrified, and happened to choose the same hiding place as someone else, would you notice the other pony in more than a "corner of your eye" way, or would you be distracted by the evil mare threatening to call up a thousand years of darkness?

To be fair, they were all hiding under a table due to Nightmare Moon. If you were terrified, and happened to choose the same hiding place as someone else, would you notice the other pony in more than a "corner of your eye" way, or would you be distracted by the evil mare threatening to call up a thousand years of darkness?

True. What seems strange to me is that apparently they are all in the same class yet never noticed. This bring forth a few questions. Are there more than one class in Ponyville's school? If so how does that work as it seems Cheerilee is the only instructor? Is she the only instructor? In the end these don't really matter but it is something that went through my head.

• Brohoof 2

That's true when Nightmare Moon was there. But as Nightmare Moon left, just like Rainbow Dash, wouldn't you question or think about what just happened? Or just akwardly walk away, without looking who you were hiding with? If I was one of the CMC, when Nightmare Moon was gone, i would talk to them about it or at least be concerned for the other, even if they don't know each other. And I would see if the other had a cutiemark or not. But this might just be me....

Edited by Starlight Song

That's true when Nightmare Moon was there. But as Nightmare Moon left, just like Rainbow Dash, wouldn't you question or think about what just happened? Or just akwardly walk away, without looking who you were hiding with? If I was one of the CMC, when Nightmare Moon was gone, i would talk to them about it or at least be concerned for the other, even if they don't know each other. And I would see if the other had a cutiemark or not. But this might just be me....

You posted an excellent point, but maybe they were simply too scared to notice the others' cutie marks.

You posted an excellent point, but maybe they were simply too scared to notice the others' cutie marks.

Yeah. They are just foals, like Nightmare Moon said.

"Get back, you foals!"

BTW, congrats on new Parasprite rank (sometimes I act like Pinkie Pie blink.png )!

I just finished reviewing (and rewatching) this episode. Overall, I found it rather "meh". The only thing that made it even slightly above average to me were Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, who did what they had to do very well, and made for villains that were fun to root against. Other than that, the episode just screamed "generic" to me.

• 2 months later...

This has to be one of my favorite episodes, not just because the CMC are the most adorable fillies ever! I have a big problem with stress and worrying about my future. I don't have any talents, i'm not funny, i'm not athletic, i can't play instruments, the list goes on. I spent a few days in just a horrible depression. Then i saw this. I realized how even if you don't know what you are destined for now, it will show up later in life. I almost took my own life before i saw this, but ponies saved my life once again.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, this was a good episode, Apple Bloom isn't really one of my favorite characters but this was still a good episode. All of the moments in it like Apple Bloom chasing her flank(definitely up there among the show's cutest animations), the crazy montage, and Pinkie's cupcakes song make for a really nice episode, plus the CMC met, which was nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a question that is completely off topic. So, a ponies cutie mark is supposed to represent their talent, right? Silver Spoon's cutie mark is a spoon. Does this mean her talent is...spoons?

Not necessarily talent, it's what makes them unique and different from any other pony. In Spoon's case, being born into an upperclass Ponyville family is what makes her special. Same with Diamond Tiara.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Although I like the Cutie Mark Crusaders, I have never been very keen on this episode. I immediately disliked Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon as soon as they started picking on Apple Bloom for her lack of a cutie mark. I saw them as one-dimensional and "the bully" has always been one of my most despised cliches. The talents Apple Bloom goes through to find her mark, while I will admit I found some of them to be funny, I felt it got a little old quickly.

However, the scene where Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo stick up for Apple Bloom is a personal favourite moment of mine.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this episode. The thing is, I can't pinpoint why.

I this is a go-to episode whenever I feel like watching MLP.