• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/117-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Fall Weather Friends
Air Date: January 28, 2010
Synopsis: When Rainbow Dash and Applejack compete against each other in the annual Running of the Leaves, competition turns sour and the ponies do whatever it takes to win.

Tomboy vs tomboy in a clash of athleticism, perseverance, and strength. One of my favorite episodes, I liked the interactions between characters, and you really got an idea for the relationship between Dash and AJ throughout this episode. Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

A Rainbow Dash episode yes. This episode was definitely going to happen as Rainbow and AJ were obviously rival like. Add in a dash of Pinkie and you got a pretty solid episode.

Another funny episode.

Ah yes, the battle of Ponyville's resident tomcolts; still one of my favorite episodes!!! RD and AJ's antics are to die for, Pinkie Pie is flat out hilarious as a commentator along with Spike ("Yes, and grudge rhymes with fudge!!!!!" oh man, still one of my favorite Pinkie lines :lol: ), and the ending is hilarious, especially Twilight's placing fifth (FOR THE EGGHEADS, TWILIGHT, FOR THE EGGHEADS!!! :angry: ). All around, a great episode. :)

• Brohoof 2

It was a great episode for only the first season, it showed how athletic AJ and Rainbow Dash are. And I loved the ending of how Twlight got an even better placement of who ran the faster than either of them did. It was a great episode and had a great ending and was a great lesson to friendship and winning at things in life. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

You really can tell what I'm going to say by my profile name.

Yes, most people have already noticed this before, but Twlight's racing number, in the episode, is 42. Which to people who have not read or watched, the movie was a bad representation of the book, The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy, in this they build this huge machine, yada yada, they ask it what the meaning of life is, and finally it replies 42. So the creators either just threw that one in there to see us scramble, or it actually meant something. In that episode, Twlight was the one who knew what do, and gave advice to them. In the whole series, she is the main charater and the glue of the friendship. Anyone have an idea behind this? 

Sorry if anypony was confused, my profile name when I posted that was TwlightSparkle=Fourty2. Just wanted to write that so everypony would know.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fangasumm! I adore the HitchHickers Guide to the Galaxy!! Or, the Eggheads Guide to Running...

So Twlight is the meaning of life?

NOTE:

I would not have known the Hitchiker's Guide unless MLP came along. I got curious, researched her number, read the book, and now I go - WOW. Thank you MLP!!!

Edited by Starlight Song
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I'm still wondering how Twilight was able to stay this close to the other racers even though she was like way slower than the others. I mean it maybe took her 20 seconds to catch up to Applejack/Rainbow Dash who were leading the race all alone. Wonder how much faster she would be if she ran for real :lol: .

Also I would've never imagined Rainbow keeping up with Applejack like that (without wings, since she is probably not running that much since she can fly). Really makes me wonder how fast Applejack would be with wings. :okiedokielokie:

This was definitely an interesting episode. It totally had that season 1 feel that I love personally :D and all in all it was just a great episode in general. It was fascinating seeing Rainbow Dash and AJ take each other on in various competitions, and Fluttershy was pretty adorable when she was keeping score. Later on in the episode, it was pretty funny/interesting to see Spike and Pinkie Pie's interactions on the balloon. The scenes with Twilight going at her own pace were also very enjoyable. 

I was pretty disappointed in AJ and Rainbow Dash when they were throwing cheap shots at one another. They both got so caught up with getting back at each other that they completely forgot about good sportsmanship. There's no real sense of winning if you're going to play dirty, even if the opponent is playing dirty against you. However, they seemed to have learned their lesson after the race's result (losing to Twilight for those two must not have felt good), and I'm glad that they made up as well as realized what poor sports they were being. That was really heartwarming to see, and I absolutely loved the ensuing scene of the two running together at the end. :)

Yeah, this episode is awesome, I always enjoy watching it. It's so masculine and action-packed for a My Little Pony episode, I love it. I have to say the spit-shake that RD and AJ do before the commercial breaks grosses me out a bit though... :lol:

I have to say the spit-shake that RD and AJ do before the commercial breaks grosses me out a bit though... :lol:

The Spit-shake was the best part :P
I always liked the competitiveness between RD and AJ so I love this episode :3
Although we all know RD would have won....

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This episode here made me happy to see Rainbow Dash and Applejack getting along in the end. I wonder if the episode would be better if Celestia took part in the race.

Also I couldn't believe I didn't see the mistake in the beginning where they are tossing horseshoe.  

• 2 months later...

Loved the episode but thought Dash was being really mean. When Dash started to slow down I though they were going to make a "Turtle and the Hare" reference. Just realized the 42 thing :D

• 1 month later...
(edited)

A decent episode but not one I tend to rewatch. When Applejack claims Rainbow Dash "cheated" because of her wings, I personally wouldn't call it cheating, I would say she had an unfair advantage. I found that claim to be a bit hypocritical since she rode the rope from the hot air balloon to catch up with the other racers when she took a wrong turn.

The highlight of the episode for me had to be the commentary from Pinkie and Spike and I hope to see more interactions between the two in future episodes and possibly a Pinkie/Spike episode.

Edited by shocker1991

• 1 month later...

I personally really liked this episode and it's lesson. I play a lot of online games and sometimes get pretty pissed. This episode could help to calm me down in those situations. I loved the commentary from Spike and Pinkie Pie too, it was really funny and witty. 

One of my favorite episode of the show. It has a good ambiance, and is well animated.

I find Twilight has a really good part, and there's a clever moral at the end.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Another decent episode. However what I don't get is that this takes place in fall when only 2 episodes ago everything took place in late winter. I personally think this episode takes place before Winter Wrap Up. Anyway this episode was about Applejack and Rainbow Dash race in the Iron Pony Competition. I'd say the highlight was the moral at the end. Friendship is more important than competition.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

** SPOILERS**

Fall Weather Friends was a very good episode. I loved the competition that drives AJ and Dash almost insane to see who is better. Is it smart, not really because nopony is better than any.

Very good episode, not my favorite but still one I would continually watch if I see it on.

86951__UNOPT__safe_applejack_animated.gi

• Brohoof 1