96 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

When I first heard they came out with a newer My Little Pony series, I wondered if they would use the same old characters or create new ones. Soon after I watched this episode when I was watching my little cousin over the weekend and not a moment to soon I was hooked. Of course later went and started with the first episode and went on from there. One of the things I enjoy most 'bout the show is they they are the old ones with new features yet old habits. Pinkie still loves to party, Fluttershy still shy as ever, and the changes they did make suited the characters so well. Rarity was once pink with rainbow long flowing mane and tail with a heart gem wrapped in a rainbow stream as a cutie mark. Much has changed but it's even more lovable than before... though I do miss the sea ponies... hoping they appear in the new series..

Edited by ~Brandy HaySwift~

• 3 weeks later...

After this episode i was kinda dissapointed in rarity because she was SO full of herself, and could no one notice that raritys wings looked exactally like butterfly wings? But still i like how rainbowdash got over her stage fright when she saved rarity from falling (and two ponys in the wonderbolts) and achevied her goal making a sonic rainboom. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

I love this episode though I do have to say, I was a fan of Rainbow Dash long before this! It just made her more than 20% cooler in my eyes.

This was actually the episode that I started to like Fluttershy more! The yay scene rocks! Gave me a good laugh.

Everyone gives Rarity a hard time here, but she was a necessary contrast. Rarity becoming more competitive than Rainbow, to me, accentuated Rainbow's humble side, which we had never seen before. Also, Rarity's spirit of generosity shone through in the beginning, being willing to have a potentially dangerous spell cast on her in order to support Rainbow Dash. Unfortunately for Rarity, her vanity took over. In her defense though, she was able to realize it in the end. With out her blunder, Rainbow might not have had the motivation to perform the Sonic Rainboom. It was Rainbow's love for her friend, and her hero's, that pushed her beyond her limits.

Yeah her costume and make up was awful but it was meant to be awful and over done. Was she annoying? Well yeah, but once again I think she was meant to be. She was showing us that being too 'up yourself' can be ugly!

Mikestar.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

This used to be my second favourite episode, just behind Cutie Mark Chronicles, of course, but after re-watching it, Rarity really got on my nerves. It's a shame because Rarity is usually a great character in my eyes, but here was one of the very few episodes where I didn't like her. At least she learned her lesson in the end. Brownie points for the Sonic Rainboom.

Rating: 7.5/10

Edited by Nagisa Misumi

• 4 weeks later...

In this episode I really didn't like Rarity's behavior - she was so vain and stupid here and she looked so ugly in that make up. I was afraid that I will start to hate her if she will be depicted in similar fashion in next episodes.

However, much more I liked the presentation of Rainbow Dash character. I think, that everyone who at one time had to appear publicly and had a big stage fright, can identify with her and understand her very well in this episode.

There's plenty to love about this episode, which makes me squee...there is no squee emote :o !! First there's Fluttershy's cheering lesson,.... yayyy, which we're all fond of for demonstrating Fluttershy's... shyness. Not to mention we get a good tour of Cloudsdale - which I think at this point is the first time we get to see Cloudsdale- and watch Pinkie Pie's reaction when she tastes the rainbow. Then of course, the rest of the mane 6 come to see Dashie as she performs at the young fliers,  managing to perform the sonic rainboom thanks to Rarity's mishap. Go Dashie go!!

• 2 weeks later...

I found it amusing how Rainbow Dash has always seemed so confident and for a bit she was a nervous wreck :P Rarity was always so obsessed with looking good that she would take any chance to look good.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I didn't really like how Rarity acted in this episode, but at least she was humbled and redeemed in the end. ;)k

But you know, between Fluttershy's yaying, visiting Cloudsdale, and of course the episode's namesake, it was still an amazing episode regardless. 5 yays out of 5! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely one of my all time favourite episodes from season 1. The sonic rainboom being one of the most memorable moments. The 1 thing I had a problem with this episode is Rarity, she seemed annoying because I felt like in every scene involving her the attention was really on her instead of Dash.

IMO, most of the attention should of been on Dash because the episode shows much potential for strong character development for her character but instead the episode was more focusing on the "pretty" wings Rarity had.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved this episode when RD does the rainboom ...... I wonder whu she's not a wonderbolt yet because I mean, come on, she's the ONLY pony in teh whole of Equestria who can perform the Sonic Rainboom. why is she not yet a wonderbolt? :huh:

I know right? You'd think the wonderbolts would let her in just by that alone  :blink:

• 5 weeks later...

It really bothered me how the pegasus ponies didn't say anything about the unicorns and earth ponies being able to walk on the clouds. Yeah, they would eventually assume it's magic, but it's like nobody even payed attention to them at all. Could be because of Rarity being a distraction and all, but still.

Rarity's makeup almost made me puke btw.

Edited by Judgement

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i liked how she didn't intend to do the rainboom at all, she just wanted to save rarity. and not only did she save rarity, she saved the wonderbolts, the show, and she snubbed those ponies that were jerks to her the whole episode!
that's why i liked it, because those guys told her basically to stop working on her talent and be pretty for the benefit of them, and she made them take it all back with her awesome rainboom!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably my favorite Season 1 episode. I was really sold on RD in this episode. Until I changed my favorite pony, of course.

Edited by DiamondRumpPony

I didn't like this episode at all.

Yes, I may be one of the few who actually disliked it.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved this episode because my favourite character is rainbow dash and I had been looking for a rainbow dash episode when I first saw rainbow ,this one was awesome it finally showed off the sonic rainboom too and she got to meet the wonderbolts