• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/120-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Stare Master
Air Date: February 25, 2011
Synopsis: Fluttershy offers to babysit the Cutie Mark Crusaders but quickly discovers that they are more than she can handle.

The Cockatrice! My favorite mythological creature going up against the butter pony. It's too bad butter pony had to win in the end... Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

Well, it wasn't that interesting of an episode. We do get the stare and get a new cool creature, (whose name people can abuse), but other then that, meh. CMC didn't really have any great episodes in season 1. At least in my opinion.

I can relate to Fluttershy in this particular episode a lot actually. I used to work at a daycare... Anyway I really feel for Fluttershy, first she thought that it was all gonna be fun tame, then things just start going south. Though I can really relate when she gets to the point where she just tries to calm them down and put them to sleep, then one child just has to rile them all up into a frenzy. Though my favorite part of the episode is when Fluttershy stands up to the Cockatrice, mainly because I think it's funny and adorable how Fluttershy chastises monsters with her soft voice, and they actually do what she says.

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely not one of the most notable episodes, but it's still a very fun one. Fluttershy's attempts at babysitting are quite amusing (and her squee is incredibly adorable), the CMC are hilarious (especially considering this is one of the first episodes where we see their childish filly behavior directly contrasted with an older character such as Fluttershy), Sweetie Belle has her first big musical number, the cockatrice is definitely one of the coolest and most unique mythological creatures to appear on the show, and the stare-off between him and Fluttershy is awesome!

Oh yeah, this episode also originated the "Scootaloo is a chicken" meme, so it has my eternal appreciation and gratitude for that! B)

Edited by Batbrony

• 1 month later...

it was a little strange how a snail could climb up twilight's stone mane that fast, in just like, half an hour or less. Summarizing this, it probably is one of the more boring episodes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You sir are right. Everypony has to love this episode, imo it's one of the best episodes made.. sure the whole SCOOTALOO thing is kind of annoying -- but still this episode had a lot of interesting stuff in it. Also, ever since this episode aired, everypony has been talking about it.. lol 

Edited by Pheedy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked this episode, I don't know why people say it's boring, though I don't really get what 'The Stare' is, although that's possibly because I'm not any good at working simple things out... ^-^;

I liked this episode, I don't know why people say it's boring, though I don't really get what 'The Stare' is, although that's possibly because I'm not any good at working simple things out... ^-^;

the_stare__colored__by_raikoh_illust-d5a

There's fluttershy's stare. This pic is alittle creepy IMO....

but anyways the main thing i liked about this episode was Fluttershy's Lullaby. It was an okay episode, not my favorite, but i mean not the worst episode out there.

img-1255055-1-the_stare__colored__by_rai

There's fluttershy's stare. This pic is alittle creepy IMO....

but anyways the main thing i liked about this episode was Fluttershy's Lullaby. It was an okay episode, not my favorite, but i mean not the worst episode out there.

:blink: A little creepy?! 

• 1 month later...

This is my least favorite episode of season 1. This kinda started my dislike for the CMC as they were really annoying in this episode. It also felt like they were forcing the CMC and Fluttershy to interact with each other. It just felt like they would never really talk to her that much in an episode. Sweetie Bell may have been the only thing I liked about this episode. 

This is probably one of the most awesome Fluttershy episodes I have ever seen, next to Dragonshy.

When she was yelling at the cockatress, I was going, "Use THE STARE! Use THE STARE!!!"

"Hammer."
"Hammer!"
"Hammer."
"Hammer!"
"Hammer. ...Hammer!"
~CMC img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

Edited by True Rarity

First off, I have to say, this is definitely one of my favourite episodes.  BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT FLUTTERSHY WOOHOO, YE-

First of all, it shows Fluttershy's personality really well; She's a shy, unassertive, but very patient, and nice pony.

(She really bit off more than you can chew in this episode.  It's kind of an important lesson for people in authority as well; You want to be a nice camp counselor, and be patient, ideally, but there's a limit to how nice you should be, and there's a point when you start handing out punishments.  If you're too nice, and unassertive, the kids will be way too much for you to handle, and they'll be jumping all over the place, and you wouldn't be able to stop them).  

You see, the problem with Fluttershy she's used to handling animals which, compared to ponies (the humanoids of the show) is a much bigger job.  Not to mention the fact that the Cutie Mark Crusaders are crazy brutes bouncing off the walls every 5 seconds!  Poor Fluttershy.  She was only trying to be nice to Rarity.  How sweet.  Well, she could just give them the stare, right?  (Oh, wait, that only works on animals XD).

Anyways; Fluttershy, you're amazing, I love you, maybe we should go to the movies together?  I don't know... d-d-juuust... may-

Okay, as a tribute to Fluttershy, here's a picture that I drew by hand.  Enjoy:

post-14317-0-23283400-1366928435.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found this episode very intreasting especially that fluttershy found the confidence within her to take care of the cutie mark crusaders, i always found those three very eccentric laugh.png

• 3 weeks later...

This was... an odd episode, not much of a plot, and I think it's a good example of how great the show is, that even a rather lackluster episode is still extremely funny and entertaining.

I also liked the focus on the CMC just hanging out and having little adventures. Contrast to say... The Cutie Pox or Sisterhooves Social, where they're kind of angsty. Not that that's necessarily bad, just that it's nice to see them relaxed, having fun, and annoying every living creature they come across.

But am I the only one who thinks that seeing Twilight turned to stone was one of the most frightening images on the show? The most powerful cast member suddenly rendered completely helpless? Eeeesh.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely can't stand the stare.  It's way to over powered.  One should not be able to control animals just by looking them in the eye intently.  And it's even outside of character for her to just get mad at an animal.  I've never seen a timid character just go berserk mode.  I mean, sure, Pinkie has some weird gimmick, but predicting the events in 2 seconds doesn't help her defeat any ferocious monsters.

• 2 months later...

"Hush now quiet now" is the highlight of this episode for me.

I really felt like this episode lacked a plot or a strong moral though.

Edited by Judgement

• 3 weeks later...

It took Twilight about 4 hours to get to Zecora's which is like... 10 minutes into the Everfree Forest.  Despite being turned to stone you'd think that a careful and meticulous pony like Twilight would have seen and noticed the snake/chicken thing.  Also, she would have been further along regardless of when she left Fluttershy's.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually don't care as much for the CMC episodes.  They can be kind of annoying, and sometimes it feels like they get more screentime than the freakin 6.  But I really loved this one.  Flutters is undoutedly my favorite pony, and this episode once again demonstrated her amazing inner strength and showed that there is so much more to her than meets the eye.    I love how, despite her usually timid nature, she will always push aside fear and rise to the occassion when her friends are in danger.  She can't do it unless it's absolutely necessary, but if, when, and only if she's pushed, she will always come through.  And she just owns everything.  In some ways, one could argue that Fluttershy reflects Jaenelle Angelline of the Black Jewels Trilogy.  Loosely, but the similarities are there.  If her own safety is threatened, she doesn't act.  But threaten someone she cares about, and you'll awaken Witch.  (I'm referring to Black Jewels with that term.)  I love that about Fluttershy.  If I had to place my life in anypony's hooves, it would be Fluttershy's.  In a heartbeat.