NavelColt

66 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I enjoyed the episode. The CMCs were a bit annoying as others said, but they seemed to be acting like kids would, especially when you get kids together.

Poor Twilight. That was creepy.

Fluttershy was awesome.

• 2 months later...

This episode's problem can be summed up in one sentence; the CMC are annoying. That's all there is to this episode. I could say that Twilight was forced into the story, but it wasn't as bad here as in other episodes. The only other thing to say is that the design of the cockatrice is underwhelming, especially compared to the hydra in "Feeing Pinkie Keen".

Score: 3/10

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's alright. Does capture how unpredictable and impulsive kids can be at times. I do wish that Twilight played a larger role here. If you remove her from the episode, it would impact nothing. Other than that, a few good jokes and hey, it has the stare.

Edited by Cash_In

• 1 month later...

This one's annoying. And boring. The CMC and Fluttershy are opposite extremes and instead of balancing each other out, it's more of a combined feeling of annoyance and boredom. There's also Twilight being shoehorned in and the underwhelming design of the Cockatrice. 

Score: 2/10

• 1 month later...

It's okay. I like Fluttershy, not  nearly tied with Rainbow Dash as I used to, but still, I have soft spot for her, albeit a small one. I like the part where she offers to play the quiet game and that she's the world champ, got a laugh out of me. Sweetie Belle's rendition of the bedtime song amused me too. Beyond that, not much to enjoy I'll admit. Well-now that I think about it, congrats to Fluttershy for successfully staring down a cockatrice, that was cool too.

36 minutes ago, kazamacat said:

It's okay. I like Fluttershy, not  nearly tied with Rainbow Dash as I used to, but still, I have soft spot for her, albeit a small one. I like the part where she offers to play the quiet game and that she's the world champ, got a laugh out of me. Sweetie Belle's rendition of the bedtime song amused me too. Beyond that, not much to enjoy I'll admit. Well-now that I think about it, congrats to Fluttershy for successfully staring down a cockatrice, that was cool too.

Well, after staring down a full grown dragon, it was hard to find her a harder target :)

• 4 months later...
(edited)

This is a really cute episode. Just like how I find the CMC more charming than annoying in Show Stoppers, I like them here too. I was surprised when rewatching it at just how easy on the ears their voices are. I remembered them screeching a lot, but there's none of that here aside from Sweetie Belle's screaming. The only issue is with Twilight being shoehorned in, but that doesn't really affect the story in any way, so I don't think that's a big problem. Overall, a pretty solid episode.

Score: 7/10

Edited by bigbertha

• 4 weeks later...

I think the story was okay, but for some reason it made me laugh A LOT. The CMC carrying on and Fluttershy/Rarity’s reaction to it was just funny to me.

It was definitely more of a “haha” episode than a “wow amazing storyline!” episode to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

That snail crawling on Twilight's stone face is some serious nightmare fuel. 

I usually don't like this kind of small-kid-focused episode. There's a reason I told my sister I would never babysit her kids. But I liked this one for all the great Fluttershy scenes. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, SomeponySparkle said:

That snail crawling on Twilight's stone face is some serious nightmare fuel. 

I usually don't like this kind of small-kid-focused episode. There's a reason I told my sister I would never babysit her kids. But I liked this one for all the great Fluttershy scenes. 

Fluttershys stare kinda ties to some previous episodes, especially dragon shy, so that was cool to make an actual "power" for her.

Good thing the crusaders are so rambunctious, if they did not went to the forest who knows how long it would have taken to find twilight.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This episode features the CMC on one of their adventures, another mythical beast and a Fluttershy who protects. So I love this one episode too :)

Besides my bias, this episode has also some fun moments and of course this lullaby songs which also quite famous. And I though this is a really interesting name for a chicken ;)

Thanks to @DashiiizzzI know how creepy this really looks :( Never get into one of their stares ..

• Brohoof 1

Besides the CMCs can be a bit annoying at times, I think this episode is pretty cute. Not to mention, it's the first episode that introduced Fluttershy's stare, which has been used throughout the course of the series.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Kids can be unpredictable, and trouble is bound to happen if you're not careful with them. That's what I like about this episode, it's kind of an allegory for babysitting.

First, the CMC, representing the kid aspect of babysitting. It's plain to see that they were enthusiastic about getting their cutie marks, as they've been since becoming friends with one another. I can see this happening with kids whenever they get excited and start running around, or do things that would normally be considered dangerous. I'd say the same goes for babies too as seen in 'Baby Cakes'. Another thing I like is when they act how kids normally would when they encounter something scary. (There's no need to deny it, it doesn't make you weak)

There's also the mane 6, though it's mostly Fluttershy. I believe it makes sense that she would have a way to keep the animals in line in case they disobey, especially Angel Bunny. Also, it kinda makes her character more enjoyable knowing she's not completely meek. Then there's also Rarity, who is understandably stressed over the amount of work she has on her plate. Let's be honest, they are some people out there that don't know their limits and at some point, and bit off more than they could possibly chew. And there's Twilight because... why again?

Biting off more than you can chew is a nice lessons to give to kids. I also wanna think about how this can also apply to workaholics or people that just simply don't know how much they can take before they break. Then there's also the moral that you can't assume you're good at something because you are at something similar, which can be applied to artist as well. You wouldn't ask a digital artist to make a sculpture, would you? Nice episode overall, and it's always nice to see world building every once in a while.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I guess this episode is the first official CMC episode, so it does have some merit in that aspect.

I think this ep did a good job of portraying the unpredictability of kids and the trials of babysitting overall. I also think Fluttershy being one of the lead characters also helped make the episode more interesting, especially with the Everfree Forest being one of the main settings. I liked the level of danger. Also, this episode introduced THE STARE!

One of the things I always complained about was the fact that Twilight has no business being here. If you removed her from the episode, it would impact absolutely nothing. I think she should've had a slightly bigger role to justify her appearance. The CMCs as characters are fine. I don't think this episode really got their dynamic right, but it's the first one so I'll cut it some slack in that aspect. I did say that I liked the level of danger here and I thought having the Cockatrice as some unknown monster lurking the forest was neat. My only issue is that they really didn't do much with it. It's talked about, it shows up, then it's defeated. Bit of a shame really.

Like I said, it's okay. It did spawn a few good memes though. :)

Edited by Cash In
Updated thoughts

• 1 month later...

I find it quite endearing how Fluttershy shows the care she has for animals and the CMC. I found it to be pretty good, though the CMC's hyperactivity got in the way a little but, but it wasn't too bad. I liked Twilight being in this episode, though. It was funny. 

• 4 months later...

Stare Master would def be Fluttershy's secret evil alter-ego, if she ever decided to use her powers for bad. The CMCs being crazy little girls was on point, really made me want to tie them up to the bed so they would sleep. And of course, magical chickens turning people to stone, but also being able to reverse it ? I'm not sure that's how it works in mythology, but I won't complain.

Overall, it's an alright episode.

6/10, pretty mid (but better than bad)