66 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 4 months later...

This was a pretty good episode. It involved Fluttershy taking care of the Cutie Mark Crusaders and how they try to save a chicken from a cockatrice. My highlight for this episode was the part where Fluttershy sings a lullaby and I found that humorous.

• 1 month later...

One of my least favourite episodes of season 1. I don't think it's a bad episode as there are some I consider worse but there were quite a few things I did not like about Stare Master.

Starting with the positives, I liked Sweetie Belle's version of 'Hush now, Quiet now" and the cockarice was a nice addition to the dangers of the Everfree Forest.

Now for what I didn't like. The plot didn't interest me that much and the CMCs yelling got slightly annoying after the first few times.

The main flaw of the episode for me was shoehorning Twilight into the story. Granted, this was when she was the only one writing friendship reports to Celestia but she didn't really serve much of a purpose in this episode apart from writing about the lesson Fluttershy learned.

• 3 weeks later...

I adore Fluttershy, and this was pretty funny, but I feel like it's not the most creative plot- not being able to handle babysitting has been done I don't know how many times.  Plus, the whole "don't bite off more than you can chew" lesson was done in many episodes one way or another: AJ trying to harvest the entire farm, Spike with pets later on, Rarity with the dresses, etc.  I love the Crusaders, but I don't think this is one of their better episodes, either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

img-1255055-1-the_stare__colored__by_rai

There's fluttershy's stare. This pic is alittle creepy IMO....

but anyways the main thing i liked about this episode was Fluttershy's Lullaby. It was an okay episode, not my favorite, but i mean not the worst episode out there.

Holy moly i'll do whatever you say fluttershy just don't hurt me pwease :D

• 4 months later...

I kind od liked this episode, I guess :P Im not a fan of the CMC and I usually do not find alot of enjoyment in the episodes about them... But this episode was pretty good and exiting ^^

• 2 months later...

It's been nearly two years since I first watched this episode and my girlfriend and I will randomly yell "Scootaloo! Scoot-Scootaloooooo!" with the other responding "That's how you call a chicken."  So yeah, that alone made it great.  I am not great with children, but I am fantastic with animals.  So it was a great storyline for me to relate to.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I am not that into a CMC episode ever. I did love this one because of Fluttershy. She tried to watch the kids. They were douches and snuck out. She had to chase them down though, and that took guts for Fluttershy. She took care of her responsibility and saved lives. Plus.. I mean come on. Scootaloo got called a chicken. Good stuff. lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was kind of a mixed bag for me. Some things where good, while others where not so good.

I was never a fan of the S1 CMC. I found them very annoying and this episode was pretty much no exception. But that's just how i feel about it though.

Babysitting a bunch of kids is indeed alot more different then taking care of a bunch of Animals, since Animals don't deliberatly disobey you, or anything. Fluttershy didn't know that and when you're so good with animals as her, you kinda believe that the same goes for kids.

I laughed hard at the cockatrice. I heard of basilisks and Lamias before, but this just goes too far. Still, very cool design.

Till this day, i really don't know how Flutters stare is supposed to work. Is it supposed to be intimidating, hypnotic, paralyzing, or like the stare from Ghost Rider? I can't wrap my head around it.

Overall, i would say it was okay. Some things where nice, some weren't

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not much happened, except fluttershy becoming a badass at the end and saving the cmc and twilight at the end, which made the episode a lot more enjoyable. Pretty decent nonetheless though.

• 4 months later...

me at the very beggining:

-oh cool a sweetie bell + rarity combo episode

- wait no, a fluttershy episode cool

-EW NO a CMC EPISODE

plus they made them extra annoying for the jokes. i really dislike them before getting their cuttie marks and im gonna say it on every episode of theirs xD

thanks god it has flutteryshy combo too. love her hard side too. 

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

0 out of 5....

HOW DARE THEY TURN PRINCESS TWILIGHT SPARKLE INTO A STATUE!

unless....

~Discord was turned into a statue~
~Elements of harmony turn people into statues~

Princess Twilight Sparkle Assassination attempt Confirmed!

5 out of 5!

The Yellow one much be commended for her brave actions....

~Prepares Hero of the Eqestria Empire Metal! "Герой Империи" ~

1000 years moon Golag to any who oppose our Alicorn Princesses!

Edited by blackstarraven

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This Episode was also good, even though im pretty sure that a basilisc ( or whatever its spelled ) is just a giant snake and not this half chicken, half snake thing...unless the Harry Potter Movies lied to me...

• 4 weeks later...

A few funny moments, especially The Stare. But Twilight is more shoehorned here than ever, and this begins the two-season tradition of the Cutie Mark Crusaders being truly obnoxious. On top of that, the moral doesn't quite register for me in the episode proper. Fluttershy's impatient, but it's not like she's constantly hopping between tasks. At least she's pretty great in this. 

Score:

Entertainment: 4/10

Characters: 6/10

Themes: 6/10

Story: 5/10

Overall: 53/100

• 1 month later...

the stare was great! and then fluttershy finds stone twilight and is all "don't move i'll be right back!" lol. badass fluttershy taking down the cockatrice was awesome! i love that there's that tough/protective side of her...

• Brohoof 1