Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony in your opinion represents their element the best?

Clarity

Title says it all. Which of the five Elements of Harmony, excluding Twilight's Magic as her element is not an aspect of personality, do you think the five ponies represent the best? And who the least?

Applejack = Honesty

Rainbow Dash = Loyalty

Rarity = Generosity

Fluttershy = Kindness

Pinkie Pie = Laughter

Please give your reasoning and not just choose your favorite pony.

EDIT: The above is not my order.

Edited by Clarity

Pinkie Pie's laughter is easily the winner. She's always giggling.

AJ is honest, and would probably be second after Pinkie.

Fluttershy is kind, but only towards animals, because she's too shy to be kind towards anypony else.

Rainbow is... pretty loyal. I just haven't seen enough examples to put her in a higher place.

Wait, Rarity is supposed to be generous?

• Brohoof 3

Wait, Rarity is supposed to be generous?

Yes, she is or did you miss the episode where she ran herself ragged making unnecessary modifications to the dresses she had offered to make for her friends without being asked?

However, I would not say she represents her Element the most. In my opinion, that's Twilight. Even when she was breaking down, she still made with the magics. And she spends all her time trying new spells or studying magic. Pinkie has broken character before in her "nuthouse" episode.

Edit - Crap. Why exclude Twilight specifically? Okay then, I guess Pinkie is next in line.

Edit 2 - Sorry, Sugar Plum, I didn't realize you were joking.

Edited by Full Spectrum

Edit - Crap. Why exclude Twilight specifically? Okay then, I guess Pinkie is next in line.

I don't exclude Twilight because I don't like her or anything. Her Element is special, but Magic is not an element of regular friendship in our world.

Yes, she is or did you miss the episode where she ran herself ragged making unnecessary modifications to the dresses she had offered to make for her friends without being asked?

It was just a joke. To be honest, I would flip-flop RD and Rarity in my post, but everyone else says Rarity isn't generous at all, so I did it for teh lulz.

Though I agree that Twilight would be best fit, but Clarity didn't allow us to choose her.

(edited)

Clarity didn't allow us to choose her.

Clarity didn't allow us

Clarity didn't allow

I'm da baus here!

Never mind, that was kind of embarrassing >w< Edited the thread, you all can now choose Twilight. I excluded her only because friendship in our world does not make unicorn magic appear.

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 1

well considering how the entire first season was Twilight expressing her element of magic, both practically and friendship wise i can see why she was excluded.

for me its not about just representing it its about it being just apart of there character and not being chained by there element that why i don't complain when Rarity gets some what jealous and some what over needing because shes a driven by her own passions too but i'm getting off topic.

for me Applejack represents her element best, and when she had to lie you can tell she rely didn't want to there hasn't been more then one moment what see rely went out of her element.

• Brohoof 1

1. Twilight-but this is mainly because she has the easyest element to represent.

2. Pinkie pie-She is always so full of happyness and sillyness

3. Fluttershy-as Sugar Plum said, fluttershy tends to be too shy to show kindness to anything but animals.

4. Rarity-Sure, rarity was really generous when she made the dresses for the other ponys, but other than tat there are not many examples of her generosity.

5. Applejack-Applejack seem to run from the truth some times (like when she left ponyvill and then tryed to decive her freinds just because she lost a contest, or when she refused to admit that she needed help in applebuck season.

6. Rainbow dash-Loyalty is running away from your friends because you think they are annoying, right?

It was just a joke. To be honest, I would flip-flop RD and Rarity in my post, but everyone else says Rarity isn't generous at all, so I did it for teh lulz.

Though I agree that Twilight would be best fit, but Clarity didn't allow us to choose her.

and this is why you get in trouble and then ask "why do this happen to mee?!" ....when you post, you seem very serious, and that's why people get mad at you for something silly, I was about to tell why RARITY IS SO GENEROUS (sorry but I take Rarity VERY seriously, and if you don't have proof to base your argument be sure that I will give a piece of my mind on the matter), but I just saw that you were just joking around. So it's cool

rarity is least

do you know that thanks to Rarity, Rainbow Dash was able to do the Sonic Rainboom!?!?

2 reasons, Rainbow Dash needed the support of all of her friends, but they couldn't go to Cloudsdale for not being pegasus.

Do you know that Rarity was the only one to suggest that they should go to Cloudsdale to support Rainbow Dash? she convinced Twilight to use her spell on her, she could have died with that spell but she did it anyways for her friend, she sacrified herself to be the test subject of the spell in case it could go wrong. (it's MLP, of course she wouldn't die).

I admit that Rarity acted like a major b*tch in that episode (I didn't like that), but if she wasn't in danger when she got close to the sun, Rainbow Dash wouldn't be able to forget her fears and limitations to save the life of her friend.

• Brohoof 1

Whoah dude thats a really good point you've like totally changed my mind about rarity. But you must remember the entire second season is minus any acts of generosity. Thus making rarity the one who least portrays her element

Rarity is the most complex character of the mane6, she looks like she is a drama queen (she actually is) or a b*tch, but no one seems to sit there and analyze her character as deeply as I do.

You talk about season 2? ok, sweet and elite, yeah, she avoided Twilight's birthday and that was a horrible mistake, but in the end, she didn't deny her friends, and she admited in front of everyone that she did Twilight's dress, and also to be a proud pony of Ponyville. That's not just generous of her, she also very humble (as hard as it is to comprehend).

Edited by Motion Spark

I've thought about this and I've come to the conclusion that they all follow their elements well but at the same time they all differ from their element in various ways. Like Pinkie getting depressed or Fluttershy turning into assertive Fluttershy. I simply can't find one that represents their element more than the others.

I'd have to tie between Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle, because Twilight uses magic a lot of the time and Pinkie Pie hasn't really ceased in her happiness. Though I'll agree on Pinkie Pie the most, since it seems she is best at representing her element.

Pinkie Pie is number one when it comes to best representing element of haromny. Pinkie's antics always have me laughing.

AJ is second on my list, she is honest but too stubborn for her own good.

Twi gets third. Yeah she is great at magic, but that's more a skill than a personally trait.

Rarity is pretty generous, actually. Season 2 shows a lot. In Secret of My Excess, which wasn't even her episode, she showed her generosity giving her friends cloaks like the one she got inspired by. Anytime you see dresses, you know Rarity took time to make them, being generous.

• Brohoof 1

I think Fluttershy represents kindness really well (or, at least in season 1. She was pretty mean in season 2, haha)

But in my opinion, Rainbow Dash does a horrible job of representing Loyalty.

As much as I would like to support my favourite pony Fluttershy, we all saw what she could be in the Iron Will episode... XD

I have to say Pinkie Pie. There aren't very many scenes of her in the show where she doesn't laugh at some point, even at serious things. Meanwhile the others aren't always representing their element. Pinkie never lets up laughing and smiling. :)

Whoah dude thats a really good point you've like totally changed my mind about rarity. But you must remember the entire second season is minus any acts of generosity. Thus making rarity the one who least portrays her element

Challenge accepted! There is a few major cases where Rarity does demonstrate her generosity in the second season. First of all, she did eventually come around with regards to Sweetie Belle in Sisterhooves Social. Remember how much Rarity hates dirt, but agreed to be entirely covered in mud for the sake of her sister. That's also a form of generosity. Then there's Sweet and Elite, when the high class ponies asked her to attend their 3 functions in a row. She really wanted to get back to making Twilight's dress, but when the three ponies (rather stupidly, in my opinion, since they hadn't known her before that very morning) complained that there events would be ruined if she didn't go, she couldn't say no. So there are a few times she showed her generosity even in the second season.

Honestly, yeah, it's Twi. She's crazy with dat magic stuff.

But if we're going for something not completely obvious, I'd have to go for Pinkie. The most melancholy of situations don't even phase her raucous laughter.

Twilight spends such a long time practicing her magic, and it really seems that she fits the element of magic perfectly. She has spent most of her life under the Princess Celestia's wing, and has been able to hone her talents and such.