Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What animal do you most identify with?

Arylett Charnoa

I find that I most identify with cats cause I'm lazy, I'm playful, I can sleep anywhere, and I'm easily distracted by a laser pointer.

• Brohoof 2

Quoting someone important to me below during a text conversation about grocery shopping that somehow turned into a discussion about Totemic symbolism and Wiccan familiars. 

• “With the sway of south winds we flow from the blood of the Mother, small as mice and innocent yet with powerful potential in our tiny eyes.”

From where I stand, your totem would almost certainly be a mouse. 

What?

Considering my connection to owls, you might want to book it now. 

I ask what we needed from the market and somehow I find myself threatened by a Wiccan familiar. We have the most bizarre conversations, you realize that right? 

We need colby cheese

Is that a joke

Sure is. You catch on quickly

So apparently the Wiccan says I most identify symbolically with mice. I'll go with that. 

• Brohoof 2

If we're talking mythical animals, I would associate myself with the Unicorn. They are often depicted as quiet and peaceful creatures, which is how I characterize myself. I am also an introvert, so I do enjoy having time alone to reflect, especially if I can do so while surrounded by nature. 

As far as actual animals go, I think I'd be a dog. More specifically, I'd most likely be a Saluki because I also have long limbs. The breed is known to be reserved and quiet as well, which is similar to my personality. I am usually not hyper or easily excitable. :P 

10ff9d86932bb91559cae9f8505084ed.jpg

I also think it'd be pretty cool to have silky fur! :) 

• Brohoof 4

Another cat here. Traits: lazy, sarcastic, aloof while also capable of empathy, will work for food.  My favorite places to nap are sunny spots and on clean laundry fresh from the dryer. I have been told the way I contort my body while sleeping seems quite painful and exorcist-y. I'm very flexible and my balance is generally spot on. I'm also prone to moments where I think I'm fantastically awesome and then collide headlong into a wall. My go to meats are fish and chicken. I'm skilled at catching insects, mice and frogs. My Halloween costumes as a child and now as an adult are almost always some kind of cat as well. My most recognized piece of clothing is my turquoise and black Cheshire cat hoodie complete with cat ears XD

According to my psychic and various online quizzes, my Native American zodiac sign is the owl. I feel as if I identify with that animal because, like them, I am nocturnal (insomniac). I am also of a rather quiet demeanor and I am someone who judges character well just as the owl would wisely observe human society. My nature is calm but I can have a sharp wit just as the owl will use its talons and beak.

My Chinese zodiac is the dog and I identify with that as well, but more so on a deeper, detailed level. Like dogs, I am honest, straightforward, and loyal. I will love with all of my being without question and I am a big worrier.

(edited)

I think I identify most with the human.

Kidding. I guess cats. Cats are mostly introverted, they're always smarter than their humans, they don't normally like having other cats around, and they can be complete dicks if need-be.

Oh, and I could sit on my butt for days, and I like going outside at night when I probably shouldn't.

Edited by Mister Asmodeus
  • Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Venomous said:

Native American zodiac

If this wasn't from a quiz and was from a paid Medium, you may want to consider a new one. A Native American zodiac isn't a real thing I'm afraid. If it was a quiz you can ignore it. 

Mesoamerican peoples had astrology (Mayans), but no zodiac. North American tribes had no zodiac. 

If you want specific information about a Tribe, I may be able to give you some direction there. 

• Brohoof 1

Black cats. In the coven it was said they were fairly unique animals. Special beings who could see what most humans couldn't.

Resilient to eatheric manipulations, while any other animal would produce cancerous symptoms, they would simply ground the energy, disabling the stagnant pockets which would otherwise produce the tumor. So they meant good luck, a sign of life and transicion.

Since I survived the event who took the life of those within this family, many years ago. The guides told me my guardian animal, was the black cat.

And to find one would mean the beggining of my journey back home. So I had to find a nahual, which is in native lore, an skin changer.

This started my journey in the astral realm, looking after the black cat.

I'd be a fox, without question. Foxes are crafty, clever and have a sense of style. If I were an animal I'd have to have a magnificent tail like a fox has, and those beautiful colors in such perfect combination speaks of pure fashion sense. A fox has traits of both feline and canine, and that would fit me perfectly (with an emphasis on the feline though). 

A fox exhibits a few of the things I am and a few things I'd like to be. In any case, I could easily see myself as a fox. :proud:

• Brohoof 1

I dont suppose I ever "identified" with an animal but do have favorite animals like parrots and huskies but if I had to pick id say I identify at least right now as a cat. Im a night person who stays up as long as I can but once morning comes I sleep the day away

• 2 months later...

I think I'd be very close to a cat as I'm lazy, prefer to do things alone and will smack you if you touch me when I don't want to be touched. I also don't like to get my clothes dirty and often won't go near unhygienic things and overall like to be clean. Maybe it also tells something that I like to nap a lot.