• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/121-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: The Show Stoppers
Air Date: March 4, 2011
Synopsis: The Cutie Mark Crusaders sign up for a talent show hoping to discover their true life meaning and finally earn their cutie marks.

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS TALENT SHOW ENTERING, YEAH! The CMC have a varying audience, a lot of the time. Lots of people like them, others find them to be repetitive and even annoying. But really now, how can one say no to the chicken and her two dictionary friends? Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

This episode was pretty good in my opinion I don't really mind the CMC episodes.

This was stupid and funny at the same time. More stupid because the CMC ignored their ACTUAL talents and looked ridiculous at the concert. (which was one of the most hilarious parts in the series) They kind of did deserve that trophy.

I liked this episode overall but the CMC could have gotten their cutie marks in it.

Edited by ~Wubs~
  • Brohoof 2

The only CMC episode I actually liked a lot this season.

The song was actually surprisingly good even though it was meant to be bad. xD

The episode was pretty funny. It was even good to see what their talents will be.

I think my favorite moment of this episode was at the end. Applejack and Rarity came back stage to congratulate their sisters on winning, but Rainbow Dash was there as well, for Scootaloo :3 As a big fan of Scootalove, and the concept of Dash acting as a surrogate sister figure to Scoots, this moment was very cool. The show writers were not at all obliged to include Dash, but they did anyway, and that attention to detail is key. It's part of why this show is awesome.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

I really loved the CMC them they did for the talent show, but I really think that it was really cute and adorable with the weird outfits. Plus the. I also found it pretty funny that Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo switched their jobs.

This really made me think about something. What if, because Scootaloo sings pretty weirdly, Rainbow Dash doesn't get her own song. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I think my favorite moment of this episode was at the end. Applejack and Rarity came back stage to congratulate their sisters on winning, but Rainbow Dash was there as well, for Scootaloo :3 As a big fan of Scootalove, and the concept of Dash acting as a surrogate sister figure to Scoots, this moment was very cool. The show writers were not at all obliged to include Dash, but they did anyway, and that attention to detail is key. It's part of why this show is awesome.

It's funny; I had the same reaction. The first time I saw this episode, I thought nothing of it, because I had not yet discovered the insidious flavor of waifu that is Scootalove. After I "got it", I had a strong reaction to Dash showing up for her little friend.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

This was a fun episode; not much else I can really say about it other than that, since it's not a particularly serious episode. The CMC, as expected, get into all types of shenanigans, culminating in their wonderfully disastrous performance (and quite frankly a delightfully witty send-up on Daniel Ingram's part to the hilarious, over-the-top cheesiness of 80's pop and rock groups! :lol: ). I still remember the first time I saw that scene; my mouth was literally hanging open the entire time, I simply could not believe how bad, and yet at the same time how good, that song was!!!!! I know that it's not everyponies favorite episode, and it's certainly not one of mine, but like I said, what else can ya really say, other than this is a really funny episode with a light, but still important, message about discovering your talents? Well, that, and the terrifying image of the CMC in their costumes is forever seared in my mind. :unsure: Thanks show! ^_^

Posted Image

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, this was an awesome and ADORABLE episode! And I was sure Sweetie Belle should sing, Scootaloo should do dance, and Apple Bloom should do costumes. After they each saw the other do it really well, they should have realized who should have done each task!

And I really, REALLY hoped Sweetie Belle would sing in the middle of the song and make everything awesome! But, she didn't...

The CMC song in this episode was awesome!!!

It also basically tells you what their cutie marks are though, even though I kinda like that. Knowing what their special talents are is a little refreshing because they fail at everything else...

I actually like the CMC and don't hurt me but I like the song in this episode kinda, I think maybe with a few places that could use better vocals and it'd be actually pretty darn good. 

Also hearing Twilight say "My Little Ponies" is for some reason just awesome. :P. Dunno why, maybe its adorable, maybe its just cool or awesome, idk but i like it :P.

• Brohoof 2

I love that Twilight Sparkle kept saying "My Little Ponies."  I don't know why, but I really get a kick out of that.  Celestia says it in another episode, but I forget which one. 

Yeah, I think "My Little Ponies" just adds a clever twist to the episode. Why call the show "My Little Pony" if you're not going to use the phrase in the actual show?

I actually like the CMC and don't hurt me but I like the song in this episode kinda, I think maybe with a few places that could use better vocals and it'd be actually pretty darn good. 

Also hearing Twilight say "My Little Ponies" is for some reason just awesome. tongue.png. Dunno why, maybe its adorable, maybe its just cool or awesome, idk but i like it tongue.png.

Again, it is really cool to hear them say "My Little Ponies".

And I agree about the song!

• 1 month later...

Ah this episode. I remember it well. I really liked Sweetie Bell's cute singing. The end part was good. I always thought the CMC sang well in a group.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This episode has the absolute best song in the series in my opinion, who's to say the CMC won't get their cutie marks in music?

Look at all those adoring faces at 2:27!

In all seriousness, I highly doubt the CMC will get their cutie marks in what seems obvious (Sweetie Belle: singing, Apple Bloom: interior decorating, Scoots: ???). An episode where they get the cutie marks everyone expects them to get would be quite... Lame, for lack of a better word.

This episode has the absolute best song in the series in my opinion, who's to say the CMC won't get their cutie marks in music?

Look at all those adoring faces at 2:27!

In all seriousness, I highly doubt the CMC will get their cutie marks in what seems obvious (Sweetie Belle: singing, Apple Bloom: interior decorating, Scoots: ???). An episode where they get the cutie marks everyone expects them to get would be quite... Lame, for lack of a better word.

It's weird, I hear that a lot of people likes this song. Personally, I don't really like it at all, though for some reason, I love two particular remixes of it.

I have thought about something in this episode. The cutie mark crusaders wants their cutie mark very much and ASAP (OBVIOUSLY, DUH)and they try a bunch of different things. Twilight Sparkle knows what their talents are and she's expecting that for example, Sweetie Belle will sing. When she hears that's not the case, why did she not tell them to stick to whatever they are good at after the show? I mean, and tell them exactly what that is too. Maybe it's because she wants them to discover it themselves? As already said in the show "You will get your cutie mark when you find out your true talent"

oh and btw this is quite funny:

Sweetie Belle: Break a leg! c:

Apple Bloom: SWEETIE BELLE! What a thing to say! :c

Edited by Jokuc

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably the episode that I've rewatched the least, I can count the amount of times I've seen it on one hand haha... I don't hate it though, I especially like the montage near the start. I find the song a little grating though...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to say the episode really got me with the song. I really hate how Cheerilee consider the song to be comedy. I mean how could she... just laugh at them.

I don't think that Cheerilee would ever do anything malicious, especially to her students.  I think it was just an honest mistake.  She was trying to be supportive by telling them how funny they were - thinking that was what they were going for.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...