73 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 2 weeks later...

The whining part gets me every time. :lol: Who would have thought Tabitha St. Germain could still pull off a squeaky Kootie Pie voice? However, it's almost in the sense of the SpongeBob episode "Stuck in the Wrinter" where the lesson is crying will make your problems go away.

One of the better episodes in Season One. Established a few key traits about Rarity, followed through on the crush Spike has (continuity for the win), and continued the foundation that these friends still had a lot to learn about each other. It was just freaking hilarious and tons of fun. Spike's line to Twilight was also a highlight.   ^_^

9/10 and in my top ten. :D

• Brohoof 2

*SPOILERS*

This is my favorite episode. Rarity is showing the Diamond Dogs that just because she is a lady, doesn't mean she can't handle herself. She explains how you can fight back even if you are a fashionista. Sure maybe in not the same qualities but it works.

I can't believe though she got kidnapped. That is insane. At least she got saved the same day or else this would have to be a 2 parter lol.

More importantly this episode shows you the compassion and caring side from Spike. He cares about Rarity and would do anything to save her.

Enjoy some Diamond Dogs and Spike:

Giveup.png

20130824120619!Rarity_kissing_Spike_clos

• 1 month later...

First time I saw this one, I hated it!  I thought the Diamond Dogs were pretty annoying and at the time I wasn't a huge fan of Rarity.  The second time around, I really enjoyed it.  It was pretty hilarious.  I mean, imaginary buff Spike.  XD  Plus the Dogs and Rarity both grew on me a lot.

With Rarity kept offscreen throughtout act 2 (except in the characters' imaginations) I actually thought this episode ended up being more about Spike - or at least, just as much about him. And for that, while I still thought it was only decent, it was still probably Spike's best episode all the way through season 3. 

But Rarity kinda returned the favor by stealing the show in The Secret of My Excess.  ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rarity's whining/crying just goes to show you that, even a unicorn like her can bring down a group of ruthless diamond dogs. Plus, her whining made me laugh so much. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPPqdbcVwM

This explains why. LOL

Until I saw "Party of One", this was hands down the funniest episode of Season 1 for me, and it's still really close between it and "Party of One".  Both Spike and Rarity are absolutely hilarious throughout the episode, Rarity proves that she can handle herself in her own way, and the Diamond Dogs both made some of the best pop culture references of the show to date but also became unique and original characters in and of themselves.  Of course, the biggest staying point of the episode remains Rarity's antics; after all, it's not the greatest ensemble episode, and Spike, despite being awesome, still doesn't do that much.  But Rarity?  Sweet Celestia, Tabitha St. Germain is simply a revelation throughout the episode; if "Suited for Success" convinced me that Rarity was a great character, this episode convinced me that she's one of the funniest, and solidified my appreciation for the unique style of humor she brings to the show.

Finally, it contained what very well may be still the greatest and most memorable extended monologue from any character in Season 1:

img-1277158-1-laugh.png img-1277158-2-laugh.png img-1277158-3-laugh.png

All in all, this episode is one of the cleverest parodies that Studio B has done yet of the typical and increasingly girly drivel that was produced by Hasbro from G1-G3, and remains one of the all time funniest episodes of the show.

love it , love it , love, it .  nice one rarity, :D  :please:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I found this episode extreamly entertaining, I liked the concept of the diamond dogs. Anyway some people may call this episode cheesy at times, I just found the Spike Rarity moments a bit funny :P

Some people complain about Rarity in this episode, I can't really see why... She whined to gain control over the diamond dogs... So manipulative... I love it :catface:

I liked it, how Rarity was not so helpless, and those dreams of Spike... even though I am thoroughly against the RarityxSpike ship, I laughed so hard when he was dreaming  :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked this episode. I loved the Diamond Dogs as villains. I actually am making sculptures of them (mainly because Hasbro hasn't produced any merch of them, so I figured I would make my own  :) )

Anyway, the "Elements of Harmony" official guidebook has listed the Diamond Dogs as Fido, Rover, and Spot, but I'm unsure which is which (the book doesn't specify).

Does anyone know which Diamond Dog is which?

Thanks in advance  ;)   :D

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

this was one of my favorite episodes with Rarity, which by the way, there is speculation that the WWE wrestler John Cena made a vague reference to Rarity's quote, there is a video about it on youtube somewhere, it is quite paraphrased and could be seen as a coincidence, but i wouldn't know, i haven't followed WWE since it was still called WWF, lol.  but anyway, people claim he mentioned something about MLP on his twitter but this happened such a long while ago i can't find proof of the tweet.

anyways...  i like how this episode is of few episode treading carefully on a potentially dark premise.  Rarity was kipnapped and forced into slavery...  that is heavy.  fortunately enough, Diamond Dogs, as supposedly cunning as they are, are only so cunning compared to Rarity, and she basically turned the tables on them using her wit and feminine personality against them.

realistically, this isn't the best moral to teach to kids "if you ever get abducted kids, just annoy your kidnappers until they let you go", but oh well, i take it with a grain of salt, i honestly don't care if a moral makes perfect sense, as long as an episode is fun and clever in other ways.

Edited by Nikola Xerdav

• 3 months later...

This was finally the episode where i started to appreciate Rarity for what she was.

The take on the classic rescuing of the damsel in the distress. was put totally upside down here. The rest of the mane 6 and Spike all have this horror Scenario of being scared to the bone, while trying to rescue her. When they arrive, Rarity pretty much rescued herself with her "classy" wits. Just because she is a lady, dosen't mean she can't defend herself.

The Episode is also famous for futher establishing Spikes crush on Rarity. I like the little day dream he has as the knight in shining armor (heh heh pun intended) rescuing his lady and even using Twilight as his horse.

The Diamond Dogs have a really cool design and the way they talk reminds me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings, which was pretty much parodied in the Episode. Just wish we could see more of them.

Overall, very good episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Loved this one so much, intense and hilarious at the same time, the diamond dogs were very good aswell, their voiceover was well made and their character overall was fantastic.