• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/123-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Green Isn't Your Color
Air Date: March 18, 2011
Synopsis: Rarity recruits Fluttershy as a model in hopes of impressing a famous designer with her dresses, but it's Fluttershy's modeling career that takes off instead!

Caam nao Flootershy, ve must be on our way, we have dat thing at da place. You shall strut your stuff, and show the camera...DA MAGICZ. Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 4

Another one that was good, but not part of my favorites.

I did like Pinkie Pie in this episode, but I didn't like the whole, "You can't tell the other about this." I hate it when their are moments when you can solve so many problems with one simple thing but you won't do it.

Netherless, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were awesome. Rarity had her moments as well.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Once again, another one of the funnier episodes from Season 1.  Fluttershy and Rarity are unfortunately a pair that haven't appeared together too much since, and that's a shame because they're really fun together in this episode!  The "gift of the Magi" story arc that essentially ends up being played out (though in MLP's own unique and original way) is excellently executed, and it's very understandable how such a miscommunication could occur between these two ponies, one being so concerned with proper social behavior and not keeping her friend from being successful, and the other so kind she'd do anything to not let her friend down.  Twilight's subplot also presents both an understandable quandary for a friend caught in the middle of a dispute such as this trying to help both parties while also presenting some very lively and amusing humor, compliments of Pinkie Pie.  Some of the outfits Fluttershy and Rarity appear in are too cute, proving quite handily that these two are easily the most naturally graceful of the Mane 6.  Oh yeah, and Photo Finish... she's funny.

mellow.png ...

mellow.png ...

mellow.png ...

cool.png OK, fine, ya got me, I got more to say about her than that!  Aside from the Diamond Dogs, Photo Finish might easily be the funniest one-shot supporting character of Season 1.  The character design, the accent, her mannerisms, even her movements, it's all just freakin' hilarious every second she's on screen!!! laugh.png  Definitely in my Top 5 for one-shot supporting characters I'd love to see return to the show.

So, all in all, "Green Isn't Your Color" is a hilarious and fun episode with a unique pairing among the Mane 6, a good lesson for both the protagonists and deuteragonist (i.e. Twilight), some great animation, and a fantastic one-shot supporting character.  Once again, as so often is the case, Studio B makes DA MAGICZ!!!!! biggrin.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

Question: If green isn't Fluttershy's color, then why are all her dresses green? Green's awesome!!!!

Either:

a) It's not Fluttershy's colour because she hates the attention on her, it makes her look good but it's not who she is.

B) Rarity wants the attention Fluttershy is getting, but she can't have it, green isn't her colour, it's Fluttershy's.

c) Feeling green means feeling jealous, Rarity goes mad with jealousy even though she knows she shouldn't be feeling that way towards a friend.

Pretty good title when you think about it, works on a few levels.

This is probably one of my top 5 episodes. Just about flawless really, the main plot with Rarity and Fluttershy is good, the sideplot with Twilight and Pinkie is hilarious, and PHOTO FEENISH IS ZE BEST CHARACTEAR TO APPEAR ON ZE SHOW.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I haven't seen this episode, I saw the transcript and the gallery on the Wikipedia. AND I CAN'T WAIT TO ACTUALLY SEE IT!!!!

It is only after you see this episode that you truly understand the importance of the true "Pinkie Promise": "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

Even though I haven't seen this episode, I saw the transcript and the gallery on the Wikipedia. AND I CAN'T WAIT TO ACTUALLY SEE IT!!!!

It is only after you see this episode that you truly understand the importance of the true "Pinkie Promise": "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

STOP POSTING AND YOUTUBE IT!!!! BEST EPISODE EVER!!!

although it isn't until The Last Roundup that you see why Pinkie Promises are serious business.

STOP POSTING AND YOUTUBE IT!!!! BEST EPISODE EVER!!!

although it isn't until The Last Roundup that you see why Pinkie Promises are serious business.

Well, today I saw it... and it was truly amazing!

I think my favorite part was when Twilight stuck her head in a flowerpot.

"Cross my heart, and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my - OW!!!"

~Twilight ohmy.png

I can definitely relate to Twlight and Pinkie pie for not wanting Twlight to spill the secrets. I have a friend who constantly goes behind my back and I feel I can never trust her.

That happened to me once. I never trusted her again.

But, more to the point, Pinkie Pie was really being a true friend in this episode. We really see the other side of her here!

But, more to the point, Pinkie Pie was really being a true friend in this episode. We really see the other side of her here!

What do you mean? If you mean that Pinkie Pie wasn't in her usual crazy antics, I still think she was. I mean, she did lock her mouth, throw away the key, bury it, and move on a house on top of it.laugh.png

But I think all of the mane 6 are uaually all pretty good friends to each other. If you mean be serious, you must see Too Many Pinkie Pies. That was very good.

What do you mean? If you mean that Pinkie Pie wasn't in her usual crazy antics, I still think she was. I mean, she did lock her mouth, throw away the key, bury it, and move on a house on top of it.img-1402409-1-laugh.png

But I think all of the mane 6 are uaually all pretty good friends to each other. If you mean be serious, you must see Too Many Pinkie Pies. That was very good.

well, Pinkie's ALWAYS going to be crazy, but there're real feelings behind her wildness.

like Swarm of the Century - everything Pinkie did made perfect sense, it's just that she couldn't make herself understood

Secrets are serious business to Pinkie Pie - and seeing as how Fluttershy and Rarity made up without Twilight having to interfere, she was right. If Twilight had told Fluttershy Rarity was jealous of her happiness, or told Rarity Fluttershy hated Rarity's dream, it could've ended badly.

well, Pinkie's ALWAYS going to be crazy, but there're real feelings behind her wildness.

like Swarm of the Century - everything Pinkie did made perfect sense, it's just that she couldn't make herself understood

Secrets are serious business to Pinkie Pie - and seeing as how Fluttershy and Rarity made up without Twilight having to interfere, she was right. If Twilight had told Fluttershy Rarity was jealous of her happiness, or told Rarity Fluttershy hated Rarity's dream, it could've ended badly.

The lesson really is true. Pinkie is one of my favorite characters and she seems to have the same values as me. It's hard to have a friend who doesn't trust you.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite episodes. I really like how this episode was about jealousy amongst friends. It happens quite often in real life, and makes this episode very relatable to viewers.

I know Photo Finish isn't supposed to be Lady Gaga, but I must admit it was the first thing that came to mind...besides the accent.

Lol my first Idea was Lady Gaga too! And now I cant really get rid of this idea :D everytime I watch the episode Lady Gaga idea pops in my min. I find the accent and the way Photo finish acts pretty funny

• 2 months later...

Another episode that I enjoyed very much.

Very nice opening scene in the beauty salon - it shows how close Rarity and Fluttershy were to each other. Rarity begging Fluttershy looked very amusing. Their friendship is so strong that even in such a role reversal and completely opposite thoughts on this, they showed that they care more about the happiness of the other one. Maybe it was stupid that they didn't tell a truth themselves before but what is not done not to hurt someone for whom we care?

Like in other episodes i really love Rarity facial expressions (which also goes well with her body language) - and here were a lot of good scenes with her.

However, most I feel sorry for Twilight, oh poor she, had to eat soil at the end to not blurt out but failed anyway.

• 1 month later...

Well, when I saw Photo Finish, there was something coming into my mind. If Photo Finish would've been a stallion, it most likely would've been a ponyfied version of him:

Karl-Lagerfeld.jpg  (Karl Lagerfeld)

Does anyone actually agree? I actually think her character was based on him but that's just my opinion :muffins: (Besides I swear I heard her say "Wunderbar" in the episode, meaning of it would be "wonderful". Since Karl Lagerfeld is german, it would make sense, don't you think?)

I think it was a great episode, especially because of Pinkie being everywhere! xD No matter where Twilight went, Pinkie was always waiting in the shadows, reminding her that she should never break her promise. :3

Edited by Lunatic Cake

One of my all-time favorite episodes. I feel that it's one of the deeper episodes in terms of plot content, in a good way, and all the characters including Photo Finish are amazing in it. The premise of not telling someone how you really feel about a situation and it going both ways is very relatable I think, overall I feel this is an episode that hits all the plot and entertainment notes in the right way- simply astounding. :D

• 1 month later...

So, I was watching this episode and I noticed something... kind of out there but hear me out.

So Photo Finish, she has a blue coat and a white mane, she also likes to talk in the third person. Those colors and personality traits reminds me of The Great and Powerful Trixie.

Does anyone think they may be related somehow?

• 1 month later...

Man... I didn't post in this one yet... well anyway I really loved this episode here.. but I think for one reason... Fluttershy...

Also I loved how Photo Finish said Fluttershy's name... how do you spell it...

I usually can't stand "jealous friend" plotlines, especially in children's animation, as these storylines are usually hamfisted and utterly forced. It's one of my least favorite tropes in writing, yet somehow translated into one of my favorite MLP episodes.

I think this is because the characters do not behave in the traditional, trite, stereotypically "jealous" manner that most media depicts. Rather than becoming snarky or mean-spirited toward Fluttershy, thereby straining their friendship, Rarity goes to great lengths to hide her jealousy and be supportive of Fluttershy's career anyway. This is very realistic and very human, as we often feel envy for other people but still love those people and want the best for them.

The moment when Rarity stands up for Fluttershy by applauding her in order to save her from the humiliation of a disapproving crowd is her crowning moment of the episode. Despite how jealous she is, despite how much she wants to be in the spotlight, despite any resentment she might be feeling, Rarity stands up for her friend and sticks her neck out for her because that's what a good friend does.

The episode feels very genuine, and the friendship between Fluttershy and Rarity feels very relatable.

• Brohoof 5