73 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

• 2 weeks later...

I liked this episode. It's definitely a good one.  I felt for both Fluttershy and Rarity though. Still it had a good ending and morale and lesson.

• 3 months later...

If this is what models have to go through, I don't think I want to become one.

So this episode is about Rarity and Fluttershy hiding their feelings because they're afraid that the other will hate them for it. This, in my opinion, is very understandable. No one wants to hurt their friend, whether it'd physically, mentally, or emotionally. So to me, it makes sense that these two would not want to tells them 'less they unintentionally hurt the other. There's also Twilight and Pinkie Pie, who I kinda feel is just there to serve as filler for the episode, not as much as Spike at least.

My problem with the episode is how Rarity, in my eyes, is trying to impress to wrong pony. Yes, having a famous photographer like Photo Finish's approval is great, but unless you are well known in the fashion department (which Rarity most likely isn't in the first season), I doubt they would pay you any attention to you or your products. Another is how Photo Finish hires Fluttershy to be her model. Now, I have almost zero knowledge on what models have to go through and how they are hired, but I'm pretty sure there need's to be a contract to know that Fluttershy is working for them.

I think this episode is memorable for its cast of characters like Photo Finish and Pinkie Pie. It does have ups and downs with the conflict and how its played out its conflict and moral, though I don't think they spoil the episode for what they intended to teach the kids.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
(edited)

I liked how it lampshaded people's love for "woobie cuteness" and how it showed the complex struggle in trying to spare others from your feelings.

Spoiler

The latter part is also one of the problems Fluttershy experienced in "Bird in the Hoof."

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

• 10 months later...

This is le jealousy episode. It's pretty standard, but I found it quite enjoyable. I liked how it took advantage of Flutter's and Rarity's character traits, which did make it far more interesting than most shows when they do the jealously bit.

Twilight and Pinkie are just kinda there, not really serving that much purpose, but at least the jokes were good!

Pretty enjoyable Fluttershy/Rarity episode. One of the more underrated ones for sure. :)

Edited by Cash In
Updated thoughts

• 1 month later...

Valuable life lesson as I said before, but re-watching it again made me appreciate the lesson even more because of it's relevance to me. Pinkie didn't serve any purpose in this episode, though, I liked Twilight's role in it. Photo Finish is an enjoyable character for me. 

• 3 months later...

Rarity, what are you doing here again ? I don't know why S1 did that, but they paired Rarity with almost everyone (except Pinkie for some reason). Now Rarity is jealous the Fluttershy's more popular, beautiful and elegant than her. Newsflash Rar, she always was. But yeah, it sucks when a friend you introduce to something you're good at becomes better than you real quick, so I can't judge.

5-0.5/10, not bad for a Rarity episode, but I don't care for Photo Finish so it gets a penalty.

Edited by Hadrien