NavelColt

76 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I like this episode because it really builds characters like twilight not always being a perfect student also this this ties in with The Mane 6 Death CreepyPasta

I would say it was actually really good! I liked it! I loved learning how the Mane 6 got there cutie marks. It was overall almost the best episode in season one in my opinion. Almost.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I voted i like it but now i want to vote that i love it xD

nothing else than nobody said: loved to see how they got their cutie marks. them being connected since then even without knowing its very beautiful. also love to see fluttershy discovering earth. 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This Episode was great^^Even though i normally thought that Twilight is the leader and now it seems, that she and all of her Friends would have failed, if Rainbow Dash wasnt there, so i am a bit angry. XD Also, she was able to do a Sonic Rainboom as a Child? Why did she have Problems with it as an Adult then and shouldnt it de difficult as a child? And why is it called a Legend, if it already happened years before and the dudes who even said that the Sonic Rainboom wasnt real, were actually there, what sense does this make?

• 4 weeks later...

The actual stated moral here is easily the weakest in the whole season. Just totally worthless. But this episode compensates with a bunch of strong mini-morals in each of the flashback stories, especially Applejack's, though Fluttershy's and Twilight's lag ever so slightly in this regard. And altogether I just think all of these flashbacks are incredibly charming, and I always enjoy seeing a bit of these characters' pasts. As brief as they are, each one has a solid emotional underpinning, and there's just an endless amount of creativity on display here. Twilight's magical outburst, Fluttershy's little song, "And that's how Equestria was made!," Applejack with an upper crust accent, all of this is just absolutely delightful start to finish, and even the coincidence wrapping it all together is cute. Were it not forced to tack on a flimsy moral to tie it all together, this would easily be a perfect episode, but even as is it's one of the show's best. 

Score:

Entertainment: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Themes: 7/10

Story: 10/10

Overall: 93/100

• 3 months later...

Rainbow’s filly voice is adorable!

Loved seeing them all as kids. Loved that it was Rainbow’s special sonic rain boom that helped get them their cutie marks.

Young Macintosh is cute.

I like the continuation that Fluttershy has flying issues when she’s scared/nervous/etc.

Twilight’s power out of control is scary.

Ah, Pinkie hair! 

How long was Rarity dragged by her horn? :lol:

Applejack needs more freckles now.

Great episode! 

• 1 month later...

a great episode but looking back on it now, i wonder why other students of celestia's school for gifted unicorns don't also have dragons if it was needed for the entrance exams

• 4 weeks later...

This episode is fantastic. I love all of the backstories of the mane six and the CMC are enjoyable here too. The ending was reallly sweet and the episode was surprisingly funny.

The only issue is that Scootaloo's dialogue was very one-note. Almost all of her lines amount to, "We need to see Rainbow Dash" or "These stories are sappy".

Score: 10/10

• 4 months later...

I nailed it in my last review. The backstories are all really entertaining and the ending is really sweet. The CMC do hold the episode back somewhat, but not enough to drop it down a point. This just makes me want another episode like this. There's so much potential for more stories from the mane six's past but I guess the show is too busy with pointless additions to expand on already existing ideas.

Score: 10/10

• 3 months later...
On 2/11/2014 at 11:06 AM, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

WARNING: Do NOT read if you love Rainbow Dash

CAUTION: I will not reply to anyone who quotes this.

This I strictly my opinion and I stand by it no matter what anyone throws at me. I have nothing else to say but this: Let the hate begin.

This episode would have been better to me if the ending was changed..

Two things:

1. RainbowDash's Sonic RainBoom basically brought the mane 6 together.

2.After her RainBoom was witnessed, the rest of the mane 6 realized their destinies or got their marks.

This is complete bull.

This episode is basically saying that RainbowDash is THE most important character of the entire show; even out-staging Twilight Sparkle.

It's saying that Rainbow has the biggest impact over any other character.

Apparently, that Sonic RainBoom has god-like powers or something. It made Twilight turn into her all-powerful magic state for god's sake!

This is unfair to the rest of the mane 6.

Last time I checked, Rainbow is NOT the main character.

This episode was frustrating to me after we found out that Rainbow was the one who ultimately brought the girls together.

Why her? Why not Princess Celestia?

I know in the season 4 premiere, AppleJack says something along the lines of "The elements of harmony brought us together".

According to The Cutie Mark Chronicles, Rainbow brought them together.

Rainbow is a Mary-sue.

Still a better character than racist stereotype Applejack. 

• 1 month later...

Great episode, it was so satisfying to learn about how the mane 6 got their cutie marks! We learned that pinkies childhood was depressing, we learned that AJ left her family for a while, we knew RD was cool and amazing before but we got confirmation she was awesome in such a young ageB). We got to know shy was either older then dash or taller when they were younger. We learned how celestia met twilight and how spike came to be. Raritys story was the only one I didn't like. And rainbows rainbow connected them all! 9/10  

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just rewatched this with the Equestria Daily viewers, it was a really fun episode! It's great how they tied everything together so well via the CMC, leading up to the rainboom that connected all of the Mane Six's stories. On top of that, there were a lot of great faces and moments throughout!

A_big_group_hug_S1E23.thumb.png.78899bbb3ed02fdf41a4cf4e254db5dd.png

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...

Pinkie Pie is, of course, not the most reliable of narrators. It’s quite possible that she didn’t actually grow up on a rock farm. Instead, it was just some kind of awful unhappy drudgery. Could’ve been farm work or scrubbing floors or whatever.

But at some point, it occurred to her that the idea of a rock farm was more amusing than the awful boring truth. So that’s the way she tells it now.

• 2 months later...

This was a great episode, the Mane 6 flashbacks about how they got their cutie marks was awesome, and So Many Wonders is a great song, but the best part is Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom that caused the Mane 6 to get their cutie marks.

10/10

• 6 months later...

Honestly, telling the stories of the mane sixes cutie marks is so mandatory. And it's really well done. I love it

The individual stories fit the characters and as we also learned their are connected together. Really sweet :catface: 

Of course this episode becoming also really important later again

What I also really like is this episode coming pretty late. This show has introduced, explained cutie marks and with the CMC giving also pretty important emphasis on how important this is. And after this been perfectly setup over a longer arch (season 1) near at the end of it we're getting this.

And I'll never forgot Scoots face :scoots: or how Equestria was made

• 4 months later...

So now we know the mane 6's backstories. I mean, the character building isn't bad

I like the episode for the stuff we can unpack about the mane 6 regarding their origins as well as more about the world building in Equestria from the backstories. MLP's version of Manhattan, Junior flight school, Pinkie's rock farm, the like. There are a few plot holes and stereotypes to be seen, especially Applejack's story in Manehattan, but I think they barely scratch what is a rather interesting stories. Plus some of their reactions boost the enjoyability, even if by a little.

For what I don't like, I think the biggest thorn on my side is Scootaloo's hastiness to see Rainbow Dash. I can understand kids wanting to learn from a certain someone's view on something instead of someone else's, but the episode made it sound like she was the driving force to leaning about how to get their cutie marks. The biggest instance was after Rarity's story when she said 'They're all about finding who you really are and boring stuff like that!' That line right there feels like she's being ignorant about what a cutie mark is supposed to mean, a symbol of their talent / destiny.

This episode is good for many reasons. Scootaloo's hastiness bugs me to no end, but it's technically the driving force of the episode, so I can't be too mad. Other than that, it's good to know more about the main characters. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if some can relate to their stories.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
(edited)

I'm a bit conflicted about this episode. The ideas are really good, but I felt that the execution was a bit lacking.

So first thing, getting to see the backstories for the Mane 6 was actually quite neat. The idea that they all got their cutie marks at the exact same time because of the rainboom was really cool. The thing is, I did feel that some of them clearly had better backstories than the others. I thought Fluttershy and RD's were actually quite weak to be honest. AJ's and Twi's were really good though.

I think I would've liked this episode more if it was split into two and gave more depth and detail into their backstories. I guess I'm more critical because I saw more potential here and I wish it wasn't rushed. And yes, I know the whole point of the episode was that Scootaloo was hurrying everyone to hear RD's story, but still. Am I expecting too much from this kind of show? Yeah probably.

Despite my complaints, I do like this episode. I just felt that there was more potential here. :)

Edited by Cash In
Updated thoughts