NavelColt

76 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This episode was an awesome back story episode. It showed Rainbow Dash doing the infamous Sonic Rainboom as a filly that was talked about in an episode from earlier in the season, it showed where Spike came from, and it helped to round the rest of the main six. Not to mention how funny the CMC are every time. 

• 4 weeks later...

WARNING: Do NOT read if you love Rainbow Dash

CAUTION: I will not reply to anyone who quotes this.

This I strictly my opinion and I stand by it no matter what anyone throws at me. I have nothing else to say but this: Let the hate begin.

This episode would have been better to me if the ending was changed..

Two things:

1. RainbowDash's Sonic RainBoom basically brought the mane 6 together.

2.After her RainBoom was witnessed, the rest of the mane 6 realized their destinies or got their marks.

This is complete bull.

This episode is basically saying that RainbowDash is THE most important character of the entire show; even out-staging Twilight Sparkle.

It's saying that Rainbow has the biggest impact over any other character.

Apparently, that Sonic RainBoom has god-like powers or something. It made Twilight turn into her all-powerful magic state for god's sake!

This is unfair to the rest of the mane 6.

Last time I checked, Rainbow is NOT the main character.

This episode was frustrating to me after we found out that Rainbow was the one who ultimately brought the girls together.

Why her? Why not Princess Celestia?

I know in the season 4 premiere, AppleJack says something along the lines of "The elements of harmony brought us together".

According to The Cutie Mark Chronicles, Rainbow brought them together.

Rainbow is a Mary-sue.

Edited by Samurott77

• 3 weeks later...

I was introduced to the show with the first two episodes, but the next episode I was shown was this one. This was what really, honestly hooked me to the show. The interactions, the song, the pure unbridled cuteness of the young Fluttershy, it all just slayed me. As such, I have always held this episode in special regard. Also, young Dashie's hair <3

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

I would've thought this would have been better as the finale than the one they had simply because it gives the back-stories of the mains. Don't get me wrong, I loved the finale, but I think that learning more about them before they had their cutie marks would've been a better ending of the season. 

• 4 weeks later...

One of my favorite episodes! And we need more flashback episodes like this one.

My favorite flashback is Twilight's story, how she studied hard, the exam, the "Yes yes yes...", her powerful state...

Pinkie Pie's story is original too. :) Though we don't see Maud Pie...

Edited by Blobulle

• 2 weeks later...

Usually, when a show does tie-ins like this, then tend to be forced and unbelievable.  This one did things quite nicely, even though they took a complete dump on the laws of science with it.  But hey, that's the magic of friendship, right?

• 1 month later...

I love this episode because they all were so cute when they were fillies! But if Fluttershy hadn't been bullied by the group of boys, then RD never would've never had the chance to perform the Sonic Rainboom. But i guess the weak flying goes to Fluttershy's parents (??) for the genes (??), and the bullying goes towards the boys for being jerks so ya. Im really confused now…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this episode so much! So funny how pinkie pies hair was straight until RD's sonic rain boom and also the gigantic smile she had after! I wish they had more back story episodes for the mane 6. Helps me to relate better to the characters.

I loved how sweet it was and that they lampshaded the saccharine parts instead of making me go awww :eww: awwww :eww:

There are other episodes (and whole shows) that I think needed a little bit of that recognition that they went a bit too sappy.  breezies that literally everybody awwed over when they looked to me like mosquitoes with faces  One ewww [or meh] (maybe from spike or scoots?) would have pushed that episode up a lot for me, but the fact that everybody liked them was just too much for me.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Watched this again last night and had a thought: If Dash's sonic rainboom helped all the mane 6 to get their cutie marks, do you think there's a chance it also caused any other ponies to get theirs? Or possibly had some other kind of effect? I mean, it was such a strong explosion that it cracked open a huge rock filled with gems and also sent a magical shockwave through Twilight, what if it gave a sudden magical power boost to somepony else or woke an ancient evil from its long slumber?

• Brohoof 3

Probably my favorite S1 episode by far. Just the way the story interacts with itself and just goes together. But I do see the frustration with the fact that RD was the basic cause of all of their cutie marks to appear. Now, I love Rainbow Dash, but that makes her way more popular than the other ponies. Her and Twilight, in essence are the two main ponies, being the ponies who are the main protagonists in so many episodes. Anyone else notice that they're the ones with the most episodes starring them?

Watched this again last night and had a thought: If Dash's sonic rainboom helped all the mane 6 to get their cutie marks, do you think there's a chance it also caused any other ponies to get theirs? Or possibly had some other kind of effect? I mean, it was such a strong explosion that it cracked open a huge rock filled with gems and also sent a magical shockwave through Twilight, what if it gave a sudden magical power boost to somepony else or woke an ancient evil from its long slumber.

And yes, maybe. It helped six other ponies get their cutie marks, so why not a ton more? Did you see how much Pinkie smiled when she saw the Rainbow?  :lol:

Watched this again last night and had a thought: If Dash's sonic rainboom helped all the mane 6 to get their cutie marks, do you think there's a chance it also caused any other ponies to get theirs? Or possibly had some other kind of effect? I mean, it was such a strong explosion that it cracked open a huge rock filled with gems and also sent a magical shockwave through Twilight, what if it gave a sudden magical power boost to somepony else or woke an ancient evil from its long slumber?

Maybe? Maybe we'll see another pony who got his/her cutie mark thanks to Rainbow Dash? That would be interesting. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This was a really great episode. It involves the Mane 6 telling the Cutie Mark Crusaders how they got their cutie mark. Most of it was just flashbacks but it was really enjoyable. My highlight for the episode was at the end when they realized they were connected before they met. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.

640px-A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png

How Special :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the episode and the backstory behind it, except some things seemed to contradict other episodes. There's the obvious..

Spike in S01:E01: "I started off as a purple and green egg..."

wyi9rf1.png

Some other things bugged me also, but I'll leave them because I'd be here for days. Still one of my favorite episodes though!

Edited by Saroth

This is one of those episodes that stands as a bit of a keystone for the series. It links the two core character groups (Mane Six and CMC), establishes personal lore (the Mane Six's back stories) and sows the seeds for a big picture view of why Cutie Marks exist. It also serves as a great discussion piece about how our lives can be traced to specific moments that shaped our futures. I love the symbolism here. Basically 'No Pony is an island ...'.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Agreeing that I loved learning more about the mane 6's past histories.  ^^  And I thought the whole episode was tied together so well!  Also, lol at Scootaloo's Rainbow Dash obsession.  Come on, let them tell their stories first!  I'm still alarmed by the idea that Pinkie grew up on a rock farm, but at least she turned out okay.... well.... XDD