• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Straight-haired Pinkie. Alaikittttt. Looks cuter than ever!  x3 Not to mention young Fluttershy. I was like "Aaaaaaaahh" 'girly scream'  xD #AdorablenessOverloaded

I like the Sonic-Rainbow boom,where everything changes~

Easily my favrite episode....I think of all time!

back in the season 1 days I found it hard to follow cutie marks and what they made. this episode made it clear to what a cutie mark was and how others got theres. it was a wonderful episode and seeing the young ponies brought me soo much joy!

My fave story was pinkie pie. It was quite funny back then...who farms rocks...like really XD

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of my favourite episodes, and for good reason. There's a lot of character development and backstory that this episode builds on. It also has some great moments, for example, there's Twilight Sparkle hatching the egg that Spike was in, the first Rainboom that sparked motivation for the characters, and a whole lot more.

I strongly recommend watching it.

• 2 weeks later...

So if fluttershy wasn't so weak in cloudsdale and those bullies didn't bully her, rainbow wouldn't come to the idea of a race and never doing the sonic rainboom and then....yeah that would be chaos for equestria :(

I liked it, I liked the stories behind the cutie marks and I loved how we got to see Twilight's raw magical powers  :grin2:

• 4 weeks later...

I love this episode, especially Scootaloo's reaction ("Ugh!  These namby pamby stories aren't getting us any closer to our cutie marks!  They're about 'finding who you really are' and boring stuff like that!") but it makes me wonder- what would have happened if RD didn't perform the Sonic Rainboom?

If she didnt perform the sonic rainboom MLP: friendship is magic wouldnt exist so careful incase celestia's listening

• 3 weeks later...

I really loved this episode, seeing how our favorite ponies came to be who they are. And the sweetness about how they were connected thanks to Rainbow Dash. This episode redeemed Dash for me, because all the episodes I'd seen on TV before starting at the very beginning had me not liking her at all. Now I see her significance and I've realized she is as central to the show as Twilight. She still is only a mid range pony for me in terms of favorites, but she moved way up from the bottom after this episode. I think this episode was quite critical to help the audience relate and feel like we know these characters personally, which is necessary to create long term devotion from viewers who would otherwise never feel a connection. 

• 2 months later...

Easily the best episode of the first season and a highlight of the entire Series. If you haven't watched this episode before, do it now.

Throughout the whole episode, the different origin stories of the Mane 6 will be explained through the eyes of the CMC. It makes us understand the Mane 6 far better, why they do what they do and how it actually affected and it works so well, it's almost frightning.

On a side note, this was the episode where i predicted that Twilight would become an Alicorn one day and i watched the episode over a year before it was announced. With Celestia saying that "she has the most raw magical power she has ever seen."

This was also for me the first episode, where i didn't found the CMC annoying and where i actually kinda liked them. They showed genuine childlike curiosity.

While Spike thinks Twilight was being sappy about the moral, i think there is some truth behind it. There is an old saying that says "a stranger is a friend you never met." While you shouldn't go to a stranger and immediatly befriend, but maybe you see someone on the street, that you might meet again 5 years and then become best friends with him. You and your best friend could look at the same Rainbow right now.

This episode is Awesometacular. :)

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

This was an amazing episode, one of my favorites, but there was something odd that I noticed... I'd think that the background ponies are the same age as the Mane 6, but when we see Twilight and Rarity's flashbacks, ponies such as Derpy are adults. Shouldn't they also have been fillies at that time? I know that they probably don't want to create a bunch of new background ponies for that episode, but its still a bit odd to me, like when filly Twilight is standing next to a much older Lyra...

I just started a binge re-watch of the whole series, and I didn't notice this until this time around.  Alongside filly Twi, we see adult Lyra and several others.  Golden Harvest was there, and I think Minuette.  I forget who else.  But yeah, apparently all background ponies are immortal.

Also (and this was probably mentioned already), but if you re-watch this episode, you'll notice that Scootaloo flies.  That's right.  She can fly.  Like, completely fly--not just gliding or falling with style.  She flew.  So....yeah....there's that.  :huh:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This episode was amazing and very enjoyable. I really loved how we get to the past of the mane 6 and how they got their cutie marks. I also like how they were all connected and brought together because of Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom. My favorite backstories of the mane 6 are Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the best episodes to come out of the first season.

I really enjoyed seeing how the mane 6 acted in their childhood and learning about their backstories.

Plus we got some really good moments from the CMC.

It was also a pretty heartwarming episode.