NavelColt

79 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I don't know, something about owls creeps me out. But I love horror so I enjoy drawing them ^-^

Don't you tell me they aren't terrifying, has anyone watched Avatar the Last Airbender? The guardian of the library? Horrifying 

04Skeptical.jpg

Plus, the whole time I was rooting for Spike and was just waiting for them to reveal Owlicious is actually evil but nope. I'M STILL NOT CONVINCED :P

Edited by ~Glimmer Bloom~

• 4 weeks later...

I liked this episode because it reminded me of the short film Wallace and Gromit "The Wrong Trousers" and the evil Penguin in it. Wow- that's from 1993 I was 5 then.

post-24370-0-07328900-1395255756_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

ok Owlicious is awesome just saying. really though could the ponys not see spike was jealous?

i mean like imediately. not when they figured it out. spike needed to be shown he was loved and they all just oohed and awwed over owlicious. Spike deserves more!

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Two bits that made me ROFL - Spike and the "Quills & Sofas" place and his crazy "Snidely Whiplash/Frame Owlicious for 'mousey murder' scheme".

What's funny about the latter is Spike's ignorance of owl behavior/diet as well as how he goes about it (the 'Snidely Whiplash' costume, cat-toy mouse, ketchup 'blood', being caught mid-scheme). Oh, Spike! You're adorkable!

"We don't have any more quills....ya wanna sofa?"

I'd love to know what sort of weird town would have a shortage of pens?

Edited by Pinkiesister75

Is it just be but i really feel this episode was lackluster...it just feels off for spike to get his knickers so far into a twist over this,and the mane six to really fawn over an owl they JUST met!? It was a funny episode and it gave me good ride...but i can't said it's good or bad...ugh conflictions

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I actually liked this one, in fact it's among my favorites of the first season!

It was full of gags that made me chuckle and the plot.. well, it reminds me of the Thomas and Friends special The Great Discovery which is one of the only good things put out by HiT

I will admit though, the way the Mane 6 acted over seeing Owlicious, for the very first time, was rather silly. Otherwise I think it's great.

EDIT: oh wow i actually liked this episode lol what the hell

Edited by SuperALPHYSBrony

• 2 months later...

This was a decent episode. It involved Twilight getting an Owl and Spike being jealous of it. I also found it pretty funny as well. And the lesson at the end was really touching how Spike would never get replaced.

• 3 weeks later...

The closed captioning for this episode says, "Aloysious" but in other episodes it's "Owlicious" WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THAT!? THEY TRICKED ME INTO THINKING IT WAS ALOYSIOUS!!! Anyways... I was not the biggest fan of this episode. It had it's funny moments but I don't really care for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't love this one.  Spike being jealous just kind of annoyed me.  But I have to agree with him- that owl seems really suspicious to me.  XD  I wasn't convinced that it was all in Spike's head.

• 2 weeks later...

Not too great of an episode, while not the worst (Show stoppers take that "honor") it definitely was far from they best. There were a few funny moments like spike conversing with Owlicious and the "spiked punch" got a laugh out of me the first time. But the plot is all over the place and it seems to make Owlicious a Mary Sue so spike can suffer because he's spike. Also the ending just abandons all logic as Almost all of the scenes where Owlicious was upstaging spike took place in the day. Overall while not the worst of season 1, it's definitely far from the best.

• 4 months later...

When spike was setting up the "crime scene" was hilarius :lol:  Anyway, Im not a fan of this episode... I felt like Twilight all of a sudden strted almost disliking Spike, And then she all of a sudden changed side to Spike again... Wait what?

I don't really like Owlicious overall...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I generally liked this episode, but it's somewhat painful to watch in places because of how hard-hearted Twilight acts towards Spike. Maybe she had been reading too many crappy parenting books that say to not let anything slide with children? Don't get me wrong - Spike brought a lot of it on himself by feeling jealous over Owlicious and not owning up to burning the book. But instead of sitting down and having a talk with Spike she simply scolds him and expects him to change without trying to figure out what's bothering him.

The scene of him thinking she doesn't love him anymore is truly heartbreaking, but is an interesting foreshadowing of Spike's abandonment issues we learn more about when he faces Sombra's dark spell. I wish they would revisit that aspect of his character again in a future episode because it's still unresolved IMO.

This episode does score some additional points for being the only episode in the entire series (so far) with a surprisingly graphic (fake) bloodbath scene..... :blink:

• 1 month later...

Oh poor Spike, you just can't catch a break, can you?

First off, i hated the "Woo" joke that was dragging through the whole episode. It wasn't funny then and it's not funny now and it's never gonna be funny.

Spikes behavior through most of the episode was kinda grating. I know he is supposed to be a kid and i understand that, but how can he seriously believe that Owliscious would take his place? He seems to be smarter then this.

What i did like though, was the ending of Twilight and Spike bonding. I wish that this show would show that more, because i am one of the few guys who like Spike x Mommy Twilight moments. :blush:

It dosen't save the episode for me though, and it's the beginning of a list of bad Spike episodes.

Thumbs down.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This episode reminds me of Wallace and Gromit's Wrong Trousers. The only difference is, they decided not to have Owlicious be an antagonist in the episode. Though I do think that Owlicious was in a way trying to one up Spike. I think that at the end Twilight should have been a little more stern with Owlicious for that and tell them both to share the responsibilities.

Not one of my favorite episodes.