• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/128-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Party of One
Air Date: April 29, 2011
Synopsis: Confused and discouraged, Pinkie Pie goes on a mission to find out why her friends are avoiding her most recent party invitation.

One of the most outrageously popular episodes, Pinkie Pie's evil alter-ego among the fanbase, 'Pinkamena', was born this day. And so to were any number of grotesque fanfics and art pieces centering around cupcakes :3 Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 11

You know, I wish the show crew would bring back pinkamena. That was surprisingly awesome to see Pinkie go all crazy. I loved this episode. It was also so incredibly funny. xD

• Brohoof 11
  • Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...

This episode was just great. I loved how Pinkie disguised as a pack of hay... with a mustache :lol:. That was hilarious :D Also, the mental breakdown of Pinkie was very well presented... I love this episode!

• Brohoof 8

I really want to see Pinkamena! It is sort of sad to see such a bubbly pony go so insanely sad, but it was done in a way that made it funny! Pinkie Pie has a lot of depth beyond her hilarious exterior. I hope they bring her into the mix in season 3, maybe with more interaction with the other ponies as Pinkamena. (Although, she only went crazy because she was lonely.... hmmm) Oh the possibilities! :P

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This episode has a special place in my heart, being the first episode of my little pony that I ever saw. It really showed my that my little pony wasn't the average little girl's cartoon, and would actually have something to offer me.

• Brohoof 3

this ep is AWSOME :P i love the part with rocks are friends and the ending poof with the hair back to normal i love this watched it 7 times fly rainbow fly :lol:

whats going on nothing whats in the barn nothing just consruction :wacko:  *draa* *dra* *dra* *bang* *bang* *bang* knock door head bang lol i love that part

hi

i am new add me pls

Edited by chattydash
  • Brohoof 3

The episode was very...interesting.I blame it for cupcakes.

Don't blame the episode for cupcakes, sure it might've lead someone to write cupcakes, but its not this episode's fault; its the person who wrote the actual fanfic.

Anyways, this is by far the episode I've watched the most. I don't know why but there's something funny about pinkiemenia...

Edited by Dusty Sparkle
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Was it just me, or did you feel a little sentimental at the end of the episode when Pinkie realizes that her friends are throwing the party?  It actually made me tear-up at the end, no shame!  When an episode can do this to someone, you know it was good.  You also know that the show is good.

• Brohoof 2

someone post a meme of this plz?

2nu2yh.png

yaknow, just for lolz?

hmmm.... i fart in your general direction! lol

I'm sorry i was just thinkin bout that french knight from monty python and the holy grail.

neways, is it just me or does pinkie pie's color turn darker when she flips out.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I wish the show crew would bring back pinkamena. That was surprisingly awesome to see Pinkie go all crazy. I loved this episode. It was also so incredibly funny. xD

Count me in.

PP needs more party episodes.

Edited by Ulrik Raben
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ha, I was actually tricked by this episode in a way. At first, I thought it was going to be a nice little message about you can’t just have one party after another/make people do what you want to do right there and then, as in, your friends may have work to do/other plans/ or of course simply plain not feel like it as they just went to your party the night before! In other words, just because you’re in the mood for party fun, it doesn’t mean you can force everyone else to be!

But then…

As soon as I realized the ponies were throwing a party for Pinkie (which was immediately obvious the moment I knew Twilight was buying a cake), I was like, oh, it’s more along the lines of finding out the whole story first and not jumping to conclusions etc.

I got trolled by the moral troll... ^_^

Edited by PianoOfMuffins
  • Brohoof 4

I have to say, this was rather entertaining.

I hope I wasn't the only one that heard the  helium-like noise when Pinkie Pie's hair went straight.

Now I guess we know Pinkie has a sensitive side :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great episode. I usually get annoyed when a plot is too predictible, and I immediately knew what was going on and how the episode was going to end. Dispite that, I love this episode. I may have known what was going to happen, but it was a ton of fun the whole time.

I also like that Pinkie was well written in this episode. A character like Pinkie can be hard to write well. The idea is that she's thoughtful and clever, but naive. A lot of times writers simply go with, "Make her say or do something stupid, it will be funny." I remember Dee Dee in Dexter's Lab had this same problem.

• Brohoof 2