NavelColt

112 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I would say this was the first episode and how I became a Brony. Didn't know what was a Brony at that time or what the show is about but a friend posted it on my Facebook. The still image of Pinkie Pie with her eyes lost got to my curiosity as I try to decide to watch it and I did.

tumblr_m0gkgsJt341r8k5p5o1_500.gif

The theme of the this episode was very dark and amusing because of my taste. I thought to myself that there is no way in hell this is a kids show. After watching this episode I couldn't wait to see the rest, even though most of the episodes wasn't like this expect for episode 29 "Lesson Zero". I did enjoy the rest of the season and there isn't one I dislike.

the straight hair pinkie looked cool.

I do enjoy that look, hope in season four she come back with that look. But it be hell to have her like that if she clone her self like in Season 3, episode 3... Umm "Too Many Pinkie Pies" with that magic mirror. That episode did make me sad and was worry about her. Least favorite also now that I remember that bloody episode. Ugh.

yeah Pinkiemena showed up again in Too Many Pinkies episode.

Pinkie going psycho like that was a little bit too creepy for my tastes honestly.

It was one thing when she was just making the fake friends talk , but when she honestly seemed to believe they were talking themselves is little too crazy for me.

I posted my Top Ten favorite episodes on Pinterest.  This one was number four.

I do not really understand why people refer to straight-haired Pinkie Pie as Pinkamena.  That is just her full first name.  As far as I know, it didn't change from Pinkamena to Pinkie when her hair turned fluffy.  

When I saw this episode the first time, I had the same thought as PianoOfMuffins.  I figured that they were just making excuses because they didn't want to have parties every day - and Pinkie was going to have to learn that not everypony wants to party all of the time.  

There is one thing about Pinkie Pie that this episode makes me question:  Why doesn't she ever hang out with her hundreds of other friends?  If she is friends with everypony in Ponyville, it seems strange that she just has a party with inanimate objects when her five closest friends ditch her. 

Edited by Shawn Parks

I do not really understand why people refer to straight-haired Pinkie Pie as Pinkamena.  That is just her full first name.  As far as I know, it didn't change from Pinkamena to Pinkie when her hair turned fluffy.

For what I believe and pretty sure it's the best to separate the unstable Pinkie Pie with the name Pinkamena then calling her the 'insane' Pinkie Pie. Don't know if the writers will bring her back in that stage in later episode but it will be surprising for us if they do. Very much like the return of Derpy Hooves. Sorry but for those who loves Derpy and I do want her to return as much as anyone here ;P.

There is one thing about Pinkie Pie that this episode makes me question:  Why doesn't she ever hang out with her hundreds of other friends?  If she is friends with everypony in Ponyville, it seems strange that she just has a party with inanimate objects when her five closest friends ditch her. 

Didn't think much about that since it's a cartoon and I was already satisfied with the show ending as it is. My personal thought about it, even though she has friends with everypony in Ponyville. The shear fact that she couldn't take the any one of her friends couldn't come; even though she can invite others, was enough to break her.

If you remember, on season 2, episode 18 "A Friend in Deed" Pinkie Pie made it a mission to gain Cranky Doodle Donkey as a friend no matter what even if it will annoy the living buck out of him. Of course Pinkie Pie wasn't trying too but she can't help how she is. Which her personalty can be fatal if not satisfied and leaving us with the infamous Pinkamena in the Brony community. Which I love very much! XP

I do not really understand why people refer to straight-haired Pinkie Pie as Pinkamena. That is just her full first name. As far as I know, it didn't change from Pinkamena to Pinkie when her hair turned fluffy

Well I know. But I guess that is some way for people (including myself, who is a huge Pinkie fan) to identify this all sad or crazy Pinkie Pie, without having to say "crazy pinkie pie" or "sad pinkie pie".

I think people call her Pinkamena when she acts like that since she seemed a little very much schizophrenic when she went crazy. Therefore people started to call her other personality Pinkamena since it seemed pointless to creat a new name.

Also, even though her real name is Pinkamena, everyone calls her Pinkie Pie.

If you remember, on season 2, episode 18 "A Friend in Deed" Pinkie Pie made it a mission to gain Cranky Doodle Donkey as a friend no matter what even if it will annoy the living buck out of him. 

That is my second favorite episode of the series, after "Too Many Pinkie Pies."  That episode re-enforces my perplexity as to why Pinkie would party alone just because her primary friends were not around.  In "A Friend in Deed," it is clear that Pinkie does not just want Cranky to call her a friend, but that she wants to have a legitimate relationship with him that would involve doing activities together.  Presumably, she does have actual friendships with many other ponies, and spends a lot of her off-camera time with them.

This are coming from the Chinese dub version of Party of One.

Twilight are named Purple Wyatt, Pinkie Pie is Peach and Gummy is Mimi.

Wow Purple Wyatt?? how did they even come up with that name

Some people say that Pinkie was overacting, but if you listen to the "Smile" song, it literally says she can't survive if she doesn't get a smile from everyone. 

So, what would happen if all her best friends ditched doing her favorite thing and Spike told her that all her friends were avoiding her?

blink.png

• Brohoof 1

This was the very first episode I ever saw. I remebre seeing ads for MLP: FiM on tv and one day I saw it on so I decided to give it a try. Though I didn't get to see the full episide (as I had to change the channel when ever someone came into the room), I still enjoyed it! I would have watched more episodes but I never saw it agian on tv and I eventualy forgot about it, that is, until months later when I found out about bronies and I started watching MLP, and when I got to this episode, it all came back to me...

• Brohoof 3

This was the very first episode I ever saw. I remebre seeing ads for MLP: FiM on tv and one day I saw it on so I decided to give it a try. Though I didn't get to see the full episide (as I had to change the channel when ever someone came into the room), I still enjoyed it! I would have watched more episodes but I never saw it agian on tv and I eventualy forgot about it, that is, until months later when I found out about bronies and I started watching MLP, and when I got to this episode, it all came back to me...

That's one of the best ways to enjoy MLP: FiM - arousing memories. The other way is to flat out start watching it and continue to watch it.

I really liked this episode.  It is definitely one of the most memorable episodes, and it has one of the most important lessons that you can teach:

Always give your friends the benefit of the doubt; situations may not always be as you perceive them.

• Brohoof 2

This episode speaks volumes to me. My closest friends are often super busy so when I'm feeling moody I somehow worry that they actually don't like me and are "just being polite". This episode does a lot to make me feel better.

Of course she was overreacting but think of it this way: if you love your friends dearly and with all your heart, how would you feel if you found they all actually hated you? The flour sack and rocks and such were a bit much but the feeling is still there. I have three very close friends and I'd be absolutely crushed if I found out they didn't like me.

Some people say that Pinkie was overacting, but if you listen to the "Smile" song, it literally says she can't survive if she doesn't get a smile from everyone. 

So, what would happen if all her best friends ditched doing her favorite thing and Spike told her that all her friends were avoiding her?

img-1391800-1-blink.png

I loved this episode. Not only was Pinkie going crazy downright HILARIOUS, it does a lot to showcase what Pinkie's all about. She puts others having fun over herself. She forgot her own birthday, you guys. Think about that. The pony that is all about parties forgot her own birthday. Why? Because she was focused on her friends and pet having fun at another party for him.

• Brohoof 3

I loved this episode. Not only was Pinkie going crazy downright HILARIOUS, it does a lot to showcase what Pinkie's all about. She puts others having fun over herself. She forgot her own birthday, you guys. Think about that. The pony that is all about parties forgot her own birthday. Why? Because she was focused on her friends and pet having fun at another party for him.

You're right, of course.  Pinkie Pie is awesome!  She even made sure that they still made the party partly for Gummy, when they had just celebrated his birthday the day before. 

• Brohoof 1

This episode shows an entirely different side of Pinkie Pie. Not only is she more sensitive than she usually lets on, but it also reveals a bit of a tendency toward paranoia. It clearly shows that she needs her friends, and needs to be loved. If she is ignored she feels discouraged, and gets angry...which is something I've been known to do as well. :P

As a side-note, I absolutely love that crazy smile she gives when she's interacting with the inanimate objects. I remember that when I was eleven years old, I was so lonely, and bullied so much, that I began to "make friends" with inanimate objects, so I completely understand her need for friends.

• Brohoof 1

This is one of my favorite episodes. I love the scene where pinkie goes mad and then we glance for a second into P.P. Psyche and we see all her made up friends talking to her as if they were real, then we come back to reality and see she's just imitating the voices, especially love when rainbow dash confronts rocky and knocks him over.

Title: Party of One

Air Date: April 29, 2011

Synopsis: Confused and discouraged, Pinkie Pie goes on a mission to find out why her friends are avoiding her most recent party invitation.

One of the most outrageously popular episodes, Pinkie Pie's evil alter-ego among the fanbase, 'Pinkamena', was born this day. And so to were any number of grotesque fanfics and art pieces centering around cupcakes :3

Hello. My name is Falco55, and I'm here that my favorite part of the season 1 episode "Party of One" was Pinkie Pie's hair pop out, and had long straight hair. I her hair that way.

I like this episode, but after finding out about Pinkamena, I really can't think of this episode the same again. I am not a fan of grimdarks, and pinkamena didn't really make me like them any more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Oh, no. My friends don't like my parties and don't want to be my friends anymore".

I think that was a sadder part of the episode. It made my sad anyway. But Pinkie Pie allowed herself to mistrust her friends before demanding that Spike lie to her about it. I like the episode. The message is strong and a great episode for someone to watch first.

• Brohoof 1