NavelColt

112 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I Didn't mind the episode expect for pinkies fake party with the bucket of onions, bag of flour, a rock, and I cant remember the rest but that made me drive insane!! :unsure:  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The worst part of the episode is actually about the fandom when Pinkamena first appeared.

While actual Pinkamena is just a sad, lonely version of Pinkie Pie, the fandom shows her as a psycho that kills ponies.

And I thought the show was for kids.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVED this episode because Pinkie got extremely insane. Not the kind of thing you see in a "show for little girls", haha.

I realized that the scene when Pinkie Pie goes insane:

Is kinda like this scene:
  • Brohoof 2

I showed someone this episode today for the first time, and she did not love it.  Somewhere between meh and liked it.  This kinda baffles me.  This episode knocked me over the first time I watched it.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh a topic I loath. Not because of the episode itself, more because of all the Cupcakes fanatics that say that Pinkamena is 'Cupcakes Pinkie'. If these people had the clairvoyance to see what the moral of the episode was all about, then this wouldn't be an issue. Pinkamena is more or less her origin state, so to speak. She had the down mane look long before it became poofy. She only assumes her origin state during times of depressive causing. Yes, she does notably, have a hint of temporary insanity, but it's because of her consurn that her friends do not like her parties anymore due to a lack of attendance, and going to the lengths of avoiding Pinkie.

I suppose it's not entirely the fault of the fans, the episode's content hold some very sensitive topics. Depression being one of the biggest. But it doesn't excuse the fact that she is assumed as something she is not by fans.

Edited by Vemillia Nightshade
  • Brohoof 3

Derp-ed Pinkie? Why not  xD

The part where Pinkie having a party with non-living objects kinda explains my life though.  ._.

She didn't think most of the episode was that funny, but she did say the madame le flour part was good.  She REALLY loved Lesson Zero though.

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely love this episode, but can I just say that calling her Pinkamena is just kind of silly? I mean, that's just Pinkie's name. It has nothing to do with her being depressed or insane.

I'll agree it has nothing to do with insanity but Pinkamena Dianne Pie is actually her original full name. Ponies use Pinkie Pie as a short way of mentioning her name. Kinda like a nickname. Also it's possible Pinkie herself may prefer a shorter version of her name to forget her past, without entirely forgetting it. Well if that makes any sense.

Pinkie Pie forever peeps. 

I have a question though does pinkie have a split personality.

I actually explained it earlier in this thread that she had a case of temporary insanity. This was due to her friends avoiding her at great lengths which made her think they didn't want to be friends with her anymore. Little did Pinkie know that she was being throw a surprise party. Though it kinda didn't help that Pinkie did force Spike to say what she kinda wanted to hear unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf6qMcDQN6E

• 3 weeks later...

I loved it  :wub:. Seeing those dark sides of Pinkie Pie, of her insecurities and loneliness... it was just awesome (and I became of the Pinkamena figure  :lol:) :D

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

this was one of my favorite Pinkie Pie episodes, i have to agree with many, that the dark side of Pinkie is something that should be explored again, and since the writers like to pull rabbits out of their hats sometimes to force whatever plot they want, either for the sake of moral, or for their own amusement..  i wouldn't mind just a tiny bit of pandas being thrown at me  xD

as for the Pinkamena people speak of, if that has anything to do with Cupcakes...  i... i... i just didn't like Cupcakes  :'(  it made me depressed when i first read it...  i love Rainbow Dash btw <3  :wub:

• Brohoof 2

this was one of my favorite Pinkie Pie episodes, i have to agree with many, that the dark side of Pinkie is something that should be explored again, and since the writers like to pull rabbits out of their hats sometimes to force whatever plot they want, either for the sake of moral, or for their own amusement..  i wouldn't mind just a tiny bit of pandas being thrown at me  xD

as for the Pinkamena people speak of, if that has anything to do with Cupcakes...  i... i... i just didn't like Cupcakes  :'(  it made me depressed when i first read it...  i love Rainbow Dash btw <3  :wub:

Well you will be happy to hear that Pinkamena is NOT inspired by 'Cupckes'. In fact I've made posts throughout this thread that clarifies somethings about 'cupcakes' Pinkamena came to be due to both the fan-fiction and show. The shows intentions with Pinkemena were rather pure despite the dark tones involving depression. The cult following for 'cupcakes' is what blew it out of proportion when the episode Party of One came out, since 'Cupcakes' came out before the episode even existed.

• Brohoof 2

Well you will be happy to hear that Pinkamena is NOT inspired by 'Cupckes'. In fact I've made posts throughout this thread that clarifies somethings about 'cupcakes' Pinkamena came to be due to both the fan-fiction and show. The shows intentions with Pinkemena were rather pure despite the dark tones involving depression. The cult following for 'cupcakes' is what blew it out of proportion when the episode Party of One came out, since 'Cupcakes' came out before the episode even existed.

oh okays, i guess i remained ignorant to this info, since my first impression was just the Cupcakes fanfic, so i tried avoiding anything else with the Pinkamena tag.  i'm sorry that i was a fool :(  thank you for bringing this up.  is there any decent fanfic you can suggest of Pinkamena?

• Brohoof 1